1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense and New Windows

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by twalters84, Feb 6, 2009.

Hey there,

Is there anyway to use adsense so when a user clicks an ad, a new window opens up (target="_blank") instead of opening the ad in the window the user is currently in (target="_self")?

I hate the fact the user navigates away from the site if they click an ad.

I read about advertising on yahoo. What is that called yahoo adsense? Is their service the same way in that a new window does not open?

Thanks for any information.

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  2. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only adsense premium publishers are allowed to open ads in new window. To qualify as a premium publisher, you must have an established site in your niche with huge traffic.

seodelhi, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    twalters84 likes this.
  3. Josk

Josk Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo's contextual ad program is called Yahoo Publisher Network. It is still in beta, and last I read limited to U.S. publishers and intended for U.S. traffic, although those situations might have changed.

I don't recall whether its ads open new windows, but my guess is that they don't.

Josk, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    twalters84 likes this.
  4. twalters84

twalters84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

Well, I haven't released my site to google yet. That's planned for March 1st, but eventually, I do plan to have huge traffic within 3 years. Maybe then I can quality as a premium member.

Thanks in advance for the quick info. Props for both responders.

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  5. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you need about 20 million impressions per month...and even that is NO guarantee that you'll be premiumed.

Adpubster, Feb 6, 2009 IP