1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's Wrong with My Site? +REP for all reply

Discussion in 'Websites' started by committed2u, Feb 5, 2009.

my site bounce rate is pretty high, despite a huge serp rank jump.
    and sales are at rock bottom.

need your frank and honest reviews. tell me anything in your mind (be honest, be frank). I will add "REPS" to every reviews/replies, good or bad.

Tell me any anything, could be the design, the contents, loading speed, the navigation, the smell ;), whatever! :D

I'll be very grateful if you really check the inner page :)

www.DietPillsZone.com

Please enlighten me..

committed2u, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  2. blackpaw

blackpaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I checked and while green is not my color it still looks good and professional to me.

Although I did wonder about sales it took me a bit to figure out that I needed to click the "100% MB" logo to find the products you were selling. Maybe a link or 2 within or at the end of your reviews would help or linking a couple of keywords to your sales page.

The pages and site loaded quickly (I have a broadband connection with FF3) so for me that wasn't a problem and the reviews seemed informative I just had trouble realizing that I could buy these products from this site.

Hope this helps even a little bit
    blackpaw

blackpaw, Feb 5, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  3. blackpaw

blackpaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry on 2nd look I found the links.. maybe that's where the problem is they are too low way below the fold???

blackpaw, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  4. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    that's could be the problem! thanks for pointing it out.
    any other one have different opinion?

committed2u, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  5. ryandanielt

ryandanielt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice!

I think that the layout is very unique and nice, the colors are not to bright which makes the site very easy to look at. I think that this site will very much so server its purpose and you should get much attention from it.

Congrats!

ryandanielt, Feb 5, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  6. PYL

PYL Peon

Best Answers:
    hi committed2u!

1. background colors is great! Green mean calm, healthy. this is match with your site

2.header : picture is okay but it will be okay if you could make it in center. plus the font could be change into more attractive style. There is too much words on the header. Consider to keep the most important information and erase the rest. Header should not contains too much words.

3.BMI calculator: I love it!

4. It will be more beautiful if you add a store or a price list of the medicine or stuffs at the right side bar. people would love to know the price before they buy something.

4. Add a rating for a visitors whether they love the information or whether the information is value or not, This will help you to improve the quality of your site.

that's all my comment and suggestion. please no offense.

Thank you.

regards,

PYl

PYL, Feb 5, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  7. 2advance

2advance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The banner is very simple and looks like old design. Your site is aligned at the left side of my browser (FF 3). Try to change it.

2advance, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  8. The Shadow

The Shadow Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, first thing first didnt really liked ur desgin u should try sumthin more eye catchin .. and yea the graphic wrrk isnt too impressive so.. try to make sum new logos for ur site.. best of luck ..

The Shadow, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  9. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You missed "Related Posts" thing at the end of post.

Lastest and Popular posts at the footer is cool :)

nhc1987, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  10. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    @ryandanielt, @PYL, @2advance, @The Shadow, @nhc1987
    Thanks all for the honest critics I really appreciate it! Repped you all! :D
    Anyone else, pls give me more reviews! check the inside, help me perfected this little web ;)

my to do list:
    1. Centering the page
    2. Better header (yeah, i admit it, that header's created in less than 5 minutes :p)
    3. Consider adding price and user rating (thanks to PVL)

committed2u, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  11. PYL

PYL Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! That's great! I am happy to help you. Have a nice editing!

PYL, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  12. Lavinco

Lavinco Peon

Best Answers:
    The site design is fine. It only took me 3 seconds to see a major problem. Where is your "Call-to-action"? You have to easily guide and instruct visitors to what you want them to do. Never, and I mean Never ever, expect visitors to automatically know what to do.

I have looked at your site for over a minute now without reading too much info, and I have no clue what it is you want me to do to convert from a visitor to a customer. Where is the conversion form/button/link?

a bounce rate is calculated by how the visitor leaves the site. If they leave the site from the same page they entered on, the this equals a 100% bounce rate. Nothing to do, no where to go. Bye bye potential customer.

Marketing 101 stuff here my good friend. But don't be mad because it is very common for designers to leave out good call-to-actions on websites because many designers/developers do not understand Marketing as well. If you want visitors to convert, you are going to have to be suggestive on your site. Tell the to "Buy Now" or 'Learn More" or "Click Here" or Call 1-800-Your-Number". And I don't mean on just your home page. Guide them on every page until the convert. But also, don't have too many steps involved. 2-3 at the most. Example: Homepage = excerpt plus a "Learn More". Product Page = full description with a "Buy Now" option. Additionally, every single page on your site should support your main objective of the website. If you are selling something, then have the link to what you are selling on every single page.

Remember this; web design is a form of marketing something online. It is no different than going and buying your grocieries at your favorite store. Whould you appreciate it if you walked into a store for a gallon of milk and could not find it for 30 minutes? In fact, the "consumer habit" is to walk in and find it in the back of the store, grab a couple of impulse items along the way, and checkout. It is no accident that the milk is in the back of the store. Milk is what people plan to buy and know exactly where to find it. Stores put it in the back of the store so you are forced to see other items along the way. Cereal, cookies, etc. Pretty tricky huh? No, it's smart merchandising. Now put this into perspective on your website and give visitors what they are looking for by letting them find it where they expect to. Plus, if you're good enough, you'll get them to buy a couple of impulse items during their short journey through the aisles of your website.

Hope this helped,

Area Web Solutions

a P.S. Edit: add a more visible link to your homepage on all the pages. One should not have to find it in the footer to return. Placing a link in the header logo is common and expected when nothing else says "Home". Besides that, don't get your website too busy with graphics, colors and info. Focus more on a good call-to-action and only rely on graphics, colors, and info as guides to your main objective. Do that, and you'll be fine. :)

Lavinco, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  13. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    @lavinco
    Thanks a lot for your reviews! Great reviews! I wish I could give you 10 reps! :D
    Now the hard part is applying the "call to action" thing :D but I'll do my best!
    Still expecting more reviews :)

committed2u, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  14. croftdog

croftdog Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it looks good, cant see why it wouldnt be successful, you header isnt alligned properly though which lets it down slightly

croftdog, Feb 7, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  15. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks croftdog, everybody complaining about the left alignment, it does look bad in wide screen :p

16. plb_team

plb_team Member

Best Answers:
    frankly, the site look great but my personal opinion would be, centre the align and fill the space with something. there is few space left over. but i really like the colour works and the contents.

plb_team, Feb 7, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  17. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the nice review :)
    again, another vote for center alignment :p

18. mastaz314

mastaz314 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Desing 7/10
    Contents 4/10 (small content)
    Loading Speed 10/10

Right side is empty and it is bad. A little fill site, put the banner ...

Smell good, like pizza....:) All in all, the site is good.

mastaz314, Feb 7, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  19. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks maztaz, will work with the right side. i guess it's still related with my left alignment issue :eek:

20. Redhat77

Redhat77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not have the time to read other opinions on that thread so if i repeat someone else's review, please accept my apologize.

I assume that the high bounce rate is from the homepage so i will concentrate on it.

The first sentence that you put, in bold and bigger font is "This is the best diet pills on the market!". You write it in order to explain later that this is NOT WHAT YOUR SITE OFFER. The problem is that it is a bit too late for your readers - they are not there anymore to read the rest of the text.

Try it out and see if your bounce rate get any better.

Then, when people shop for pills they are looking for reliable information, not "salesman texts". You site seems to provide the salesman text. Try to re-write it, this time with more facts and less promises.

As for the "stars" ranking, i am sure there can be a category or two that are not 5 stars :)

Redhat77, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.