1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem With AdSense Showing Up

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by melbel, Feb 3, 2009.

On one of my sites Google AdSense is having problems showing for the main page:
    http://www.an-american-in-france.com
    The only thing that shows up is one public service ad out of all three ads (it's the ad at the top.)

However, when I go into specific post, all three ads show up fine. It's as if the ad crawler (or whatever it's called can't see content when I'm on the main page or something.
    Here's a sample page where all the ads show up:
    http://www.an-american-in-france.com/2009/01/wine-country-bordeaux.html

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Edit: I've also found that for some reason ads also do not show up for this post: http://www.an-american-in-france.com/2009/01/france-in-nude-nude-beaches-more.html

melbel, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  2. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you've done something to fix this already, but I just looked and I see three google ads (not public service).

Christopher, Feb 3, 2009 IP
    melbel likes this.
  3. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, that's weird though that the ads aren't showing up for me, but they are for you and another person.

Is google experimenting with a way to have users not see their own ads?

melbel, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  4. jesi

jesi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I checked and i m wondering that it is shown on all other posts but not on home page
    You should ask it to google FAQ/ forums

jesi, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  5. zeph1

zeph1 Peon

Best Answers:
    On the front page of your website normal ads appear most of the time for me and i think it's due to (possibly) a type of cycling by the adbot through keywords to display an ad. On your specific nude beaches post it's not shown because, i think, "nude" is a adsense trigger/stop word. That could also be why ads may not show up on your front page because it chooses nude as the keyword to display ads and that triggers PSAs. It's unfortunate that their adbot doesn't seem to understand context better. I'm not sure if there is much you can do to fix it.

zeph1, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  6. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, that's really helpful! Maybe what I can do is put some content elsewhere on the site such as an about so that when the nude beach post comes up that the ad bot will read the other text... or does the word nude stop adsense entirely and not just from that point in the post on? Would that be a reason why the ads don't show up all the time on the front page -- because of that post... it's still on the front page.

melbel, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  7. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Weird! I removed Chitika ads and the AdSense ads showed right up. I thought I was allowed to show both! Guess not!

melbel, Feb 4, 2009 IP