1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Keyword Density + Ranking

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by raven2424, Jun 28, 2006.

Well after many months almost a year I have looked at one of my older sites its a pet related website and is starting to get my attention. It ranks in yahoo and gets some traffic from all search engines.

Now I plan to do SEO on it so it ranks well in Yahoo for ranking in yahoo i hear talks about keyword density and am wondering what the real % should be between.

Here is what I am thinking when it comes to Yahoo only since that is my goal.

- each page have a unique name dog-supplies.htm
    - have a unique title and description in the meta for each page
    - have a proper keyword density
    - obtain one way links to you site from other related and ranking sites for example dogsupplies .com links to your dog-supplies.htm page with anchor dog supplies

So far this is what I have come up with as a read the yahoo seo section I am hoping to get some great feedback and advice on what to do. :)

raven2424, Jun 28, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  2. gixxer

gixxer Guest

Best Answers:
    If you research the top competitve serps you will notice sites with around a 10% keyword density for a particualr query ranking well.
    But remember thats just Yahoo so other search engines may vary.
    It's also said that for Google, natural language nets the best Keyword density.
    You also want to vary your backlinks so they seem natural unless your site has massive trust rank.

gixxer, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  3. Gniuz

Gniuz Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read somewhere that 3% keywords density is the most optimum.

Gniuz, Jul 8, 2006 IP
  4. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen keyword density all over the place. Some sites have very low and some very high. I think it is more about placement than density. Place keywords in Title, Meta Description, H1, H2, H3 and in the body content of your page.

Web Gazelle, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  5. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For short them yes... but remeber that search engines are changing algo very fast... they tend for less spam and better results...

So i sugest you only have 1-3% keywords density and lot's of incoming links insted...

redhits, Jul 15, 2006 IP