1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Taking legal action against AdToll - Your suggestions please

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Aatma, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have mentioned on the thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=10430866#post10430866
    that AdToll had promised me a refund of over $500 around middle of Dec. which they never followed through despite having sent numerous e-mails and opening of various support tickets.
    They stopped replying altogether in 1st week of Jan. and now I can not even login to my account as username/password is not working.
    I have tried to reset password but it just does not work.
    Obviously my account has been deactivated and I am being barred from using over $500 USD.
    I am initiating a legal action as they just don't respond to any support request any more.
    The following are the options which I am exercising:
    Reporting fraud to Financial institutions that were used to send them money
    Reporting to Paypal
    Reporting to their domain registrar and Web Hosting provider
    Sending a legal notice to their registred office.
    Can you please suggest what else can be done? I am prepared to spend big $ if I have to bring this to its logical conclusion.
    Please advise. Thanks.

Aatma, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The only option that is likely to do anything would be to hire an attorney to sue them. It's going to be very costly to bring the action to a trial ($10K or more) and will probably result in a net loss to you no matter what the outcome. You should read their TOS for new accounts to see if they have a prevailing party or arbitration clause for disputes.

mjewel, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  3. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any one else?

Aatma, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody is going to take legal action over $500 except in small claims court.

browntwn, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  5. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen legal action over $110
    The compensation the suing party got was worth $32000

Aatma, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Have fun with your lawsuit.

browntwn, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  7. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    other than reporting the matter to their webhost, who else can be contcated such as better business bureau, doamin name registrar etc.
    Pls advise.

Aatma, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  8. xSubZer0x

xSubZer0x Peon

Best Answers:
    scare them with a legal letter there not that expensive ;)

xSubZer0x, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  9. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I am already onto it, will be ready in a day or two

What else?

Aatma, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  10. Soho Web

Soho Web Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If what you say is true then, Post in every and any forum , blog and article you can think of and that should hurt them. get the word out. if they really have cheated you then they will want you to stop from hurting their rep online.

Soho Web, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  11. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. thanks.

Aatma, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  12. 69Firebird

69Firebird Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say take them to small claims court if you are US based. It may not be worth it to them to send legal representation to your jurisdiction for a small claims case and youcould be automatically awarded a judgement. You can also tack your legal costs and damages (if applicable) to the settlement cost.

69Firebird, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  13. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    I was about to say that 69Firebird (by the way, nice car :D )

I would advise that you add up all the time YOU have spent on it, and come up with a number that you think that time is worth to you, as you can also get damages for that. Make sure you have all legal fees added as well, as well as the $500. And to save you all the hassle, you may even be able to settle out of court. The "legal" notice (I'd say giving them a warning you are prepared to take them to court) would also be a good idea as you may be able to get the money without even having to file suit.

hostlonestar, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  14. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aatma I have already mentioned this to you but thought it was worth following up this thread.

I no longer own AdToll but on behalf of the new owners (whom I am in close contact with) I apologise for all the inconvenience for everything that has happened. They are aware of this issue.

Shortly AdToll will be going through some restructure changes which is designed to get the customer service side of things back up to par.

Once that announcement has been made please get in contact with me through this forum and I can help and if I cant will at least point you in the right direction to get your issue resolved.

ruby, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  15. .edu-linkbuilder

.edu-linkbuilder Banned

Best Answers:
    try to complain to FBI ........

.edu-linkbuilder, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  16. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    lol FBI will probably not take this up as it is slightly outside their jurisdiction....see Chapter 18, United States Code for all crimes the FBI has jurisdiction on.

hostlonestar, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  17. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aatman have PMed you regarding this - following up to resolve.

ruby, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what a usless post.

What the hell. Adtoll is sold. That pisses me off so much. When adtoll was just starting I tried to buy the damn thing or get a hold of the script. I talked and talked and all of this monkeying around I gave up with being able to run a system like this. So I have to throw all of my money on a lesser planned online business and now I sit here unemployed with a friggen lemon site.

And guess what? Here, Adtoll gets "AQUIRED" by some stupid idiot without even an auction to the public. The guy probably put in some huge offer and just took it like that. Stupid morons.
    Man, I'm pissed off. I might as well just give up with this snowball internet thing.

There ain't going to be any lawsuit for $500, and I hope you realize that they are doing this to anyone who reaches a high roll like your account, and just hoping that they won't complain. You complained so they will pay you back, but what about the next person.
    After using adtoll for about 4 months I know its a total fraud. They rip you for clicks, rip you for payments, etc.

I say instead of fighting it out with them you send few press releases and articles about it. I would be the first to digg it too (for doing that stupid silent auction crap on me).

Laceygirl, Feb 3, 2009 IP
    Chuckun likes this.
  19. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To follow on from GrAveTzT's comments.... why would AdToll ban someone to steal $500? That doesn't make sense.

To say it is total fraud is a little unfair without at least giving them the opportunity to resolve your issue, which I am here trying to sort out.... which I have helped Aatma out with.

On another note.... look out for an announcemnt by AdToll in the coming days, you'll get a pleasant surprise.

ruby, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  20. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think it is a good idea to pay more than 500 dollars to attorney for the case for 500$. Let God punish them. Dont waste your money.

falguni1, Feb 7, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.