1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal and recurring payments

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by AdrianMoss, Jan 26, 2009.

I like the simplicity of PayPal however I am getting into a business which will charge people on a monthly basis.

In playing around with PayPal it looks like the max I can charge someone for is 30 recurring payments. Am I correct here?

I created a button to test out the process and the other thing I disliked was this... "$9.95 USD for each month, for 30 installments"

Maybe I am doing something wrong but if I were a customer and I saw this I would freak out a little bit. To me it sounds like I'm obligated to this service for 30 months. I want the customer to be billed until they cancel.

Anyone have an experience with PayPal and recurring payments?

Anyone use another company that will just bill monthly as long as the customer doesn't cancel?

I would prefer a company with out a bunch of startup fees & bogus charges. Thanks in advance.

AdrianMoss, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  2. pokey

pokey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've used PayPal and recurring payments since '05, and have had no problems with it what so ever.

When creating a recurring subscription button, under "After how many cycles should billing stop?" just leave it at "--" and the subscriber will be charged until they cancel.

[​IMG]

Hope that helps mate

- A

pokey, Jan 26, 2009 IP
    fundu likes this.
  3. AdrianMoss

AdrianMoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was hoping I was doing something stupid! Thanks!

AdrianMoss, Jan 26, 2009 IP
    pokey likes this.