1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 - $200 a month from SEO and Targeted Niche Development using small sites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cbrooker, Jan 29, 2009.

I know this is no great accomplishment, and there are others on this site making much more per month.

However, I thought I would share the results of something that has generated me $100 - $200 a month per site.

Using small websites, that start off originally at around 20 pages (they will grow as time goes on), I've managed to follow a deliberate plan that generates me $100 - $200 a month per site developed this way.

Not having the resources or the time to compete head-to-head with the big players in the more profitable niches, I've utilized longtail searches, in profitable and very targeted niches, developed these sites systematically and have seen the results.

Because the areas are so targeted, and very easy to dominate, and generate revenue relatively easy, I will not be revealing these areas. Don't ask. I don't have to share my "Revenue Screenshots" either, I'm not claiming to be making $100,000 off a single site, and I'm not trying to brag at the accomplishment.

I am simply trying to share the strategy that I have taken on a single site that has reaped great rewards for me.

Read how I have used targeted niche development to generate $100 - $200 revenue per month on a single site. If you want to visit my blog, it's the one in my signature "Marketing, Business & Technology News".

Cbrooker, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  2. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! That is a great achievement. So now you are just going to have to create more to get more profit.

richkid, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  3. liquidgraph

liquidgraph Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally tried the many-small-sites approach and it didn't work very well. Instead, now I'm working on a single site that I want to get up to $100/day.

But hey! If that method is working for ya, all the best. Keep making more and increasing the size of the ones you've already got.

liquidgraph, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  4. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm up to about 8 to 10 sites right now! :)

Cbrooker, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  5. johnlocke

johnlocke Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations great success..

johnlocke, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  6. RickS01

RickS01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your success Cbrooker!

What keyword tool did you use?

Also, you mentioned in your article you used blogger software. Is that all that you used to generate the site or did you have graphics done for it or anything else special like that?

Thanks for the great info!

Regards,
    Rick

RickS01, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  7. arulnitt

arulnitt Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats on ur success buddy.. keep enjoying...

arulnitt, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  8. edtechguide

edtechguide Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats to you guyz... hoping someday you could give me clients to start with.. ;)

edtechguide, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  9. MoneyRiot

MoneyRiot Banned

Best Answers:
    Congrats, keep up the good work. It all starts out small and once you get the hang of it, it just snowballs from there!

MoneyRiot, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    nice article, if rather manual intensive. I like the way that you have instinctively understood that you need unique content, and then a bunch of backlinks. That's the secret, really!

contentboss, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  11. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    For the Keyword Tool, I used WordTracker.

Just a blogging software - well actually more of a content management software (Joomla 1.5 with Adsense) ... graphics were part of the articles and a logo of course. But that was it ... basic and clean.

Cbrooker, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  12. dzinstand

dzinstand Banned

Best Answers:
    Congratulations for Success.. I thinks It's Great Achivement. You Earn per site $100,000. That's great.

dzinstand, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  13. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    I read our article with interest and thought it provided a good overview. Glad to see someone is doing the work required that most people shy away from:)

Are all your 10 sites doing as well as he one you talk about in your article and are hey all in the same niche?

newsniche, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  14. RickS01

RickS01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for the info, Cbrooker.

Can you recommend a good tutorial for Joomla? -Something that goes in depth with the structure? I'm sort of learning it now. I had a person do a site for me in Joomla 1.0 and I'm sort of learning it, but I want to understand it more in depth, and I (obviously) want to create other sites as well.

Would you happen to have a good recommendation for the template(s) that you are using for these types of sites?

Rick

P.S. I'm printing out your post in your Marketing, Business & Technology News blog. :)

RickS01, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  15. usamedicalsupplies

usamedicalsupplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Really good article, thanks.

usamedicalsupplies, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  16. jeffbeer09

jeffbeer09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread... actually is a progressive, helpful info! Granted, many already are way more advance in experience and knowledge in this, but this thread actually was a good boost for afternoon downtime :)

Most of all, congrats Cbrooker! I'm attempting a similar approach, and hope I can match your results soon! :p
    I also appreciate your target niche development link, and checked out your business blog... good stuff :D Keep up the good work!

jeffbeer09, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  17. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I have selected different niche markets. Some have developed from a personal knowledge in some, while others are somewhat related to the original that I selected an acts as a great compliment to my first site. I'm driving traffic from one site to the other as well with some very well constructed articles.

5 of the sites are performing well. The other 5 are just at various stages of development.

I have a full time job in the day, and work mostly at this on evenings and weekends. It is rewarding. I don't mind the hard work required to get a site off the ground, and never have been one to shy away from hard work. Maintaining the sites once up and running is the easy part. The difficult part is building them from the start.

First, I would suggest going with Joomla 1.5. It is much easier to work with, much faster and much more SEO friendly. I have no real tutorial that I can give you, I just started using it and learned as I went along. I have a very technical background and learning the software side of it was relatively easy. The hard part was learning the SEO components that I wanted to deploy through the site.

I purchased my template as well - I subscribed to a template "group", where they publish templates each month. I can't remember the name of it right off hand, I'm at work on break right now, and I've got it bookmarked at my home.

You can do this with WordPress as well. It may be easier as WordPress is much easier for blogging. I've started learning WordPress and my next site is going to be a WordPress one.

Cbrooker, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  18. iiswhois

iiswhois Active Member

Best Answers:
    This really is inspiring Cbrooker. I recently also begin to take advantage of very-targeted niche sites focusing on long-tail keyword searches. So I'm hoping I can reproduce successful results like yourself. It's taking a good amount of work to get everything together in the beginning, but with time, i'm expecting positive results.

iiswhois, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  19. ddzc

ddzc Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, great article. Did you use this tool: http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com. I'm not sure if theres a difference between the free wordtracker tool and the one you have to buy.

Thanks

ddzc, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  20. msdebra

msdebra Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just learning to build a website. Will your method work with a blog?

msdebra, Jan 30, 2009 IP