1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can You Make Money On a Bunch of Mini-Sites?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lennco, Jan 30, 2009.

I know most here prefer to have one really great site with great unique content, but for someone like me who doesn't really have a great deal of knowledge on any one subject or the ability to write a great article or even the time to put in to a great site.

Can you make money on a bunch of mini-sites?

Is it possible to make a least a $1 a day on average on a mini-site with ppc ads and affiliates?

Thanks for any input.
    Len

lennco, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  2. benefita

benefita Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible but I think it's not worth

benefita, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  3. FreeKii

FreeKii Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have identified a good niche for a site, it would probably be good to spend enough time to make the 1st site successful before moving onto other sites or projects.

FreeKii, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. icemusike

icemusike Active Member

Best Answers:
    good question.. but what's the point of makeing 1$ a day.. you need like 100 websites to make some $... i guess its better to have 4-10 websites well done that makes some real cash. but realy im not a pro.. so il w8 for an awnser 2. :)

icemusike, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  5. lennco

lennco Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you if I had the know-how and the time to do that.

But if I made a bunch of easy mini-sites without have to spend a lot of time on them is it possible to make at least $1 a day.

If I had 35 mini-sites that made $1 a day that's $1,050 a month.

Right now that $1,050 a month would help.

Len

lennco, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  6. paganheart

paganheart Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. But as with everything else in life, it takes effort and time. After you make that effort and do the time (no pun intended for those in the know on being sandboxed), you will make money on your sites. There are so many ways to monetize a website now. If you but TRY and stick with it, you will succeed.

The reason why most people fail to make money on their sites is that they give up way too soon.

paganheart, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  7. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Something like this would be possible, but I think you would have more success if you focused on just a few websites at a time. If you try to market 35 websites at a time, you won't do very effective marketing for any of them.

vansterdam, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  8. MK2

MK2 Peon

Best Answers:
    There must be some subject you have a good knowledge about? If you do things properly, anyone can make a profitable mini-site.

I recommend you take a look at Michael Rasmussen's free online video course Mini Site Profits exposed. I can't post links but just type it in the broswer as 1 big word.
    If you follow everything he tells you, there is no reason why you can't set up a profitable site. Its a fantastic course and i highly recommend it :)

MK2, Jan 30, 2009 IP
    vipfactor likes this.
  9. lennco

lennco Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks pagenheart, i appreciate the honesty. :)

lennco, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  10. supernoobice

supernoobice Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to do the $1 a day web site. It's a lot of work maybe the same kind of work like the other strategy of building a 1 great site. But I found making one site successful better, before moving on to the next. Set a goal for a certain site. Like "This site should earn $600 per month in 5 months". If you met that goal, move on and do another site.

Even if you have 1 great site that gets money for you, you still have to diversify.

supernoobice, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  11. icemusike

icemusike Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am curious what site can you make to realy give u 1 $/day. blog or? and without work every day on it.. just make it. index it in google. and etc.. can anyone give me some examples please?

icemusike, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  12. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have a website that only gets approx 200 visits a day and make about 2-4 dollars a day onG . . . its a " photo " website . . .

now to watch this video - Michael Rasmussen's free online video course Mini Site Profits exposed :-D

locals, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  13. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THAT VIDEO IS GARBAGE . . . and hard to sit through . . . BORING . . . did i mention waste of time also . . .

locals, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  14. Meads

Meads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Research your keywords and go for small niches...

I have a free blogger blog with about 3 posts (longest post is 150 words) and that makes at least one sale per day some times two and it makes me about $30 per day.

This blog does not even get over 10 uniques per day, but it is a hungry market and very "BUY" orientated...

Meads, Jan 30, 2009 IP
    vipfactor likes this.
  15. pumalean

pumalean Active Member

Best Answers:
    I read Tim Gourman's report on running 300+ mini sites hoping to monetize a few dollars a day from each with adsense.

He wrote that report some time June 2008 and expecting to harvest the money in 2009 when he's done with those 300+ sites.

Though I'm a fan of Tim and I respect him on his article marketing knowledge, but this adsense model doesn't seem too good to me.

my 2 cents

pumalean, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  16. gust

gust Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the end of the day, small sites (spam sites) can turn a big profit but it generally won't last forever. I think it's wiser to pick a niche and create the best content on this subject. If you have the best content out there, the money will follow.

gust, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  17. pumalean

pumalean Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the perfect scenario. But honestly, not everyone has the skill, passion, knowledge to achieve this. Instead, most are look for short term solutions in IM. :cool:

pumalean, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  18. DPian

DPian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if the niche is attractive and good then you can
    definitely make some handsome amount of money

DPian, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  19. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, it's very possible. The standard way is to build your 'real' sites / blogs (the ones that make you money) and keep them clean - ie hand written by you. Then create dozens of autoblogs that pass you backlinks and populate themselves automatically, hosted on free wordpress blog hosting sites (and there are lots of them). Add a few article marketing campaigns for each 'real' site'

Monetize with adsense. Some people prefer to use blogspot as the host for their 'real' sites, because they think google prefers it. I'd always want to host a 'real' site on my own server.

contentboss, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  20. tmontana

tmontana Guest

Best Answers:
    yes its possible to make big money from lots of mini sites

take garryconn from www.garryconn.com for example.... he made over 10,000 dollars from adsense alone in december because he has hundreds of these micro niche blogs.

if you were to do alot of these sites, why not buy phpbay pro and sell ebay stuff too

anything is possible

tmontana, Jan 31, 2009 IP