1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I generated 156 Unique Hits when I was getting 3-10 Unique Hits before!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by michaelpowers, Feb 1, 2009.

1. super-jr

super-jr Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of it before either. Will have to check it out.

super-jr, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  2. l3vi

l3vi Peon

Best Answers:
    l3vi, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  3. dpsubi1

dpsubi1 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience, stumbleupon traffic is useless ... they do not convert ... you will get some good traffic for few days then nothing ... Also almost 90% stumble users will visit your site for few seconds then will leave. it is not targetted on most of the cases. They just eat our bandwidth. LoL

Spend your valuable time to get traffic from Google and other Search Engines ..

dpsubi1, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  4. ObliviousOne

ObliviousOne Banned

Best Answers:
    Stumbleupon is definitely a very powerful tool, especially if used correctly.

ObliviousOne, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  5. jackio

jackio Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, already know these two but keep up :)

jackio, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  6. Investor411

Investor411 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice little note...I had never heard of google trends before....time to go look a bit I think.

Investor411, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  7. wallaroo

wallaroo Peon

Best Answers:
    google trends is awesome - especially if you are able to move quickly, you can do very well. Prob quickest way to profit with GT is to create a squidoo lens and blogger.com blog - they rank really quickly.

wallaroo, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  8. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks 4 google trends.

believer1984, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  9. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed! It is pretty awesome!

If you have a blog with Wordpress and setup your blog properly with the plugins for Google sitemaps / etc you can get indexed very fast. I get my blog posts indexed within an hour or less. This technique will not work for you unless your pages index fast :)

Yup definitely check it out! Its worth the effort.

michaelpowers, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  10. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup take a look and see how it works. If you pick the write topic to write about that has good keywords and it relates to the content on your blog/website you will get some great traffic!

michaelpowers, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  11. walrus

walrus Peon

Best Answers:
    ooo i like this trends idea, thanks

walrus, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  12. AllMyForums

AllMyForums Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm new here, sorry if this has been answered but what is google trends?

AllMyForums, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  13. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple yet very effective techniques I'm sure, +Rep added :D. Having said that, StumbleUpon traffic does not tend to be very good quality traffic, and I have not tried targeting Google Trends keywords as of yet.

teapoint, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  14. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Well what you want to do is go to google and search for Google Trends. Basically what it shows you is the latest to the hour trend of what people are searching for on Google in the United States. The reason why this is helpful is because you can write about those topics and pick up some of the traffic. What you need however is a website that indexes quickly with Google because these trends sometimes don't last very long. So for one topic I wrote about ways to fix a particular virus because everyone was searching for fixes. So I did that and got my page indexed quickly and then I got traffic from the search for about a month.

Thanks for the Rep! I agree StumbleUpon traffic isn't the best kind of traffic but it still helps give exposure to your blog. You should definitely try targetting Google Trends keywords. You sometimes need to give it a few tries before you write about the right topic that doesn't have a ton of competition and you will get decent traffic.

15. ejmeier

ejmeier Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to try the whole stumbleupon thing and get my site "stumbled" so to speak, but I was checking Analytics this morning and it turns out my site had already been "stumbled" and was already generating traffic!:D Who knew?

It looks like the Trends thing is something that you'd have to watch very closely and time just right. I mean, it looks like a lot of those traffic peaks only last a few hours. If you take too long writing your post, you could miss it entirely.;)

Also, has anyone tried using Yahoo Buzz?
    http://buzzlog.buzz.yahoo.com/overall/

Its hard to tell if the keywords there would be harder to get a higher rank for, or if it's just a broad category of keywords that are being listed, and not specific ones. (IRS seems to be a hot one right now...)

ejmeier, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  16. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    You are completely right about the trends. You have to jump on them right away and write you post fast! When I pick topics to write about I try to find ones that might last more then a few hours. Some topics can be searched for a few days. Something like US politics usually gets hits for awhile. So look for that type of thing and you should do alright.

17. ejmeier

ejmeier Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, trying out this Google Trends thing, and I updated my blog, but the new page hasn't indexed in the first hour and 10 minutes from my initial posting.

BUT, the main page, (which also has the text of the post I just made), has been updated. But it doesn't score very high because the keywords aren't in the title, they're in the body of the page. Do you guys actually get your new post indexed that quickly as a new page, or is it that your blog's homepage gets updated and re-indexed within the hour.

ejmeier, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  18. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    Google trends sounds like a winner, i will look into this further. Nice tips.

jasonb25, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  19. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    I get my blog posts indexed within 10 mins of posting. With time you will to.

jasonb25, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  20. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, Thank you very much for the google trends advice. I will try this ;) It's really appreciated

alber859, Feb 5, 2009 IP