1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does my landing page suck?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TheForexGuy, Jan 27, 2009.

Folks,

I have a pressing question here with trying to get a sales page that converts.

I was wondering if my sales page was assertive enough to make a sale or is it a joke.

http://www.mightywordpressguide.com

Criticize the heck out of me if you will!

Tom

TheForexGuy, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  2. Ayrshire Web Design

Ayrshire Web Design Banned

Best Answers:
    looks ok to me

Ayrshire Web Design, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  3. Anthony82988

Anthony82988 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like it..the only thing in my opinion is the headline, i think it needs to be shorter and
    more exciting. People instantly wanna here how much you made and
    how much they can make....just my 2cents

Anthony82988, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  4. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree about the headline. Other than that, the sales page looks fine. You could maybe just shorten the headline up. Make it short, simple, yet interesting.

avonlee1983, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  5. petes1980

petes1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will give you 2 opinions here :)

Independant review - As a sales page it is good. It has all the general requirements of it clearly states what it is about, shows how you have made a good income stream out of it, testimonials to back it up, reduced limited time period price offer and a money back guarentee. People looking for ways to make extra money online will probably be interested in purchasing this item. I do agree the title needs to be a bit snappier tho.

Personal comment - On a personal note i would leave this page as soon as i landed on it. Purely because it is displayed and structured in the same format as a million other sales pages claiming to make you a nice income stream from very little work and money. In my unfortunate experience of trying various systems and methods to make some additional income (all recommended on forums and such), they have all failed. All requiring far more time than stated and returning next to nothing. Now i would only consider something like that if it was presented more as a proper website backed by what appears to be a successful business rather than individual.

Please don't take offence to my personal comment as that is based on my own experiences and would not necessarily reflect the general public as a whole :)

petes1980, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  6. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a million for the input! I really do appreciate it!

I did change the headline and made it way shorter and to the point.

As for the bounce rate, I did notice that it is very high, but I would think for a sales page format, that it would be somewhat high. I would have to do some more research as this is my first ever sales page and am always looking for ways to increase conversions.

TheForexGuy, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  7. Anthony82988

Anthony82988 Peon

Best Answers:
    just checked out the changes to it..i like it keep up the good work

Anthony82988, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  8. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your sales page looks good and is ready for testing:).
    A few things to consider:

What audience are you targeting? People who know absolutely nothing about blogging, internet marketing etc? Or are they saavy IMers and have been thinking about starting up a blog? Or whatever... The point being that you need to determine what audience you are going after, and then write the page towards that audience. For example, if you were targeting the experienced IMers, maybe a story type sales page would be worth testing. You need to get inside their heads. So you could start off with how you had all these sites and wasn't getting anywhere etc etc and then you started blogging and saw immediate results. See where I am going with this?

You need to put up several pages and test them to see which converts the best. Pay attention to the keywords used to get to your site. Very valuable info there.;)

Good luck and a good job on your page!!

Zeek

zeekstern, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  9. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    As a copywriter, here are a few comments about your page:

Header image - doesn't really add anything to selling your product. Sure the title's the mighty wordpress guide. So what? Lead them to the headline immediately. And the picture of a lady with her laptop? I'm not really sure about that.

Headline - why would people care earning 4 figures when there are reports that promise them to make more than that money? What I'm getting at is that the headline is still pretty weak, you haven't aroused the curiosity of anyone who wants to make money out of blogs. Ask yourself, why would they want to read your sales letter? Just because they can make 4 figures? try to go deeper than that.

The body - You start the letter talking about other people that your readers won't care about (e.g. "Sadly, most budding bloggers never get to where they want to be in the ever expanding blogosphere."). Talk about your readers. Talk about their desire to get out of the rat race and make a living out of blogging.

Another thing is that the English is iffy. You can still improve it IMHO. Take this line for example: "Why do Most Bloggers Not Succeed???" Sounds like bad English to me. You'll turn off your readers with that.

These are at most general suggestions. I agree with zeekstern when he said that you should at least have several pages and test them. See which one converts better.

Good luck!

cd928, Jan 28, 2009 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  10. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I go with the suggestions of cd928. I have been online for a quite some time and I admit, I am always annoyed every time I see a long sales page, instead of telling me directly how the e-book can really help me. I therefore suggest that you make your introduction shorter, and put the FAQ on the top.

Always think of something how to make your viewers amazed, instead of the driving them away because they got bored with you. And yes, title is very important.

Hope that helps.

GuardianAngel, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  11. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that I have received an overwhelming response to the nature of the sales page.

I am having thoughts of totally redoing the page and the sales end as well. Not only have I been having problems converting sales but also I need to work on my traffic building a bit more.

I am kinda stuck in the "promoting a clickbank product" mentality which I have realized in promoting my very own product without an affiliate network. I have to promote a whole hell of a lot more and watch over my sales content as well too.

TheForexGuy, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  12. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks ok but here's my tip you should target it towards newbies .what I mean is target your headline towards noobs .Come up with headline laser targeted at noobs .According to me noobs should be your target customers.

teckinik, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  13. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    It looks just like a million other "I want to sell you this amazing product" sales webpages. Its straight out of the No Bull**it marketing guide, and TBH most people can spot these things a mile off nowadays...get rich quick blah blah...amazing secrets lah...no effort...make a fortune. Nobody believes it anymore.

Make your copy less glitzy, more sincered and sell YOURSELF.

thefandango, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  14. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend totally eliminating the top part, but you should either A) Shorten it or B) move it down on the page a ways. You have to entice your visitors within 7 seconds, and I think the weekly sales report screenshot thing on down is much more enticing than what you have written at the top. I would maybe stick it just before the testimonials.

PHPGator, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  15. garfieldgates

garfieldgates Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is good, but like other think you could have a more short and efficient headline. Like one that makes an immediate and concrete claim - take for example the well known Rosetta Stone headline: "The quickest way to learn a language guaranteed." Try something with words like that and about the same length.

garfieldgates, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  16. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, headline should be more descriptive. Instead of 'one blogger' you should specify it, such as 'I' or 'Jason McSome' or somebody else.

I doubt you'll make any sales with that one.

maxerg, Jan 29, 2009 IP