1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for feedback on my first aStore

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by xtasy010, Jan 27, 2009.

Hi, would appreciate some feedback on my first aStore.

Lighting Store

xtasy010, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  2. newyears1978

newyears1978 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing to give feedback on really..it's just the base store layout...only thing to comment on would be the niche you selected?

Not sure what feedback you want?

newyears1978, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  3. sarirejo

sarirejo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    add header image, professional one.
    add background it look flat.

sarirejo, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  4. xtasy010

xtasy010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I have been trying to figure out how to access and edit the code but am unable to do so. Do I have to use one of the scripts which people are discussing on the other threads or is there any other way?

xtasy010, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  5. sciencegto

sciencegto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should design your astore like this E-GitarrenStore.

sciencegto, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  6. xtasy010

xtasy010 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you make those modifications? Is it only by changing the CSS?

xtasy010, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Nice simple design. Maybe a little too much white space, but overall my first reaction is, simple/uncluttered. In my own experience I have found that the simpler the store, the better the conversion.

Mia, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  8. Peterbndrs

Peterbndrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where will you people put these stores and how will you drive traffic? SEO is very difficult with these stores unless they added on some site.

Peterbndrs, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  9. sandhuharvey

sandhuharvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you change the site like that? Css?

sandhuharvey, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I put all my stores on their own domain with their own designs.

As for traffic I will say this for the 10,000th time

Paid advertising has worked for centuries.....

SEO does not necessarily drive "buying" traffic.

Consumer mindset for SEO is information research -

Consumer mindset for people who click the Adwords Ads is to make a purchase......

Knowing this makes all the difference in your success.....

:D

Sem-Advance, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  11. AffiliateRefresh

AffiliateRefresh Member

Best Answers:
    Sem-Advance what kind of products , and what price range should be promoted in order to afford the spend on adwords. When Amazon pays 4% , a 200$ product will bring a measly 7$ in comissions. Researching some cheap keywords for example related to gaming console niche , 7$ will not be enough to cover 7% of the traffic needed for the sale.

What are your thoughs about this ?

AffiliateRefresh, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  12. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think you need to look at things from a different angle. In business the main number used is profit margin.

The formula is Total Profit divided by Sales/

For example you would make $7.00 as commission so what you need or want to do is make sure that you spend under $7.00 to make a profit.

I think to fight the big boys in the search network would be costly, where you would probably do well is in the content network.

Typically you will need to bid high initially and ensure a very high quality score. To do this start very small..a few keywords in one Adgroup, and well optimized landing pages that match your terms as much as possible.

Once you are set up and running and pulling in traffic you can then start decreasing your bids by 10% you could do this one or twice per day each day till you get down to 0.10 per clicks or less.

If you can absorb the initial spend and get down to the lowest CPC you could expect to see 30 to 50 clicks and should be able to convert to sale with that many clicks.

If you get a conversion with 30 clicks at 0.10 you will spend $3.00 to make $7.00 which gives you a 58% profit margin which is damn good.....

If you convert with 50 clicks at 0.10 you will spend $5.00 to make $7.00 which leaves you a 29% profit margin.

Once you have this running and making some cash you can then go in and expand your campaign to include multiple ad groups and keywords.

So as you can see everything comes down to earning profit on your spend.

SEO is a nice idea and for some a great way to make money but there are only a few positions on the front page that are available and that will drive traffic. Depending on the keywords you may or may not be able to compete with the big boys...If you can't get to the top 3... well you can't get there.

With paid ads... you can compete with the big boys, without spending big boy money...if you want to be # 1 you can bid to be there...

Studying PPC bidders allows you to see which ads and landing pages are working, if you study your competitors long enough you will find them testing and tweaking things for you free of charge.

Spyfu offers some great insight into those Advertisers campaigns as well.

Hope it helps..:)

Sem-Advance, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  13. SEOVICE

SEOVICE Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have a good start. all you have to do is just add some personal touch to it and find a way to market your products.

SEOVICE, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually if you build them around a NICHE' and focus the content of the store with products only found in that niche', its not that hard. As for SEO, all you need is three keywords to focus on, and good manual placement in good directories and search engines.

The rest will come.

Mia, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  15. motoxxx

motoxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep! That has worked for me so far. Now as far as not worrying about SEO tactics? If you can get the traffic without paying for it, why wouldn't you?

motoxxx, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  16. talentshow

talentshow Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should change the theme to the product more. try to share theme.

talentshow, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  17. Dustin07

Dustin07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sem-Advance really pointed out the answer in a pretty clear post.

Bottom line is that an Amazon affiliate store is your opportunity to build a retail store without incurring the costs of holding inventory, a brick and mortar rent, employees, etc.

Take pride in your astore and build it into something worthwhile. You can make good money doing this. And since the final transaction is done through an obviously trusted source, you also save all the headaches of identity theft, merchant accounts, etc that regular retailers incur.

Dustin07, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  18. malkhaz

malkhaz Guest

Best Answers:
    Store is Ok, but marketing is the main thing, not store itself - I recommend to concentrate on marketing rather on design and themes at the first stage

malkhaz, Mar 22, 2009 IP