1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Configure Wordpress Post By Email Settings

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Karen May Jones, Jan 27, 2009.

Hi, I have been taking a close look into the workings of Wordpress after using it for about two years.

I recently took note of a site that has a free list of ping update services , ping tutorial, and ping delay plugin from another DP member's thread here. I see the proper area for adding update services in my blog, and I'll be making use of that soon.

I notice that wordpress tells me I can add blog posts by using an exclusive email address. I would like some help with this. :)

I need help on how to configure the settings. Lets say I have an email from my site hosted at godaddy and its address is 123456ATjygornd.com.... how would I fill in the fields? I searched at godaddy and I don't have enough term knowledge to find an answer there. Should an owned domain be used, or a yahoo/hotmail account? I don't think the free emails have pop 3 - but it's been a while since I've read up on this....

[​IMG]

Karen May Jones, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  2. netbie

netbie Peon

Best Answers:
    netbie, Jan 28, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  3. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    thanks, but I had already read that before I posted here. I understand what it will do, but I do not know how to put the correct server info in the email fields. :)

Karen May Jones, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  4. lvtim

lvtim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The setup is exactly the same as you would do if you're setting up using an e-mail client such as Outlook Express, Eudora, or such. The important thing is that your web hosting provider supports the components that run the blog by post option. The only way to find out is to test it out once you email your post.

lvtim, Jan 28, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  5. Karen May Jones

Best Answers:
    I have no experience with any of those. I can barely remember doing pop 3 with yahoo about ten years ago, I guess I'll have to keep reading over at Godaddy and see if I can find the magic address. :)

Thanks for advice! :)

Karen May Jones, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  6. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tom Thumb, Jan 31, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  7. Karen May Jones

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks. I do have a gmail account. This will help me a lot! *to do list*

I visited my old stomping ground - atspace.com a day or so ago and saw that they had pop3 too... I made a mental note. Being that google gives us this, I'll take the easier road :) Thanks!

Karen May Jones, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  8. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cool.. hope it works dude :) If you need any help sure pop me a PM :)

Tom Thumb, Feb 1, 2009 IP