1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

internal pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by manis, Feb 5, 2009.

Can any one tell me, In directory submission if i submit my interal pages it will be useful or not?

manis, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  2. Azher Memon

Azher Memon Peon

Best Answers:
    of course it will usefull. This is called deep linking and it will give you SERP power to your internal page too.

Azher Memon, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  3. soopoot

soopoot Member

Best Answers:
    You'll get very little benefit from directory submissions. Focus on quality websites in the same theme as yours to build links to your internal pages. The benefits are much greater.

soopoot, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  4. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried it recently?

I have and it's not as derogatory as you make out. Lots (about 400) of mixed directory submissions over a week or 2 has shown positive results. Although never enough to rank on the first page, still helps though and can be outsourced extremely cheaply.

T_Media, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  5. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with T_Media. A lot of people bash web directory submission, possibly because Google no longer recommends directory submission in their webmaster guidelines. Directory listings are still a decent way to build a bunch of backlinks though. I still start with that for any new website as it builds up a good link base. Several years ago you could probably rely on directory listings to help rankings more, but they still do help.

As for submitting internal pages, I think this is a good strategy. Linking to only your homepage makes your link profile look unnatural. You usually can't use your homepage to rank for all of your target keywords either. By building up the PR of your internal pages you are also helping create a healthy balance of PR throughout your website.

vansterdam, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  6. jamesfoster

jamesfoster Peon

Best Answers:
    Its always good to do directory submission to your internal page. But first prefer to give your main site. If your submission for main site is finished then go for internal pages..
    By this the SERP for your site increases. Actually SERP is nothing but search engine results page, or SERP, is the listing of web pages returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query. The results normally include a list of web pages with titles, a link to the page, and a short description showing where the keywords have matched content within the page. A SERP may refer to a single page of links returned, or to the set of all links returned for a search query.

jamesfoster, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  7. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree some what with you guys but the question is, how far it is useful to submit an internal page to directories? as far as my experience goes any quality directory will not approve it until it is a domain or it is a paid submission. I have greater success in terms of approval ratio to free directories when I submitted domain e.g. www.yourdomain.com. Just my 2C's.

sipltech, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  8. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    any links are somewhat decent links - as long as they're not coming from illegal web site content.

ezprint2008, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  9. dickieknee

dickieknee Active Member

Best Answers:
    many directories will not allow you to submit an internal page, where you are offered a chance to submit a internal page then take it, using different anchor text, linking, titles and descriptions, this will help in getting page rank, try also to optimise you on page factors, your first keyword is new jersey shore and yet your target market is new jersey shore rentals which is listed at the very end of your keywords meaning it is less important, then you have vacation rental and beach rentals at number 2 and 3 focus on one keyword phrase and variants of that keyword phrase for your first page, you also have no h1 tag...

dickieknee, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  10. gpk

gpk Peon

Best Answers:
    To optimize internal pages, try submit articles to EZA or other high PR article directories and then in your author bio, point a link to your internal page that you wish to optimize.

gpk, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  11. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directories allowed home pages only. Some of the directories allowed internal pages also. It's called as 'Deep Linking'. But it's default to find the deep linking Sites. It would be great if any one provide the list for deep linking.

jopsons, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  12. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Deep linking is good for your site.

aspire, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  13. seowebsite

seowebsite Guest

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right memon

seowebsite, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a URL to a list of deep-link directories provided in an earlier thread by a DP poster. I would attribute credit to him/her if I could remember who posted it. :) Thanks, whoever you are.

http://www.best-web-directories.com/free-deep-link-directories.htm

Jim4767, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  15. BluEnt

BluEnt Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with some of my friends out there, most of the directories allow home pages only. Please provide a free directory list for deep linking with high PRs. It would be great you guys suggest other ways for deep linking and one way linking.

BluEnt, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  16. manis

manis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jim thank you very much for sharing this deep link directories, it is very useful and right now i am working on this list only. Thanks a lot.

manis, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  17. GeeOne

GeeOne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Note generally the good directory do not approve deep link url, unless worth it

GeeOne, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  18. ekajanabee4u

ekajanabee4u Peon

Best Answers:
    of course. directory submissions of inner page will be useful for backlink of inner pages and it will affect is SERP.

ekajanabee4u, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  19. master.seo12

master.seo12 Banned

Best Answers:
    i thinks there are very few directories that are accept you inner links or deep links for your sites and you should be ready to pay for your inner pages directory submission because inner pages only consider in directory as featured links dear.
    and inner pages directory submission is increasing your SERPS also for particular anchor text.

master.seo12, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  20. LinksAndTraffic

LinksAndTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent advice.

Only a webmaster would think to link only to his homepage. Website visitors will link to whatever web page tells a story that seems important to the visitor.

LinksAndTraffic, Feb 20, 2009 IP