1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few questions.....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kingdogol, Jan 25, 2009.

Hi,

I was just wondering a few things, that I'm sure are possible, though I thought why not ask some other dp users what they think.

I have a friend who is looking to get into making money online through writing articles. She wants to know if it would be possible to make $500 a week from nothing but writing articles, I think it would be possible but very time consuming and draining. I thought writing 10 articles a day could take round 5 hours and at $5 an article that is only $50 a day or $250 for a five day week or $350 if you worked 7 days a week. Even at the $350 mark, it's still a long way from the $500 mark. So what do you think, is it possible to write 10 articles a day in 5 hours? Could $500 a week be made from article writing alone?

Also I have a question about scripts, I recently fired, lol, my website designer/coder as they promised heaps and never delivered anywhere near there promises. So I have decided to take the time and build everything myself from now on. Now what I'm after is a script for a landing page, the customer will land on and unless they pay a membership/product fee they will not be able to get into the site. I'm only learning about coding stuff myself and don't exactly know what I'm looking for, or how the script redirects the customer to the site once they've paid, I imagine there is something you put in like a paypal code that sends them to a specific page. I kind of need this ASAP, also I don't know if giving everyone a individual login is a good idea, though its what I'm thinking. Thoughts? Ideas?

Any help or thoughts on these things would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

kingdogol

kingdogol, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes its possible to write 10 article per day within 5 hour coz nowsday you always can get the writing idea from google.
    For the script you can try this mydigitaldispatch.com

mentos, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  3. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    If your friend is a good writer and has a resume with samples, I would suggest that she apply with Demand Studios. She will get paid $15 for every 400 word article. She can easily make $500 a week if she combines Demand Studios work with Textbroker, Bright Hub and some side gigs with clients.

$5 an article is not an accurate figure. Again, if your friend is a good writer and can create a website highlighting her experience and providing links to samples, she could make .04-.10 per word depending on her niche.

If she needs anything, feel free to PM me her email address. I've got some websites she can go to that will help get her on the right track :)

Y.L. Prinzel, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  4. fundu

fundu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    $500 a week is a bit too high in the beginning. But as you get some experience and build some reputation, then you can easily make more than $500 a week. But for such a target, you should be absolutely perfect with the grammar and spellings. You should also be able to deliver the articles in the promised timespan.

As far as membership site is concerned, there are many scripts available. You can check the content forum and you can find a script for real cheap.

fundu, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  5. tigerwolf

tigerwolf Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    $500 a week is a stretch if she is only writing articles - its a very competitive market with lots of people out there trying to get the same piece of pie. Having said that, as with all things, if she can provide examples of her work and/or as soon as she build a reputation, she could end up making around $500 a week ... repeat business is the key I suppose, that and ALWAYS delivering more than she promises and ideally quicker too (at least at first).
    I've used a few membership scripts - even free ones - and most are a pain to get working, but if you choose a half-way decent one (even aMember) it should work fine, and there is help and backup available here and on other forums too. On the subject of individual login, the script should manage that for you (even a 'forgotten password' is standard and automated) and I would say you absolutely MUST have individual logins so you can track (and contact) your membership.
    Good luck (and good luck to your friend too).

tigerwolf, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  6. JustRicky

JustRicky Peon

Best Answers:
    If your friend writes on in-demand topics and sets up a sale on the numerous forums out there I don't see why not.

Have her find topics people WANT and write some bundles of articles on the topic. So she can sell them as PLR content.

5 hours a day invested into article writing can produce a TON of content. I myself type pretty slow. But at 5 hours a day I could pump out TONS. And flip it for some decent coin.

Check around. Like I said. People are always in the market to buy good quality PLR. There are a TON of sites and ways to sell it.

JustRicky, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  7. kingdogol

kingdogol Peon

Best Answers:
    First off thanks for all the replies everyone, some really great quality advice here! Just gotta love dp!:D

Thanks mentos, I'll check it out.

Thanks Y.L. Prinzel, that is some really useful information coated in kind caring words!:D She has written for many news papers but has no online samples, therefore maybe she can do some smaller work to build up a resume and samples and then apply to Demand Studios. Are Demand Studios a company that holds funds in a (forget the name) account and then release it once or twice a month? I'm sure over time she'll be able to build up to the .10c a word!:D

Thanks again for this useful info!

Thanks tigerwolf, some very good advice mate. I'll check out aMember and have a float around the scripting pages here on dp and see what I come up with!

kingdogol, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  8. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem. Regarding the samples, she could scan and PDF her print work (that is what I did in the beginning) to submit as samples.

Demand pays weekly through Paypal. Textbroker and Brighthub pay monthly. Associated Content pays whenever something gets approved- but their pay is so low I wouldn't suggest it unless she is desperate for cash now (they don't require a resume or samples).

Y.L. Prinzel, Jan 26, 2009 IP
    TomR likes this.
  9. kingdogol

kingdogol Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW, you're just like a jack in the [box]:eek:, full of wonderful ideas, lol:D As she is not in a rush to be paid it means it'll give her time to organise a nice protfolio/resume and hopefully get some high paying jobs from Demand, Textbroker and Brighthub.

Thankyou so much for spending your valuable time helping out someone who HAD no idea, but now HAS a wonderful oppurtunity to get paid what she deserves!:D:D

kingdogol, Jan 26, 2009 IP