1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payment gate way and transaction process

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by seojig, Feb 5, 2009.

Hi,

I found this section suitable to my query, but still if this is wrong section than sorry to post here.

I am looking for some help in setting up an e-commerce feature in the
    following model:

1. The end user would be choosing a product and paying us for that via
    various payment options such as Credit cards, Debit cards, Bank
    transfers, Pay pal etc.

2. Of the amount paid, we should receive a fraction of the amount and
    the rest should go to the client guy who has put the products for sale
    with us.

How to do this such that (1) the transaction charges are minimum (2)
    such the transactions are done in real time globally. (3) Payments via
    USD and INR should be accepted.

I checked out Paypal, Google checkout, CC avenue and Digital River's
    e5 solutions. But they werent satisfying all the requirements. If the
    transaction charges are less, then only credit card payments are
    accepted and not debit cards. CCavenue gives all payment options but
    the set up and transaction charges are quite high.

Could someone with experience in e-commerce help !

Thanks.

seojig, Feb 5, 2009 IP
    jg_abad likes this.
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There's no way that I know of to do this. This would require you to accept payment on behalf of the seller, which is called aggregating. There are aggregating services available but they are extremely expensive ~6%+.

The way I've seen something like this done, is to have your customers fund an account with you and you get paid based on what products are sold. You could also keep a net credit or keep a credit card on file to pay for fees. They would have to pre-pay a determined amount, or the credit idea, and you take out of the balance until they need to add more.

jestep, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  3. outdoorseygeek

outdoorseygeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of you getting a cut at the time of the sale you could have the shopping cart software you decide on generate reports of all sales, then you bill the client on a set schedule. This would require that your client have a gateway that supports Credit cards, Debit cards, Bank Transfers, and Pay pal then he could have a credit card on file with you that is automatically billed on a predetermined basis.

The disadvantage is that the client would pay a discount rate when the transaction is sold, then you would pay another discount fee when you charge the client's card. Maybe you could reduce the second discount fee by taking the payment via Electronic ACH, usually there are lower fees on those transaction types.

Probably the only way to not charge higher fees at all would be for you to send an invoice to your client monthly or weekly then have your client send you a check. From the sounds of it that wouldn't be preferable.

outdoorseygeek, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  4. PerfectMoney

PerfectMoney Banned

Best Answers:
    What about Plimus payment service ,has you try that out before.with this payment you can get all what you need for free.that is as long as I know that from my quick search to there website,hope that help you out

PerfectMoney, Mar 1, 2009 IP