1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unrelated ads on my site.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by revoletion, Jan 31, 2009.

So lately I've noticed my CTR going down like a rock. I tend not to look at my ads so as to not screw over my stat tracking but this called for drastic measures. I checked my site and I found ads for CIVIL RIGHTS LAWYERS on a site about dating advice for 16-22 yo girls. No wonder I'm getting no click throughs. The ads aren't even close to relevant.

Is there any way to change this to make my ads more relevant. Maybe guide adsense to certain tags in the page?

Thanks in advance.

revoletion, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  2. Onera

Onera Peon

Best Answers:
    Use adsense section targeting if your page is full of images and it is difficult for the adsense bot to determine the theme of your site. When adsense bot canot determine the themen fo the site, it uses url, page title, meta tags etc. to determine the page theme and target ads accordingly.

You can specify a block using adsense section targeting and direct the adsense bot to the theme of your page. The markup for section targeting is

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->

Theme of your page.
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Onera, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  3. scorzaze

scorzaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Try H1 tags and more good content about your niche. It's work well fro me. Keywords are key also! If you can see the domain name on the banner of the lawyers ad, you can have them not show on site by going into your adsense account, go to the AdSense Setup Tab, then go to the sub link under the tab that says, Competitive Ad Filter. This is where you can block URL's you do not want. You just put the domain in and save. Hope this helps!:D

scorzaze, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  4. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Use basic tips for this. Use header tags, proper ad placements, blending, keyword monitoring and enough content.
    I suggest you re-add the ads, it's worked for me.

TheVccMatey, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  5. SpotOn SEO Services

SpotOn SEO Services Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    AdSense does it's best to serve relative ads but sometimes there are none to show. They then serve ads that are way off base.

SpotOn SEO Services, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  6. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    sometimes there are no advertisers for the keywords you are using so the ads are unrelated.

falguni1, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  7. retsek

retsek Peon

Best Answers:
    You running wordpress ? Add index.php to the end of your URL and see if the ads become relevant. If they do, i'll tell you what to do next.

retsek, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  8. Red Paul

Red Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    ... also they use "public service ads" unless you specify otherwise.

Red Paul, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  9. xtremenitro911

xtremenitro911 Banned

Best Answers:
    Adwords customers are using these unrelated keywords thats why there showing up. Only thing you can really do is block ads from that URL.

xtremenitro911, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  10. JulieV

JulieV Guest

Best Answers:
    Check the amount of content you have and the H1 tags and and if you don't have enough of content on the page then it can affect the showing on that particular page.

JulieV

JulieV, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  11. revoletion

revoletion Peon

Best Answers:
    I use serendipity as a blogging software. im good with php so after i figure stuff it out it wouldn't be a problem to get some of the things you guys are talking about in.

As for unrelated ads. Its a dating site. There are THOUSANDS of sites advertising for dating advice. I don't think they ran out of reliant sites.

i have 1000+ words of content per page (which is why im not posting any links due to the fact that i don't want people stealing my content) so that should not be a problem.

I'll try to do the adsence start here parser thing. H1 tags might be an issue.

blocking might work as well. ill try that. Thanks guys.

revoletion, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  12. YoungLegend

YoungLegend Peon

Best Answers:
    If you see ads you don't want on your site block them from displaying

YoungLegend, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  13. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    Do one thing that when you write article use google keyword tool and find some good keywords related to your posts . Use those keywords in your articles and you will find adds related to content .

atulperx, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  14. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well ads is displayed by Google Adsense (third party) then it depends on them, right? ;)

Adsense section targeting as @Orena suggested is one of the best method out there :)

nhc1987, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  15. skumar.forum

skumar.forum Peon

Best Answers:
    you should focus on your wepage's Meta Keywords, some times their irrelevancy cause so.

skumar.forum, Feb 1, 2009 IP