1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penalized. Shall I move to a subdomain?

Discussion in 'Google' started by maxerg, Feb 2, 2009.

My site filmalem has been penalized from the serps. Pagerank or indexing is not affected and a search for 'filmalem' is still #1 but all the other rankings are gone.

Now what happens if I move the site to video.filmalem.com subdomain with a 301 redirect? Will it transfer the old PR and backlinks to the subdomain?

maxerg, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  2. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will transfer the penalty as well with a 301 redirect.

fluid, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  3. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you tried to know why it is penalized?

bobchrist, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  4. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its better to correct the problem then go for another domain or sub-domain.

Abhik, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  5. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    Then I can sabotage someone else with my penalized site??

I don't know the reason, it's all white hat. I wasn't even building links other then this forum signature. But I think it was sabotaged to have duplicate content. They were linking to urls like 'some-post/trackback/' to create duplicate content on my site. But I fixed all these things.

I don't know. I don't want to wait more than one week. I's already been two weeks. I'll either move the site or disallow googlebot's access.

Why doesn't Google tell us why they penalized our site? This is stupid. Try to find out things yourself and then wait for 6 months for a reinclusion..
    This is really getting stupid.

maxerg, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  6. SpotOn SEO Services

SpotOn SEO Services Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It could be a temporary deal. If you are sure nothing wrong was done you maybe should wait a bit longer.

SpotOn SEO Services, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  7. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    You couldn't. Google is smart enough to find out about such attacks. But don't take my word for it, try to do your redirect and see for yourself.

fluid, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  8. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found something interesting. When I search for "music videos with lyrics" (with the quotes) my site is in the first page but without the quotes nowhere in the results.

Is this a kind of over optimization filter? I had that anchor text in my forum sig. Do you think I should send a reinclusion request or will it remove the filter automatically?

EDIT: Ok, I think I figured out what's going on here. Over optimization.

maxerg, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  9. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. There is only 1 penalty and it is a complete ban from results.

2. Everything else is a filter applied.

3. If you rank for the term in quotes and not without quotes... then your site is not found to be worthy of inclusion among the top 10 sites.

4. What you want is of little matter when dealing with a 3rd party company that will run things to benefit themselves.....you might not want to wait a week or two but Google could care less about your wants....

5. Google does not tell webmasters about any filters applied, because to do so would allow webmasters to reverse engineer and try to manipulate SERP rankings.

6. Relying on a search engines whim for the success of your business is akin to playing Russian Roulette with a 45 semiautomatic handgun that has a bullet in the chamber.....:eek:

Sem-Advance, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  10. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, now I know it's a filter. But it's not that my site is considered unworthy, cause I had all the rankings two weeks ago (top 20).

Anyway, thanks, now I think I've figured out how that filter works. (and that's really strange)

maxerg, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I was not trying to single out your site as unworthy......some times my posts come across wrong....so please dont take exception....I mean to speak to the masses when I post....

however if you were in the top 20... then there is no reason you cannot return.... and do even better..... you just have to perfect all of the SEO steps you can and if that is not enough..... then you may need a professional who lives eats and breathes SEO...

:)

Sem-Advance, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  12. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok my rankings are back and I want to confirm that there's a kind of over optimization filter and it's applied to your site if you are exhaustingly targeting a phrase in both your on-page and off-page SEO.

The good news is it can be lifted without the need for a reinclusion request, by just changing your on-page structure and the anchor texts of your inbound links.

So, can inbound links hurt you? The answer is yes, if you don't do it cleverly with varying anchor texts. My 170+ posts with the same forum sig triggered the filter. So you better think about it if you have a high number of posts with the same forum sig and wonder why you were 'penalized'.

maxerg, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Of course there is an Over Optimization Filter....there has been one for a couple years....

Next, there is no reinclusion request for anything other than a ban. Lowered results means you are still included, just at a lower position than you like.

So you are still included in the index, which makes it impossible to be re-included. ;)

Further Google only counts one link as having value, from any site... so multiple posts with the same sig file will have no adverse effect - nor no positive effect.

Don't know where your coming up with your information... but at best its less than accurate.....

Sem-Advance, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  14. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about lowered rankings, but rankings that are totally gone, excluded, and which don't show up even in the top 1000, although having the first positions before the filter.

I'm not coming up from anywhere with my information but my own experience. I was able to lift the filter in 2 days by changing my forum sig. If google had been counting them as a single link, this couldn't have happened. You can't lift a filter by changing one single link.

So I tend to believe my own experience if you don't mind... lol

maxerg, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    so sorry but that is not why your rankings returned lol

Google does not react to link changes that quickly lol lol

oh my god where do you guys come from lol Google scores links once a quarter.... not daily....

I'll bet you $100.00 you can put your sig file back and it will not effect your rankings....
    ;)

Seriously all you have proven is what is known as a huge coincidence

:)

16. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok you know what you know, and I know what I know. 1) Google well reacts to the link changes when dealing with spam filters and 2) doesn't count it as a single link at least when dealing with spam filters.

maxerg, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    LOL if that were true you could buy a link from a PR 7 site and rank even better in a couple days for most any keyword.

End of story you are clueless on links and how they are scored and how Google scores the links from a site.

If multiple links were counted then all one would need to do to rank well is build a few sites and link to a main site.....

Since Google is much more intelligent than this they are assuredly only counting one link per site.

Should you wish to see this fact sign up for Google Webmaster Tools and see if you can find the same site linking to your site multiple times....

And again $100.00 says adding your sig file back won't effect your rankings....

I put my money where my mouth (fingers in this case) is...

Can you pony up or are you going to just stick with "I know everything"???
    :rolleyes:

18. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    Loooool, you hear what your mouth says? I have HUNDREDS of digitalpoint links pointing to my domain in webmasters tools. Want a screenshot?

I thought you were a SEO expert but you know nothing about it (or perhaps trying to hide the truth). It's you who claim to know everything. I'm just a guy sharing my experience.

maxerg, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  19. SunnyPuppet

SunnyPuppet Peon

Best Answers:
    why not just go with your own domain? They're really cheap nowadays.

SunnyPuppet, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  20. deadlychaos25

deadlychaos25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes It will transfer all link juice with PR, but you need to wait for somedays to get this updated (about couple of months).
    Also I don't think doing this on new sub domain is a good idea. As you do this with subdomain your site will rank same or some what low in serp's position from current positions. Instead, remove all stuff which is violating Google's tos and let them know about it. Also start getting some quality links side by side. It will take months to rank but this will work. Just my 2 cents! :)

deadlychaos25, Feb 6, 2009 IP