1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adpeeps VS SoftBiz Ad manager plus - Banner / Ad management with payment integeration

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by blackgeneral, Jan 10, 2009.

I wanted an ad management script to sell ads on my website.

The main criteria I wanted was for the ad management process to run on automatic. I wanted people to be able to sign up by themselves, buy ads on my website, and pay for it with no input from me, except for say, approving the ads.

I considered several options. Google Admanager was in beta as at the time I wanted this. And in all I read about it, their was no mention of any integaration to Paypal or other payment systems. Open X also didnt have this feature, though someone seemed to have a plugin for it, but from what I read on a forum, I wasn't to sure of it.

I finally decided to try Adpeeps and Softbiz Admanager plus. Price was not an issue for me, cause I considered anything less tha $100 to be chicken change, and both were.

I tried the 1 week demo of Adpeeps and installed it on my site. I liked it. One thing i noticed - May be I didn't look at it carefully, but it seemed to me I needed to create the advertiser accounts manually. Too much work for me. I would have liked them to register/signup without my help. Adpeeps does have integertion to Paypal, though I wasn't able to try it out before the trial expired. I met a few people in some forums who liked and used Adpeeps as well.

Next I bought Softbiz Admanagement Plus. It had an online demo, not one you could install on your system like Adpeeps. It was cheaper ($55). But the features it had were perfectly what I wanted. I felt the interface was quite polished. Good Paypal integaration. And the killer feature for me – new advertisers can register, upload their ads, pay, and have them start showing up immediately on the site without any input from me. The perfect money machine. But to be safe, I changed the setting so that I would approve ads before they show.

Things to note about Softbiz.
    1.When I made my purchase, they sent me an email. Unfortunately it landed in my Gmail junkmail/spam folder and I didnt see it for about 48 hours. In the mean time I got worried, since I had paid and hadnt gotten my product. Luckily I checked my junk mail and saw their email. So if you do buy it, watch out for this. I really wish SoftbizScripts.com had a contact phone number on their site (All they have is an email contact form)
    2.Softbiz Admanager plus is encrypted. You would need the ion cube loader on you system to get it to work.
    3.When setting up Admanager plus, in the admin control panel, go to Admin Settings > Configure Site> Website Address. Though the field says 'website address', what is really needed here is the directory to which Admanager is installed. Be sure that you enter the location of ad manager plus here, not just your website address. For example, if ad-manager is installed in a sub-directory on your root folder (/public_html), it should point to http://www.your-site.com/ad-manager-plus-folder not http://www.your-site.com . Else ads will not show up correctly. It took me some time to figure that out.

Both Softbiz and Adpeeps support Text Ads and banner ads. Both are highly configurable. Both give advertisers a login page where they can view the statistics of the ads – CTR, impressions etc.

I chose SoftBiz becuause I liked the interface be better. But Adpeeps is really good as well.

blackgeneral, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  2. blackgeneral

blackgeneral Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have tried any good ad payment scripts like the above please share - it may be useful to others too.

blackgeneral, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  3. asr_guy

asr_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm nice review but the killer feature you were looking for does seem to be supported in adpeeps - i.e. the auto purchase and instant account for advertisers. It also seems from their demo that you can opt to approve them before their ads show.

I kind of like the fact that adpeeps seems active in updating their software and their site just looks better - so maybe they know more about advertising.

Hard to choose but thanks so much for the review.

I think I'll try the free hosted OpenX for now and if there's demand from advertisers I'll switch to adpeeps, because the only big advantage I see using something like the scripts you reviewed is the direct advertising sales automation. With OpenX you just add them manually so if it gets to be a "nice problem" where there's so many advertisers then I'll switch.

Cheers.

asr_guy, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  4. thinkfast

thinkfast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice review mate, actually i need this review cause i need ads management script

i like sofbiz to but they very weak at page look (design) :p

thinkfast, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  5. SEO-UK

SEO-UK Peon

Best Answers:
    I got oiopublisher to sell ad space on my site/s.
    Then I tried google ad manager - and after 70 hours wasted configuring it, I decided it was like something out of the ark.
    I then did nothing for 2 months
    For the past fortnight I've been setting up openx (60 hours into it and it's getting there) ... and was wondering this week if I could simply drop my oiopublisher block directly into openx and run it from there. That would sort it if it works (for those that have both).

SEO-UK, Jul 17, 2009 IP
  6. myandy99

myandy99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried Adpeeps and it does allow advertisers to register on their own.

