1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense January Victims

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by nikmahajan, Jan 30, 2009.

Now the January is almost over and things are still not cleared regarding Adsense. It isn't known how Adsense will perform in February. Possibly, it is going to perform at lower end because of economic recession in February as well.

I have noticed more than 50% drop in my earnings from adsense when my traffic has risen sharply. Last month (december) I earned $1244 from it and this month it is going to be around $600 only for more number of pageviews.

I want to know how many of you have been hit by Adsense crunch especially in January. Please don't hesitate posting your previous month and this month earnings as this will help us better know about low adsense income in January. Please post as specific as you can.

nikmahajan, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  2. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone is hit. I don't blame this on adsense really its mostly to do with the advertisers budget shrinking everyday and its way too hard for them to invest money with poor conversion and people not buying.

Don't blame this on google. Its pointless.

godmode, Jan 30, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  3. learn2earn

learn2earn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Even google has been affected by the bad economy. My earning has almost decreased to 50 % of the previous month.

learn2earn, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. DPian

DPian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    another adsense victim here...
    my earnings are low down to about 60%

DPian, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  5. osome

osome Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think it effected a lot but one thing is sure google has stopped accepting new adsense approvals.

osome, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  6. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $600 considered good earning. We cannot expect the economy to recover so fast.

mdamin76, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  7. syslogv4

syslogv4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I am an outlier, but I actually made much more in January than in December....maybe it is the niche I am in.

In Jan., so far, I've made $89.39. In Dec., I made $57.19. I normally make around $65 to $70.

This may be off topic, but my clickbank earnings are up this month as well...just thought I'd throw that in there.

syslogv4, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  8. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    January was an excellent month for me. I made around 4 times what I usually make with just a little more effort. But it's going down now :) I might need to put in some more work to maintain it.

TheVccMatey, Jan 31, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  9. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    it is a great drop, i think it is due to economic crises

gr8webseller, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  10. shbsnt

shbsnt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody has a dropped earnings. However, I'll get my bigger ever check for my January earnings. As compared to previous months the click rate has been dropped 50%. Earlier I used to get ~$0.09/click, this month it is below $0.04/click.

shbsnt, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  11. nikmahajan

nikmahajan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Neither I am blaming Google. I am just asking about who all are affceted by this Adsense crunch and to what extent.
    BTW, I am taking adsense out of my blog to experiment with other options.

nikmahajan, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  12. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    Mine dropped about 60%, I really hope we can get out of the slump come Feb.

cool_78, Jan 31, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  13. xtremenitro911

xtremenitro911 Banned

Best Answers:
    My earnings are down almost 50% also. I have to say it is probably caused by the bad economy. Although I think I may try another ad company I here i better with earnings cause the links are easier to blend. Maybe too many people are use to what googles ads look like and they won't click. I would say it's a combination of everything but mostly the economy.

xtremenitro911, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  14. flamer

flamer Peon

Best Answers:
    My economy is in danger, till 2 days back, i use to get about 1$ in about 2 clicks on my site.

From past 2 days, about 4 clicks are done everyday, and i get 0.05$ in short 5 cents...! Whats up with this..!

I got the highest traffic ever in such less days, about 400 impressions, but yet i get this less stuff..!

flamer, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  15. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup my traffic went up and earnings went down but I've been fighting it manually - finding other ways to monetize my content. Direct advertising is the best approach guys n' gals, but there are other methods as well that I won't get into because it's too tedious.

Adsense isn't the only game in town, yes they are the best for register-and-insert-code monetization - but they are other avenues unexplored like sponsorship, etc. My earnings are doing ok , in early January it actually went up and then now it's dropping but with my other monetization practices I'm averaging out.

The economy is in tatters, I believe we're (heading) in a depression not a recession. So cpc is going to go down across the board, and google is also cost cutting - and they're doing this by taking a larger share of the money made on ads - so if they were taking 50% commission of ad sales previously, they're now taking 70-80% leaving you a thin slice of 20%. They don't disclose the commission for this very reason.

Slincon, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  16. melovillareal

melovillareal Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, we should not blame google for this

melovillareal, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  17. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the recession is hurting everyone..my income dropped about 25% or so in jan.

templates, Jan 31, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  18. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My December earnings were $1500. January is going to be around $900. Low eCPM's are to blame. Advertisers don't have as much to spend, so publishers won't make as much. Simple equation. It will turn around. It's just going to take some time.

christian231, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  19. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Earnings dropped around 20% from Dec to Jan. But an increment of 500% when compared with Jan 08! So i think i am still very much satisfied with it : ))

Nystul, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  20. asadbashirskt

asadbashirskt Banned

Best Answers:
    Google banned my account. I have not done any illegal activity. I made upto $600/month. Google also banned my friends accounts in a Day. and give me reason that "it has posed a significant risk to our advertisers". i have a lot of Impressions and clicks (12000 imp and 400 - 500 clicks). I want to know why they banned me? What does this reasons means? So I could avoid next time.

thanks

asadbashirskt, Jan 31, 2009 IP