1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cursed with PR0

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by atomicstorm, Feb 1, 2009.

For three years, the flagship site I have has always had a PR of Zero. I won't post the domain here out of respect for not spamming (I can post if enough people want to know). I have two sitemaps, 1 with 150 URLs and another with 43,000 from the forums and vbseo. Some domains like altavista has 26,000 indexed but ones like google index around 130.

My question is.. to get out of the PR0 rut, is the main answer to submit to a bunch of web directories? It can't be that easy is it?

atomicstorm, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  2. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is a matter of building quality back links. Forum signatures and web directories are one way to start. Follow up with finding related sites and placing links and do blog comment posting. You may have to purchase some blog posting to help with the PR.

It is rare to have a PR0 after three years. Most sites get at least a PR1 quite easily.

allout, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  3. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can obviously see my frustration as I would have thought PR1 would be easy. Probably at best, the link building is something that I need to do but I did not know if there was something hidden that google wouldn't tell me that is keeping it low.

4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    allout is right but in this case it seems to me the domain is penalized by Google for some reason.
    I can't imagine a 3 years old site with forum, etc. and no links for even PR1. That's weird.

zexy, Feb 1, 2009 IP
    atomicstorm likes this.
  5. atomicstorm

Best Answers:
    www.tripletriadextreme.com is the domain. Any thoughts?

Google only shows 1 backlink, but from what I understand they only show links from > PR4 sites.

6. SEOVICE

SEOVICE Peon

Best Answers:
    this does seem quite strange to have pr0 after 3 years. maybe you need to look at how you are promoting your site and what ways you are building backlinks this may help.

SEOVICE, Feb 1, 2009 IP
    atomicstorm likes this.
  7. atomicstorm

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth and adwords is the extent of link building. I thought about manually submitting to web directories as a starter. But I did not know if that is all there was to it. I am on the front page of all the keywords I am trying to promote but the PR has been flat.

8. atomicstorm

Best Answers:
    Actually just emailed google to see if there were any underlining penalties that I don't know about and in good faith, asked so that I can correct them.

We'll see how it goes.

atomicstorm, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  9. atomicstorm

Best Answers:
    I am rather frustrated. I haven't seen the link:www.tripletriadextreme.com or the external links to my site in my google webmaster account budge at all.

link:www.tripletriadextreme.com lists 1, links:www.tripletriadextreme.com shows 1420 and the google web master shows 342 (which hasn't budged in 2 weeks) -- which one of these actually matter for PR?

How often does this update? I have submitted to quite a few web directories lately.

atomicstorm, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  10. ss101

ss101 Member

Best Answers:
    You are not going to get PR until sites that have PR link to you, without a NO follow. I found a couple that link to you, but they were no follow.

ss101, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  11. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR doesn't pay the bills. Traffic does. If your site is not showing PR it means you have tripped a filter. Until you figure out what and why (I suspect you actually know) nothing is going to change in the eyes of Google.

internetmarketingiq, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  12. janicejan

janicejan Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine how it happened, your website has lots of areas like forums and other necessities but still ranked 0 for 3 years? maybe you need to enhance your seo method.

janicejan, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  13. atomicstorm

Best Answers:
    I focused on SEO over the last three weeks. However, if I tripped a filter, I have no idea what it is and no way of knowing. We've been sitting at the #3 spot for the keyword "triple triad" for some time. The goal is to top a site that has a PR of 1 which for backlink purposes, we have already beat.

atomicstorm, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  14. RealityTVFan

RealityTVFan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you, or have you ever sold links on your site?

Through pay to blog companies or Text-Link-Ads etc? It only takes one sold link if you are unlucky to have your site PR spanked by google for good.

RealityTVFan, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  15. atomicstorm

Best Answers:
    No because you can't really get much for PR of Zero.

I believe I was part of a back link farm or whatever you called it (I only had 3 backlinks on it) 3 years ago. With that being said, it was only up for a week and it was before google started spanking them. I took them down because it was funking up my site.

I have submitted to google for reconsideration if there is something wrong with the site. I stated I did not know if I was being penalized in any way but since things seemed odd, I wanted to reach out in good faith.

If it helps, I really didn't start a link building campaign that would be worthy of PR since last month but I had backlinks from download sites and CNET for quite a while.

16. lumpy

lumpy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you banned by Google ? Otherwise I can't explain this... Maybe your site is really bad because usually all the sites get a min PR 1 and yours has 3 years, lol. :|

lumpy, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  17. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    penalized for link exchange...mmm.

Maybe the easiest thing would just be to start over, and accept the 3 years as a cost. Or you could try begging google that you're 'a good boy now', and seeing if they will relent?

contentboss, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  18. atomicstorm

Best Answers:
    I am not banned. I show up at the top of most of the keywords I have targeted. At best, in the top 3. I realize the concept of page rank not being that important but would be helpful to understand what's going on. I will just have to wait for a response from google.

19. lumpy

lumpy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    E-mail Google and let them know about this problem. Is really weird. Usually, the top ranking sites have a good page rank, I can't understand this.

lumpy, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  20. ss101

ss101 Member

Best Answers:
    What is SO HARD to understand about my comment? Everyone asumes there is a problem, but you will not have PR without pages that link to you having DO FOLLOW PR. Simple as that folks

ss101, Feb 9, 2009 IP