1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another "man of god" rapes a child (and another denies the holocaust).

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Jan 30, 2009.

Well well well, it's almost become "not news worthy" when one of these con-men abuses their position of trust to abuse a child. It;s almost as if we have come to expect these people to have some kind of sexual depravity, or at least a sex life contradictory to what they preach to others (cue ted haggard who paid a man to watch him masturbate)

In other news, This one denies the holocaust.

stOx, Jan 30, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  2. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's this have to do with christianity? This twisted Canadian man sexually abused a child. Christianity didn't rape her.

touchAshley, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you are the only one to have connected it to christianity. I simply reported the facts. The term "man of god" isn't exclusive to christian clergy, is it?

One could easily say "what's this have to do with Canada?", But you didn't. Is that indicative of the connection you see between, say, christianity and child abuse which you don't see between Canada and child abuse?

It's very interesting that your first reaction to this story is to distance christianity from it.

A point i am not ashamed to make is how this so called "pastor", a man who i assume claims to believe in an omnipotent god and eternal punishment, would sexually abuse a child. It kind of puts a dent in how much this conman really believes the shit he preaches to the credulous flock, doesn't it.

stOx, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. touchAshley

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

what am I supposed to think? Your post has christianity written all over it.

5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, That post does. This one doesn't. If you want to defend christianity id suggest you do it where the connection is made, Not here, where it isn't.

I made a deliberate point of not mentioning christianity here.

stOx, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  6. touchAshley

Best Answers:
    Which didn't work out too well, because I saw what you were doing. Anyone with a brain can see.

I think you're trying to tie rape/molestation/child abuse with this religion. Am I wrong?

Now if you were just trying to say that this man is not a true "christian" then that's fine by me :)

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yet you decided to do the exact thing i wanted you too... That's odd.

No not religion per-se. With the clergy? Definitely.

The rate at which these people abuse children is unnaturally high, Considering they claim to believe in an omniscient god and an eternal punishment.

It does seem to me that a large proportion of clergy join up specifically to give them a means to gain the trust of and abuse children.

stOx, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  8. touchAshley

Best Answers:
    I agree!

So I guess I was wrong about what you were saying with your thread. I apologize :]

9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    No mention of the parents, but it seems they should be investigated as well, for allowing this to happen. What kind of parent would allow their 10 yrs. old child to marry and have sex with some 57 yr. old pervert? Even if you were brainwashed in a cult, wouldn't your instincts take over and motivate you to protect your child? Sad story. Hopefully this woman can go on and find happiness in life, but she may never completely recover.

Rebecca, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  10. aam_aam

aam_aam Banned

Best Answers:
    Yup, its condemnable but its nothing to do with him claiming to be a 'Man of God'!

aam_aam, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think it does, Cormier claiming to be a man of G-d is an important part of the story. He abused his title as Pastor to gain trust and credibility to sexually abuse girls. This girls mother was a recovering drug addict, and her father was not around. The church promised to help them, but instead Cormier abused this little girl. Didn't the people at the church know what was going on? He has been convicted of that, and is now on another trial for sexually abusing a different girl. I wonder if there are more? This story is just another example of how religious leaders will sometimes abuse their power and position of trust.

Rebecca, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  12. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only 5 years and the prison in Canada? I hear Canadian prisons is like Club Mead comparing to US prisons.

Yea a lot of this type of people would work their way up in a church hierarchy for the sole purpose of doing this to a minor or to gain trust and it doesn't always mean that this type of people are a man of god even though the ignorant have been lead to believe that way.

Why couldn't God help this poor helpless child or where was he on this? God is a slacker, he lets a helpless child get raped by a bad person..shame on you god.

wwws, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. It's the abuse of trust that makes this story particularly abhorrent. And he only had that trust because he claimed to be a man of god.

stOx, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  14. TheReeper420

TheReeper420 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly why religion should be taken out of human society, Humans will find away to molest children and stuff so if all religion is gone wouldnt that make it harder for them to do so. also all the war it has cozed has there been a major war that was not based on religious bull crap. If so let me know

TheReeper420, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  15. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but these are sick individuals that used religion as something hide within to molest children. You can find these kinds of people everywhere and throughout history. Hitler was the greatest criminal who was really an atheist who posed as whatever he said he was (christian, catholic, whatever). Molestation isnt the act of someone who believes in god. they are the act of a sick individual, and whoever calls them men of god is sick to.
    No where in the bible does it say to molest and sexually abuse children, but then again people who try to twist these acts as acts of people of god wont let you know that because of their hidden intentions.

pingpong123, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  16. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Where there are positions of power there will always be people willing to abuse them.

That's just a fact of life, and human nature for many.

aletheides, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  17. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    i`m in total agreement with u!!:rolleyes:

erolelcott, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  18. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly and you will always find religion bashers who want to brainwash people into believing that god doesnt exist or hes evil. Seems like this has become an obsession there and you gotta wonder what is inside some peoples hearts.
    All I gotta say is Im glad im not like that and im at peace with my belief in the good lord above and im so insecure that I have to spend my life doing this.
    But in life people can change and you never know when god comes into their hearts:)
    God bless everyone on earth from atheists to all religious faiths:)

pingpong123, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  19. aam_aam

aam_aam Banned

Best Answers:
    Please don't think that i am trying to defend any such scoundrel who uses his religion to do such an act....but the fact is that people abuse their power or the trust they have in all sectors of the society, not only religion. Police officers have the trust of the common people coz they keep the law in place, but they take bribery, do rape and kill innocents clearly abusing their powers and using the trust teat people have in them.

So why start religion bashing, if a religious guy does a crime?

aam_aam, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If a policeman was to rape a child i would be equally appalled. I would spend my time being appalled though, And not trying to distance his actions from his job, Especially if his job gave him the very trust which he abused.

Well one reason for bashing religion is because it gives these people are route to children, and in this case, divine justification for marrying a child. It could also be said that religious groups are so eager to continue the misconception that they have some kind of moral superiority that abuse cases are brushed under the carpet and abuse victims are paid hush money.

Need any more reasons or are you still going to pretend religious organisations are unfairly victimised.

stOx, Feb 2, 2009 IP