1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a few bucks on the side?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shortguy014, Feb 4, 2009.

I am wondering how I can simply create a few bucks on the side, nothing humongous, just a way to easily make some money. I'm not talking the major amounts like $500 week or $50 a day or anything, just a little bit of cash which will let me buy things on eBay etc.

Anyone got any ideas. Excluding 'Get Paid to Programs'
    Thanks

shortguy014, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  2. RonSilver

RonSilver Member

Best Answers:
    I can suggest three ways to make some cash on side which are:

1-Site flipping using just wordpress platform. You can also use joomla if you are easy with it.

2-Doing some freelance work on either DP or some other forum where there's a section for offering services to hire.

3- Affiliate marketing using clickbank/cj/amazon

With these methods you can make consistent cash in your spare time and you can buy stuff from ebay.

I'm also not a big fan of "Get paid to programs" or survey sites/programs etc.

If you keep things simple in the above three methods then you'll succeed faster but if you try to complicate them by using "guru" techniques then it would be just an headache for you.

Wishing you good luck with your ventures.

RonSilver, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  3. shortguy014

shortguy014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your help. And by the term site flipping you mean having multiple websites which you would have regular traffic to? And if so how would I get these sites known? Or do you mean buying domains, creating blogs and then re selling them to other users?

Thanks.

shortguy014, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  4. RonSilver

RonSilver Member

Best Answers:
    I meant this: you can choose a niche, write or get some fresh content, add either adsense or affiliate links, or both of them, and then sell it as a ready-made/turnkey site without any traffic/revenue for $50-$100. Such sites are being sold on sitepoint and here on DP. You can check the sites section in Buy & Sell forum here on DP to get an idea of what kinds/types of sites are being sold and for what price.

You can use wordpress platform for making these sites.

5. shortguy014

Best Answers:
    Cool, so choose a subject write how many posts would you say? Create an adsense acc especially for the website and sell it all for bout $100?

shortguy014, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  6. RonSilver

RonSilver Member

Best Answers:
    The site should consist of at least 10 pages of fresh content. That means one article/post of about at least 400-500 words on one page of site/blog.

Yes , create an adsense account plus affiliate account with any network if you're targeting any specific niche where there might be any product(s) available related to that niche.

7. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Join something like payperpost or reviewme. Take a look at their catalogs... and write reviews. That should make you some bucks.

Game Producer, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  8. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also you dont need an adsense account for each site, you can just have one account and seperate the ads. Save wasting time lol. Also im in this possition, i want another £250 to buy and then flip a site. i have £250 so far.

lorddan01, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  9. himoacs

himoacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging can help you do that but it will take some time...few months actually.
    1. get a blog
    2. Post useful stuff
    3. get a good PageRank
    4. sell links and blog posts

himoacs, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  10. george43

george43 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I think that you should state what you're good at and also what you like doing to start with!

george43, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  11. perry321

perry321 Guest

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just get a part-time job for a couple of months, save that money, quit, and then tap into the savings every now and then?

It will be a hell of a lot easier, faster, and, realistic.

I'm not trying to be negative here, because I show people how to make money with their websites, but since you only want a frew bucks here and there, and it is now and then....

Also, doing those typical methods you read time after time after time after time takes more work than a part-time job, and that job makes you more money anyway.

Unless you have experience it in, that is. Like, in, "site flipping," or affiliate marketing.

Sorry, just trying to keep it real for you.

perry321, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  12. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Karen May Jones, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  13. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    find a service you can do, create a page that displays that service, and market yourself ;)

Brandon Sheley, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  14. WebMarketingHelp

WebMarketingHelp Guest

Best Answers:
    I honestly don't think there is any easy way to make money on the net. But there are some things that are easier than others and some that are quicker than others. My experience with affiliate marketing goes way back and I've never found it easy. You need to know a lot of tricks, especially ways to get traffic to follow your links. Building websites and blogs also takes some expertise. Posting in blogs and writing articles all take a fair amount of work and time with little cash return.

The quickest and easiest way I've found to make some cash is right where you want to be, on eBay. Just start selling there. Avoid mass marketed stuff and see if you have, or can obtain, items like others list in the vintage computer section, rare coins or other collector categories. After you make a little cash, hone your skills by purchasing a good eBay selling course. Most of what you learn selling on eBay can be applied to making money anywhere online.

This is a true story, I was in the process of moving and was going to throw out an old kit computer I built in the 70's. Totally worthless technology by today's standards. I noticed some people on eBay were searching for items by this manufacturer. I decided to list my computer and paid an extra $5 to have it featured so my listing would sometimes get displayed on the home page of eBay when people were searching words in my listing title.
    7 days later I sold the computer and all it's software and manuals that had been kicking around the house for years for over $1,600. Not bad for around a $6 investment...

WebMarketingHelp, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  15. godinu

godinu Peon

Best Answers:
    concur with the above: ebay is a great way for quick cash. everyone has some stuff they don't want. may as well swap it for some cash.

godinu, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  16. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can do site flipping at DP BST section

lifeplayer, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  17. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GEt a freelance job. You could bid for a job at the service section, look for the content.

Chancey, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  18. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're from the US and speak the English well, I can have some work for you.

Vadym, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  19. shortguy014

Best Answers:
    Damn, Sorry Vadym. Im a pure bred australian and proud of it! WOW, thanks for all the help guys, I was only really expecting a couple of replys but you have come back with quite a lot of really resourceful information.

Perry321: I wanted to make a few bucks on the side - On the internet, I have plentiful money in my bank account, but I am wondering how to get started.

shortguy014, Feb 6, 2009 IP