I still haven't figured out how to let Google adsense rotate with the ads other advertisers put. Overall I like it

myandy99, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  7. BlaqHQ

BlaqHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    I have softbiz ad manager plus script before they encryted it. I wont ever purchase a script that is encoded like that

BlaqHQ, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  8. opaliz

opaliz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm evaluating different alternatives, what i'm looking for:
    - paypal integration
    - text ads (with ability to customize look, to be different from adsense and thus not violate the AdSense TOS)
    - adsense integration
    Optional:
    - bidding system
    - conversion tracking

So far, i have experience only with gam and openx, but i'm looking for paid systems and i've tried a lot of demos.

oiopublisher: very symple ad purchasing mechanism (the only drawback is that a mail is sent to advertiser to make a paypal payment). I coudn't find a lot of info about reports, it seems that advertisers don¡t get a panel, they just receive email performance reports and stop receiving them when the campaign expires. Price $47

formfields: requires paypal merchant account (higher paypal comissions). Adsense integration. Good pricing schemes generation, automatic mediakit, realtime reports. The advertiser panel does not look very good. The advertiser must register before, "purchase ad space" and then make payments, but they can see the mediakit without registering. Reports show campaign, impressions, clicks and ctr. Price $100 + upgrades from older versions?

inclick: a lot of advanced / pro features like bidding system and contextual ads (this are very good for medium/big sites). The most complete admanager. Very good ad creation system: advertiser create the ad and them make payment and create account. Drawback: very expensive, they charge up to 15%, but the bidding system or the contextual ads may increase ad sales for complex/big sites. Paypal integration requires merchant account, or manual payment processing. It's really different from other simple ad managers. First $500 earnings are free

phplemonadquick: it's a clone of adbrite, but you can use it as a standalone adserver also. Paypal payments integrated. Detailed Live Ad Stats Price $249

In my next reply I will post some impressions of other admanagers, sorry for my bad english

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    opaliz, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  9. opaliz

opaliz Peon

Best Answers:
    orbitscripts adsense integration: can use a percent for adsense (example: 50% to advertizers and 50% to adsense). Paypal integrated. Very professional control panel for advertisers. Advertisers must register. They have a balance and can make payments there (no workflow). Ad creation has a lot of options (ad groups, channels, targeting, scheduling), it's not so simple like in other systems. Reports are also very complete and detailed, in the advertiser home page is a simpler graph with impressions, clicks and ctr. Good option for a large network of sites and advertisers. Conversion tracking should be there for the high price. Price: $600
    Conclussion: is a proffessional and complete ad manager compiting with adspeed, but cheaper than this. May have to much features for those looking for a simple solution, and may lack some features for proffessionals: like conversion tracking and grouping text ads in one slot

adspeed Paypal integrated. Media kit. Advertisers can buy directly from media kit, but payment is not direct, they receive an invoice in their email (this can be good for some advertisers, thought). Good feature: ad auto optimization. Good feature: conversion tracking. Text ads can be customized using css (good). Multiple text ads can be displayed together (good).
    Seems to be very mature and with good features. Monthly suscriptions is expensive in the long term.
    Price:
    impressions(thousands)/ monthly cost(aprox)
    100/$10
    300/$25
    500/$40
    1000/$70
    3000/$170
    5000/$200

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    opaliz, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  10. opaliz

opaliz Peon

Best Answers:
    adpeeps
    paypal enabled - adsense integration - good and simple price list (like a mediakit) - payment before ad creation (bad, ad should be created before payment) - once advertiser purchase an ad, they can create an username and password to check stats, as well create new ads- Auto ad weighting based on CTR. - Advertiser can receive a notification of expiring ad 10 days in advance
    price: 1 domain: $100 - 3domains: $150
    Conclusion: simple but effective. Cheap.

opaliz, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  11. opaliz

opaliz Peon

Best Answers:
    Softbiz

advertiser must create an account before seeing rates and creating an ad. - ad creation process: advertiser must select banner or text ad, and then he sees the rates (bad) - Advertiser can see the balance and add funds using paypal or offline in the control panel. - bad: no price list (media kit) for unregisted advertisers - does it work for multiple sites?
    conclussion: simple and very cheap, competes with adpeeps.
    price: $55- (there is a $21 version with less features)

opaliz, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  12. irefvbulletin

irefvbulletin Peon

Best Answers:
    I am looking for the most reliable banner ad management script/software to run on my vBulletin forum. Would members have any recommendations? Thanks

irefvbulletin, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  13. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you've wordpress you can simply use a plugin

no69_2007, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  14. irefvbulletin

irefvbulletin Peon

Best Answers:
    I am running Vbulletin not word press.

irefvbulletin, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  15. zonker720

zonker720 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tried to buy Softbiz AdManager, but they rejected my request to purchase.... pretty weird.... I hope I get my money back.

I installed AdPeeps instead. Working very well. Still on the 7 day trial, but so far, it's exactly what I wanted.

zonker720, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  16. martin der matrose

martin der matrose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello i buy also the Softbiz Admanager plus. but i fight now more than 8 mohnts on this one
    i call the comapany i buy it from i sent lots of email but no suport not et alll

only what the say you have to take hosting et us than we help you
    no i dont whane buy new hosting i have my owne hosting it have to work its not lots of monnye 55 usd
    but its the company that is ****up if there is one how can help my to set up the script im a happy man

the probleam is

http://spike-source.com/ad-manager-plus-folder/admin/

is working yeeee

but

http://spike-source.com/ad-manager-plus-folder/index.php

is not working

and yes my server has evrything what this script neet :)

i chackt all 3tims i ask my othere hosting pakner to look @ it and hy say also its good but still not working :(

plzz help me plzz :)

greetings martin

martin der matrose, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  17. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    ufshane, Jan 27, 2014 IP