1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What passages, christians?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Feb 5, 2009.

Question to christians;
    What passages do you use to justify your homophobia and opposition to gay marriage and from what version of the bible (KJ, new American, etc) do you find it?

And why was something as important as homosexuality (if your vitriol is anything to go by) not forbidden in the ten commandments yet something as harmless as working on the sabbath (i don't remember any of you calling for it to be made illegal) put in?

Could it be because you pick and chose which bits are important and unquestionable not based on the importance the bible gives them but on whether they support your preconceived opinions, and then simply use the bible to justify what would, in any other case, be a bigoted view?

stOx, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  2. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure there are no more Christians here to poll in P&R, thanks to you sir!

:D

(P.S. This should probably be directed to Mormons.)

aletheides, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol if i was going to ask mormons anything it would be how they feel about their religion (up until 50 years ago, when they suddenly had a revelation that convniently coincided with a change in the law) believing that the only way a black person can get into heaven is as a slave.

stOx, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  4. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    1 Corinthians 6:9-10 is the main one used, but the translation is debatable again. There are a few other that aren't so direct, but only that one says that those specific people (not sure if it's gay or gay prostitutes or any kind of "alternative" sexual acts, won't receive "The Kingdom of Heaven".

But anyway, we should all know by now that in the bible when it talks about "The Kingdom of Heaven", it means happiness and health on earth, not the afterlife.

So this is just sort of an obvious statement to us, but back then maybe they didn't realize about health issues so much.

If I sound homophobic, I apologize - it's anyone's own choice whether they want to be miserable or happy. Personally, I do a lot of things that make me miserable, like getting angry, and it's a sin so I pay for it because nobody enjoys being angry.

Starting to get it? It's not supposed to be a judgment, more like a doctor giving a stern warning about your health.

So... live it up, just try not to complain too much when the odds catch up with you. But then that's where Christ's sacrifice comes in and He has the power to heal you and make you happy again if you repent. (BTW, I found out that the real meaning of repentance in the bible is to stop doing something, NOT just asking for forgiveness and keeping on doing it.)

Now here's the kicker... it's not that dangerous to be a homosexual anymore in certain cases, so there are way more important things to be worried about people doing - like having abortions, which isn't a victimless crime.

You know stox, I'm getting sort of a Christianphobic vibe from you. Maybe you need to look into that. If you met me in person you probably wouldn't recognize me as one of those evil christians, but there are millions of people like me and only a handful of true homophobic, judgemental assholes, and they'd be that way Christian or not. You just don't hear about the quiet people.

SolutionX, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  5. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm christian and I don't feel homophobic and I don't hate anyone. Please, get easy on your bigotry once in a while.
    If you don't believe in anything that's fine with me but stop hating and judgeing me because I believe in something.
    Your posts about all religions are actullay best picture of you: nothing but hate. You are 100% proof that religions of all kind are not root of hate. You don't need religion to hate anyone. Just take a look at mirror.

iggysick, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    so you don't think homosexuality is an abomination and your bible is wrong?

It's not that you believe differently that i have a problem with, it's what you believe and what that belief justifies.

stOx, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  7. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    lol and someone like you talking about posting contradictory garbage! :D
    Do you ever read what YOU post? :rolleyes:

iggysick, May 6, 2009 IP
  8. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey stOx, you in favor of legalizing polygamist marriage?

Obamanation, May 6, 2009 IP
  9. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    The way I read that is if you masturbate you are condemned, which would mean heaven is pretty empty.

Roman, May 6, 2009 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely i am. I am in favour of legalising ANYTHING that consenting adults want to do together that doesn't effect anyone else.

stOx, May 7, 2009 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    How about mixed sex polygamist arrangements (2 men and 4 women, or 5 women and 8 men, or 6 men, or 6 women)?

Obamanation, May 7, 2009 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll say it again. I am in favour of legalising ANYTHING that consenting adults want to do together that doesn't effect anyone else.

stOx, May 7, 2009 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    How would you work the legalities regarding divorce, alimony, insurance, benificiaries, taxes, adoption, child support, child custody in case of divorce? How about tax benefits based on number of beneficiaries, especially in the case where only one member of the polygamist group claimed to work? How would you pay for all the new legislation and laws to support the impact of widening the definition of marriage to include these types of arrangements?

Obamanation, May 7, 2009 IP
  14. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how the legalities would work and i'm sure it would be too complicated to go through it all on an internet forum. But the inconvenience, cost or complexity is not a reason to deny people rights.

stOx, May 7, 2009 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I only asked to see if you had thought it through. Clearly you had not... as usual.

Oh on this, I firmly agree with you. If anything, we need to go back and make a lot of changes to the constitution and bill of rights. There simply aren't enough people out there that realize marriage is a right, along with the right to a comfortable life style, the right to a job, and the right to health care. These things need to be added to the constitution. Furthermore, the right to own a gun should be removed, along with all references to "God".

Obamanation, May 8, 2009 IP
  16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't think people have a right to do whatever they want so long as it doesn't effect anyone else? If not, why not? Let's have some actual points made by you instead of your usual subterfuge.
    Funny, they said the same thing about black people marrying white people not so long ago... if you are confused, this is the bit where you back-peddle.

stOx, May 8, 2009 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Stox, I wanted to read your blog entry about VenomFangX but it just takes me back here? I used to watch his videos (about a year ago) man ... he killed me. What a lunatic.

Zibblu, May 8, 2009 IP
  18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yeah the latest blog post thing on here doesn't like blogger feeds. The link in my sig will take you there.

stOx, May 8, 2009 IP
  19. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the Old Testament:

Here is the wiki for new testament argument:

It is the wisdom of God, something we shouldn't argue about or question.

Peace,

Barti1987, May 8, 2009 IP
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I take it you also want to outlaw the consumption of shellfish, mixed fabric clothing and have weekly executions of disobedient children too then? That's in the same book.

stOx, May 8, 2009 IP