1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Eyes wide shut! - What every advertiser SHOULD know!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by bjewelled, Jan 30, 2009.

bjewelled, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  2. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google adsense is a widely accepted scam which is accepted by a large number of Internet users.

It's only because Google owns the web !

;)

SOULZRIPPER, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  3. bjewelled

bjewelled Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps it is - I do not know because I do not have an adsense account - but the article is actually about Adwords!

4. StrikingContent

StrikingContent Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting!

I've spoken to "SEO gurus" in the past who have many negative things to say about Google. It's articles like this that really point further in that negative direction too. Like Soulzripper above says, Google owns the web. So, you've got to make a choice. Shun Google - or do what they want and make money online!!

We can bash Google all we want, but the fact of the matter is, if you want to market your business EFFECTIVELY online, you've got to play the game.

StrikingContent, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  5. bjewelled

bjewelled Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure we should go that far or we will all be bankrupt chasing spiralling 1st page bids!

Hence my thread title! Yes we have to enter the game with eyes open but, in fact, we are being kept in the dark - Google suggest the game is played by one set of rules but run it by a quite different set.

6. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to do a little research on your keywords before setting up a campaign. I'm on the first page with 4 keyword related phrases with adwords for only .05 USD.

You don't need to spend a bunch of money to get a good return if you take a few minutes and do a little homework.

That being said, google does own the internet. It's right on the cusp of a monopoly.

Romanorc, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  7. infinite22

infinite22 Peon

Best Answers:
    The big G can do whatever they want, I heard they are renaming the internet, googlenet....

infinite22, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  8. bjewelled

bjewelled Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but that is hardly the point of the article. The essence is that Google appear to be manipulating the results to favour certain advertisers whilst disadvantaging the majority by limiting the number of impressions they get. Furthermore, they would appear to compound this by supplying dubious data that is pretty meaningless, i.e. Impression Share, lost IS, etc.

Very true, and I do not have a problem with that but why not tell us what they are doing?

bjewelled, Feb 1, 2009 IP