1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ArticleBar - dodgy article submission site.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MrBounce, Jun 28, 2006.

So I'm doing the usual article submission run, business as usual. I get to ArticleBar and put all my stuff in then hit preview and see something a bit off. Certain keywords/phrases have all been converted to affiliate links for some random guy. ie/ everytime SEO was mentioned in the text, it became the anchor text for an affiliate link for SEO Elite. Has anyone else seen this happen before?

MrBounce, Jun 28, 2006 IP
    CJan_NH likes this.
  2. CJan_NH

CJan_NH Peon

Best Answers:
    I can remember doing a recip once where our link on their page ended up redirecting to some other site, before it redirected again back to our site :eek:

Needless to say there was absolutely no SEO value in that mess, so I asked that our link be taken down. Ironically, it was their webmaster who came to me originally to ask for a recip.

Back during the dot com gold rush I was a media buyer for an upstart advertising agency who did a lot of e-mail blasts and banner placements. We ended up suing a company that owned an opt-in list for doing much the same thing. They changed all of the embedded links in our e-mail creative and made them re-direct to some other site. Apparently this was part of some CPC scheme designed to defraud advertisers using our e-mails :mad:

As you know you can't be too careful. It's amazing what some people will do to make a buck :rolleyes:

CJan_NH, Jun 28, 2006 IP