1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Is Clicking My Ads!?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Tara33, Jun 27, 2006.

Okay, here is a strange scenario. I have noticed the Googlebot crawling my web site for the last month. I identified/verified their IP addresses with and IP look-up. Yesterday, I see that "Google, Inc." did three searches, using my keywords, and subsequently clicked on my AdWords ads. Does Google do this to test the ads, or are they looking for a product on my web site? I am not sure if I was charged for the three clicks, but this is very strange...

I will contact the AdWords support team, of course, but I wanted to see if any of you had experienced this before.

Tara33, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  2. chengfu

chengfu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you really see them searching or just google bot entering via your adwords landigpage-urls? In this case you could be seeing the new landingpage-bot for adwords.

chengfu, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  3. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Two of my keywords were manually searched, and clicked - three times total. The links to those clicks were followed to a few other pages within my site. The last visit, however, shows my keyword being searched, clicked, and no other pages being visited. I could show the search logs, but I can't post URL's here. I have them if you care to look, and could PM them to you.

Tara33, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  4. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Tara,

you need some onsite analytics. Then you can verify Adwords with activity on the site.

I'd also recommend you have tracking code with your Adwords campaign.

dburdon, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  5. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Tara,

How do you reached this conclusion? could you please post your server log fragment that you made you thing this?

No

Micromag, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  6. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I have copied my server log info into a document, and uploaded to my web site. Go to www(dot)officefurnituretoyou(dot)com/GOOGLE-ACTIVITY(dot)doc to see them. I can't add live links, so I hope this is clear. Any info or ideas you may have about this is greatly appreciated, as I am perplexed...

Tara33, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  7. Micromag

Best Answers:
    From the information at your document:

Not quite sure - there is a long time that I don't analyze server logs but I see nothing abnormal:

someone from ip 64.233.173.85 (PRESTONCONNORS.COM <- click for ip details!), searched google for "cpu stands" keywords and:

didn't click in your ad but found your site on Organic Google results and clicked there.

The other ip listed in your document is the same case, but could not locate where are it from - but he/she also didn't clicked on your ad too

GuyFromChicago likes this.
  8. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    great find man....i am not sure as well...awaiting feedback from adwords support team.

seoindia, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  9. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    The IP addresses belong to Google, Inc. Do a look-up on showmyip(dot)com, and you'll see.

Furthermore, I am not found in organic results; that's why I use AdWords. Our site is not ranked, even on the most obscure terms we have optimized for, as the site is only two months old. We are not found ORGANICALLY for any of our competitive terms, such as "cpu stands" and "Printer Stands"; Googel only has 1/4 of our site indexed.

Tara33, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  10. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Micromag-

Copy and paste the first line of my log (the Google search URL), and you'll see that we are #1 to #3 for Sponsored Links, and are at least not within the first fifteen results pages - we are also not optimized for the term "cpu stand"; we are optimized for "cpu holders" - cpu stands is a broad search match from AdWords...

Tara33, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  11. Micromag

Best Answers:
    probably you're right!

Who is 64.233.173.85 from?

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=64.233.173.85

also tells that is someone from "Google Inc."

an tells that is from: Mountain View, California

That is the where is the main Google Headquarters:

The only rational reason I see is that is someone inside Google (not necessary from AdWords) looking for "Printer Stands"

12. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is what I need to find out. As I said in my original post, I am not even sure that I was charged for the clicks - I do find it odd that someone at Google, Inc. was looking not only for a printer stand, but also a cpu stand, from two IP addresses, on the same day. I am sure Google doesn't charge for ads they click...or do they?

dburdon is right. I need on-site analytics.

Tara33, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  13. Micromag

Best Answers:
    Maybe is a new product that an entire project team is running and will come alive in the next 2 years - who knows?

yes you're charged normally, why should not? The Adwords system is bring to your site a high standard company and why this would be free for you? Do you prefer a Google Business man or a 18-year-boy clicking your ads?

Indian likes this.
  14. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mind paying for clicks from Google, of course, if they are actually shopping for my products. It just all seemed a little suspicious. I will consider them a potential customer, and not worry about whether I've paid for the clicks or not. I just wondered if anyone else had ever experienced this before.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE GOOGLE AS A CUSTOMER!

Tara33, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  15. Micromag

Best Answers:
    From the Google Headquarters, Maybe is just an usual Google employee looking for a new partner:D

Tara33 likes this.
  16. kevluigi

kevluigi Member

Best Answers:
    lol. Maybe google makes money everytime they click on their own ads!

kevluigi, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  17. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they are. They're copying you. Stop using them!

Sohan, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  18. amirulcyber

amirulcyber Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't have any experience about this but i suggest u contact google.

amirulcyber, Nov 27, 2008 IP