1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We are screwed - financial crisis and AdSense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Hendricius, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendricius

Hendricius Peon

Best Answers:
    Now the question is in which niche you are? Some niches are feeling the impact stronger than others.

I am generating around 40-80k impressions per day giving me good average data. My CTR and CPC dropped significantly and I did not change any ad placements.

Hendricius, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  2. QuangVo

QuangVo Peon

Best Answers:
    Its very impressive that Hendricius get 40-80k impression what is your market niche and what did you do?

QuangVo, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  3. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my daily income is drop by 50%

irule272, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  4. jready

jready Guest

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't go that far....:

Note(s): results and comments below are certain to vary between particular business sectors and/or business model(s)....

1.) If you look at year's past = you'd probably see similar results for the begining of most years and certainly during the first quarter, eh?

*Really now?, is a slight decline in average CPC via the first few months any shocker? I hope not.... or at least a bit more during our current economic state/status..... Again, not to be confused w/ an entire year.....

2.) Obviously if your CPC via publisher has gone down, there is less competition for said keywords & perhaps industry. "Hint," this should also serve as a good indication that your own business can profit from these campaign(s) while there is the oportunity to do so, eh?

3.) Please re-post & report your findings and trends for the same keywords/campaigns etc. at the end of March & let us know what you find at that juncture, eh?...:D

Simply sit back, observe & learn to take advantage of all Economic Climates....:D

jready, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  5. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is a cheap advertising model for most big name brands and small companies and so I don't think that the changes have been as drastic as people are making out. Some people say earnings are dropping and some say earnings are fairly good. There is a great deal more competition out there these days and for make money online, SEO subjects etc... most web users are pretty clued up on Adsense and may be reluctant to click on ads; same with affiliate programs!

Some web users even block cookies and use ad removal software. There are many reasons why earnings may have not been what they were a few months, years back. You have to remember that some business giants (Woolworth/Zavvi) have all gone bust recently and people are losing their jobs every day. It may be just a tad bit insensitive to moan over revenue loss in these times as everyone is feeling it, even Google.

If you can't manage, then think of new ways to combat the problem, i.e work longer hours, set up a donation button on your blog/website, try some link baiting, try and get some media interest... anything to improve traffic and current standings. The web savvy bloggers/webmasters will already be past this phase!:D

Ryan6, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  6. ihateasianparents

ihateasianparents Banned

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense is definately underpaying people atm. Gosh I am earning so less >.<

ihateasianparents, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  7. pablopabla

pablopabla Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the risk of revealing my "trade secrets", I can only say that it is a sub-niche in the Finance category.

pablopabla, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  8. Hendricius

Hendricius Peon

Best Answers:
    My websites is about computer games. Games are no niche with high-payouts so I am not earning that much ;).

Sorry, I have to disagree, AdSense is a perfect marketing model for niche sites. If you really optimize your AdSense units then you can get a lot of clicks, more clicks than on any other advertising program.

Computer games is the niche. I have no websites about Finances. My blog is about blogging and advertising - is that finance? I am mainly writing about AdSense related subjects as I have collected quite some experience the past years :). Using some simple methods and psychological tricks I was able to quickly up my CTR and CPC. However, I am struggling with the crisis currently although computer games aren't effected that much.

Check out this thread here on DP. I made a video containing the basics of AdSense optimization.

Hendricius, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  9. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It was a long December here. February and 2009 holds promise.
    Spending less on adwords
    Adding new affiliates
    Cleaning up sites
    Adding new sites

Good Luck, all!

Karen May Jones, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  10. Hendricius

Hendricius Peon

Best Answers:
    That's exactly the problem. Advertisers discontinue advertising and that reduces the relevancy :).

Hendricius, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  11. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:

But, I have to, I've no other choice ($$). Plus, I'll be spending less because I'll be more the wiser this year, I think :eek:

Karen May Jones, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  12. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on your niche. Some niches will see a decline in revenue, others will stay about the same, and others will actually increase. Your article is only looking at one side of it.

stackman, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  13. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to see an up-to date stat on the market share of the search engines, looking at Ask, Cuil, MSN, Yahoo, Wiki etc. I just wonder if Google are still doing the business and are still growing; I know that Yahoo have been taking back a share in recent years.

This could damage Google and with the Adsense model, if the economy starts to bite with the payouts to a really poor level, then could you not see a great number of publishers moving towards affiliate programs? I love Google- esp what their doing with Blogger, Myspace, Youtube etc... but it is the publishers that make them tick and if they move and if other search engines have their day... then Google could suffer quite badly. I doubt they will, but you never know.

Ryan6, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  14. tulip4heaven

tulip4heaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be its time to Use affiliate marketing , I was happy with adsense but from last 3 months revenue dropped 50%

Thanks
    Usman

tulip4heaven, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  15. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    To think of it, Larry and Sergey are both very smart. If publishers left then you could imagine them creating a CPA program with competitive rates. Or perhaps, they might lower their share of the revenue with publishers on Adsense and attract numbers that way.:)

Ryan6, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  16. jaseenoor

jaseenoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    There seems some improvement since this February. Even though there seems some improvement it has not stabilized. I would like to see continuous improvement in the click rates. From almost 50 cents per click some times I am receiving as low as 1 cents per click..

jaseenoor, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  17. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice. You are bound to earn more income when you have different sources (resources!) at your disposal. Just think of adsense alternatives / affiliate marketing which will supplement adsense earnings, if not replace them :)

dairyman, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  18. Hendricius

Hendricius Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course. Many advertisers have to do because of the current economical situation. That's the problem, less advertisers means less relevant ads. A solution for Google would be to make it more attractive for the advertisers to advertise by for example cutting down their commission on every click.

Sounds easy but it isn't. Many publishers here on DP have general websites where affiliate marketing won't bring in good money :) (including my biggest website).

Hendricius, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  19. Kilomurion

Kilomurion Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks duoblogger,here you are ,I found you more closely now,thanks for the share and I follow keep to comment at duoblogger to update this

Kilomurion, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  20. kenn

kenn Peon

Best Answers:
    Now Adwords also cost lesser for most keywords ... so Adsense earnings will definitely get cut ...

Gone are the $5 per click earnings.

kenn, Feb 8, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.