1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Short CB sales page - Do they exist?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by learningvista, Feb 5, 2009.

I was tickled when I read this: http://www.clickhereyouidiot.com/

Then I thought, are there any CB product sales page that has got good, SHORT copy that breaks the norm of other sales pages? Just want to know if you guys came across any. I'm not going to be a publisher anytime soon, but it's good to know. Plus am also wondering if a short sales letter will convert more :)

learningvista, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  2. T.J.

T.J. Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... That looks like a direct violation of the TOS for adsense however, it seems as though that is the only thing they care about (adsense). Does'nt Seem as though there even trying to make sales. But to answer your question the one in my sig does...

T.J., Feb 5, 2009 IP
  3. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bl4ckmaN^, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm planning on trying a really short salesletter for my diet product soon. I'm working on a new one from scratch right now. We'll see how it goes.

Zibblu, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  5. T.J.

T.J. Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that short sales pages are probably best because nowadays readers tend to scan as opposed to read in general. However longer landing pages in some cases can be quit convincing (if the visitor chooses to read the whole thing). Even more so than short pages.

T.J., Feb 5, 2009 IP
  6. MammaRose

MammaRose Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that the length of the page depends on the product. Most of the download products are short pages and they work great. The buyers don't need convincing that they want the product, they just want to know what they are getting.

However, it seems like most of the fitness, diet or health are all long.

Just my opinion

MammaRose, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  7. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats the thing about long. Whilst you can convert better people who actually read them, you can also make more mistakes that might turn them off if you accidentally phrase something slightly wrong.

rolf, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  8. wicked9690

wicked9690 Peon

Best Answers:
    My free car solution site has short sales page which works better for the niche and converts fairly well. You see a lot of the download movies/tv shows/anime etc sites have fairly short sales pages also.

wicked9690, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  9. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    People buy based on emotion. The number one buying emotion is fear. Fear of losing out on a great deal is a biggie. That is why time sensitive discounts work whether it is an online product or walmart.

Some products need less emotion (like download sites) and get by on shorter pages. Other products require a great deal of emotion (like Make money sites) and therefore need longer sales pages to push all the buttons. (greed being the biggest with fear a close second).

Most products fall somewhere in the middle. They have a receptive audience with a need and just need to evoke the right emotions. The key is not going to far (sounds scammy) and not coming up short.

T.J. was correct in that a lot of readers scan the page. That is when headers, call out text and other format breaks are important. Scanners land on these spots. It is your only chance at making a sale on many readers.

domainiac, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  10. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    I think all 4 types of sales sites work well:

1) long, one-pagers
    2) short, one-pagers
    3) step-by-step (like Fatloss4Idiots)
    4) info sites (lots of pages in no particular order, with a menu)

There are examples of them all being successful in ClickBank. I guess it just depends on the niche and the market.

Domaniac makes a good point though - as long as the copy is good and well laid out, it's not what the site looks like that makes people buy. The layout/site style is all about catching their attention quickly and forcing them to read.

TigerPublishing, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  11. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol check the sales letter. he claims to get a cheque for exactly $1,000,000 lol! this is funny..

roy77, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  12. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude i like your site, very professional looking. did you design it yourself?

rolf, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  13. drosera1

drosera1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I split-tested my sales page and found that the shorter version converted far better. As mentioned previously, for download products a shorter sales page works great as people know what they want. But that also means that the affiliate needs to do a better pre-sell to warm the customer up.

drosera1, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  14. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had different views on this issue, Software product sites can convert extremely well because they can display features and demo download option which really convince prospect either to buy this product or not. But as far ebooks are concern Sales copy must motivate use to buy.. for that it must engage customer with eye opening truths and it will only happen with sufficient high quality content...

Robert25, Feb 5, 2009 IP