1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NY Times is Treasonous

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by chulium, Jun 28, 2006.

1. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

So, how did the presslevy war against the US? How did they adhere to the enemies of the US. How did they give aid and comfort to the illusory enemies?

Reporting on the intrusive and potentially unconstitutional activities of the current regime in the US will be seen by some (many?) as patriotic, not treasonous.

The republic was founded on the principal of restraining government in the interest of furthering personal freedoms. This seems to be lost on many, sadly...

"Bushites, neo-cons,
    Haliburton, Enrons,
    Cheny, Powell and Wolfowitz,
    Condaleeza, lying bi.."

willybfriendly, Jun 28, 2006 IP
    anthonycea likes this.
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Amen Brother, finally someone that is a patriotic American that is willing to stand up to corrupt government, the ARMY fights just as well under Dem's.

The Republicans think all law and order would break down if not for Bush and Cheney and that our Military would forget how to fight without Republican leadership, they are brainwashed the whole lot of them!

PS: Boo Hoo, we need a strong leader like George Bush......Hell the guy ran from part time service in the National Guard and that is who the Republicans look to, LOL

anthonycea, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  3. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ willybefriendly: I think telling the enemy one of our key ways of tracking them down is giving them aid. Therefore, it is treasonous.

Period.

chulium, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  4. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    All money transfers involving the US are routed through a US based service. By now, all of us know that every action we take is recorded. Phone, internet, banking, purchases.

If tracking bank transfers is our key way of finding terrorist, I can now see why we still haven't found Bin Laden.

ServerUnion, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  5. chulium

Best Answers:
    We are trying to find terrorists in our own country... I mean, we would get rid of them in all the world but leave them in the US? That would be pretty stupid... terrorists are everywhere (Ever heard of the '91 Oklahoma bombing?) and we need to get our acts together and find them, ESPECIALLY in our own country.

EDIT: I see you say: "...our key way of..." - NO. It is ONE of our key ways. We have several. Some, I hope, are still concealed so the terrorists do not know about it.

chulium, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  6. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, but everyone knows the US tracks almost all activities of life. You are really getting the issues confused as the bombing was not officially tracked to a terrorist orginization. I see a lot of info supporting it, but not officially linked.

If you really must be in this mindset, maybe this book will be more your speed.

7. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, but I have heard of the 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing. Try getting your facts straight... at least ONCE. :D

yo-yo, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  8. chulium

Best Answers:
    Woops, you're right. Actually, that was the first time my facts WEREN'T straight. I'm getting it confused with the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.

So there are 2 major terrorist bombings in our country in the past 15 years; one much more recent than the other. It obviously is something we should be concerned about.

chulium, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  9. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You call yourself an american and a patriot, but you can't even keep your major events straight. :rolleyes:

And if you want to call the 1993 WTC Bombing a "terrorist act" , you'd be labeling the FBI terrorists.... that's not very republican of you :p

yo-yo, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  10. chulium

Best Answers:
    I'm 15, gimme a break... geez lol

I'm disgusted by you. You are calling the FBI terrorists. Clearly you are ignorant and misinformed. THAT is not very American of you. I do not believe YOU are a true American citizen. True American citizens love their country.

chulium, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  11. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    This thing people got of saying people "support terrorist" or "aren't american" or "aren't patriotic" is getting real old. Really, at 15 what have you done or sacraficed to say such. Stop acting like your 5hit doesn't stink. I suggest a change in attitude before high school, else look forward to daily wedgies and and trapped in your locker... ;)

really reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials

12. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Coming from someone who doesn't even know anything, about anything, your opinions don't matter much do they?

Why don't you go do some research on who made the bomb that was set off in WTC in 1993? Why don't you go do some research as to when the FBI knew about the plot to blow up the WTC in 1993 and why they did absolutely nothing to stop it? :rolleyes:

Perhaps when you actually know something, you'll be better qualified to make an informed opinion as to who the real terrorists are.

yo-yo, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well for a 15 year old kid you have balls and created a great thread, welcome to Digital Point, you will grow up fast around here and get smart quick, just don't believe everything you read, do your own research and don't run in packs or you will be in real trouble!

anthonycea, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  14. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    He seems a lot smarter than alex jones :D

Of course alex deserves some credit. Apparently he can make young angry white males with low IQs believe just about anything! And make huge profits off them in the process!

GTech, Jun 29, 2006 IP
    anthonycea likes this.
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Real funny GTech, but that is what you are best at, making comedy man, please stick to it! :D

16. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Does that mean you will be re-evaluating your positions?

One must ask:

"Are the positions I take on issues supported (or more likely supported) by the enemies of my country, or, do the positions I take support my country in a positive manner and would not benefit our enemies?"

If your positions support the enemies of our country, be proud and step up to the plate in taking those positions. If not, be bold and take a stance against supporting positions that would benefit terrorists.

Remember, not everyone wants America to fail and not everyone hates it. And it is possible to dislike the president, but love and support your country. Patriotism does not have a four year shelf life.

GTech, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  17. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    You are using the same old rhetoric I was complaining about. For the love of God stop calling everyone that has a different view a terrorist. You embody the attitude that is pulling away from all the good this country represents.

If questioning makes me such, I accept it proudly and with honor…

I’m out, time to make some more money so I can pay my taxes and help all I can to support the position our troups are in.

18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Welcome to GTech! :D

19. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to tear into you until you posted your age. At least you have an excuse, and plenty of time to learn more about the US Government. :)

We, as a country, do not make it a habit of "getting rid" or terrorists. Since you were around 11 at the time of 9/11 most of your political exposure makes it reasonable for you to believe that, but it's not actually the case. America generally does what it believes is best for itself, period. Often times that means funding the enemies of our enemies, regardless of their tactics. This includes such groups as the Nicaraguan contra rebels, the IRA, the PLO, etc. This also has meant giving aid and allying ourselves with countries at one point in time, then changing our minds when it suits us.

It's not that the government lies to us (although they of course do at times do that) as it is that they have teams made up of thousands and thousands of psychologists whose whole job is to put spins on the facts. You just need to learn to sift the facts from the propaganda, and then make up your own mind on what you think is right and wrong.

Btw, here is a list of known terrorist organisations... we're not actually out to get most of them.

-Michael

mvandemar, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  20. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it's ok as long as you aren't active with any terrorist activities. Look at Yo-Yo, he's having very radical opinions. However, he wont be taken seriously, neither will you.

latehorn, Jun 29, 2006 IP