1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New SPAM sites...billions of results!!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nintendo, Jun 17, 2006.

1. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:

<flame on>
    WTF ARE YOU DOING REPLYING TO THIS THREAD????? GO TO BED DAMMIT!!!!
    <flame off>

Feel better? :)

And just so you know, if the issue were dead, or we had an official reply from Google on it by now, it would have died out alot quicker.

-Michael

mvandemar, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    er no...about $16.00, for about 12,000 pageviews!!! Just enough to retire and take a vacation!!!!! :D:D:D

Nintendo, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  3. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    didnt bother to read the last.. 41 pages of posts so yeah.. but could you put up your own ad instead of using adsense or something? then perhaps you could target the market a little better then using google ads, or yahoo.

klown, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  4. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread has never had anything to do with Adsense. What this guy did was pretty amazing considering the Internet of today and Google. Nintendo, exposed this first here and then the story got added attention when "digg" got a hold of it. In years to come when people want to see what happened in this situation, more than likely this long thread is where they will turn and most people won't give a "hoot" about whether Adsense was on this guys pages on not.

markhutch, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I hear the Google Mafia and the BlackHat Webmasters Association has money on Nintendo, and it isn't for him to win a race! :eek: :mad:

anthonycea, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  6. duclelo

duclelo Peon

Best Answers:
    really cool story...... wish i could see my site on the top of google.

duclelo, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  7. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    I actually found out about this at

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31138

and then posted about this on about five or six boards and this thread was the only place the topic exploded. Every where else, seven billion pages of SPAM was close to being just...*yawn*.

Nintendo, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  8. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    I stand or should I say, "sit" corrected? :) You did do some hard work making sure this story was told. Great job!

Mark

markhutch, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  9. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out this site: site:qjyinc.com
    Guess they are original enough for Googles new algo..... they don't have a lot of pages (yet?) but if this is what Google like then we're all screwed.
    BTW, if you go their site it is just redirecting to another "search site" with Google ads on it! Is this NEVER going to end????:eek:

MikeSwede, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  10. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    aka, for those of you in Rio Linda, that means Google's done nothing!!! aka, when Google said

http://www.threadwatch.org/node/6999

it was just them speaking out of there *beep*.

Nintendo, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  11. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just waiting for them to finish banning all of these sites, and then officially claim it's fixed. :p

-Michael

mvandemar, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  12. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah ... but while adsense may or may not pay him ... i bet the advertisers aren't going to get any refunds.

skattabrain, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  13. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    site:retroradar.com 409,000 pages and highly ranked too
    seems like they went into spamming and AdSense with their subdomains

14. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's a different type than the others though. That one has been around for a couple of years. They're not doing the whole subdomain spam thing like the other sites. I mean yes, they do have some subdomains, and yes, they are a little spammy... it's just not the dynamic subdomain exploit. There's an actual site in with that one. :)

Here's a good example... 12 days old, 53,000 pages. Figure 2-3 days for Google to even find the site, at least, and what's in the serps is 2-3 days old... they had 53,000 pages spidered and indexed in 6-8 days.

Ok, here's a baby one. Only 4 days old and 479 results so far, be neat to see what it's at over the next couple of days.

-Michael

mvandemar, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  15. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    to try to get some extra $$$$.... There are sites out there, we all know that now, that are a lot worse that these guys!
    If I do a site:.info then there are 173,000,000 pages in Google. Some of them are maybe/probably legit but then, if you do a allinurl:.info cheap you get 273,000 pages.
    If you look at the result of that query then you all kinds of strange domain names, with spammy looking content and a lot of them are just redirected somewhere else. Boy are Google good at finding things?
    Not sure about supaads.info but it doesn't show up for the domain name but still has 17,600 pages of garbage.
    A lot of sites look the same but have different url's and they seem to be served by topsearch10.com
    I guess we can sit all day and find things like this but I think that Google takes whatever other frustrated people find, they analyze the sites that's being reported to see what they can find, after that they change the code around a little bit, releases it and see if we stop being cry babies or not.

16. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a question - Why doesn't google just do what you guys are doing? Several people on this board seem to be quite adept at finding spam. And I mean HUGE amounts of it. I assume these searchers are just sitting at a pc using the tools they have available. Which, no offense, can't be much. A pc, a monitor, and some elbow grease right?

Now compare the equipment these spam finders are using with the resources google has available??? Why can't google just pay their own people to do searches for spam, find it, anlalyze it, find the "footprints", and then incorporate it into their algo?

wibr, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  17. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    That is why! If nobody was complaining here and on other sites, why would they care? People use their Search Engine anyway and just keep on scrolling page after page until they find anything and Google probably hopes that people might click on an ad instead of their search result because they are fed up scrolling through hundreds of pages looking for something.

18. TorchedSEO

TorchedSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats what the spam report form is for, angry webmasters who get outranked by rssgm sites :D

TorchedSEO, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  19. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I am just waiting for this nonsense to be resolved at Google. It is probably not good for any of us if this crap perpectuates. Seems like that's what's happening :confused:. So we have the originator of this masterpeice busted. It looks, to me, like many others are trying the same concept. Until Google can build this into their algo it is a manual process.

Once we see some resemblance of stabilty we can then get a more realistic picture of where we stand. Currently if your site appears penalized it is difficult to conclude whether you're guilty or Google is mopping up messes.

Homer, Jul 2, 2006 IP
  20. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget that the originator was Google pr more specifically the Big daddy debacle.

The individual simply discovered and exploited the flaw. Google provided the gaping hole in the algorithm and he took advantage of it.

minstrel, Jul 2, 2006 IP