1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Article Marketing Sucks, Need Advice

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by AffiliateEsprit7, Jan 25, 2009.

Hey Everyone!

I started with cb two months ago and so far I've marketed mainly using forums and free ads. I know article marketing is powerful but so far my articles have returned nothing!(I take that back I made one sale from an article the other day).

I have 13 live ezinearticles that I wrote myself. They've been up for about a week and a half and here are the stats on them as of right now:

Article Views: 248
    Url Clicks: 33
    Sales: 1

So since my articles are not attracting buyers, I must be doing something wrong. My 2 questions are:

1.) How can I write an article that will receive more visitors?

2.) How can I increase my click thru rate to at least 1/3? (right now it's around 12%)

I've have 6 more articles waiting for approval and I hope they will return better results.

Any response is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance

AffiliateEsprit7, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  2. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) - to write an article that will receive more visitors? I recommend of course doing keyword research - using the Google Adwords Keyword tool. You can also see how many competing websites by putting the "keyword" in quotations in the Google Search Engine Bar to see how many websites are competing. The most important part is to put the keywords in the main title of the article.

2.) To increase click thru rate here's a quick checklist:

• Have the keywords in title
    • Connect to the readers "problem" in the first couple of sentences
    • Have interesting content throughout the article
    • Have a great author's resource box that: Gets their attention, holds their interest, and gets them to call to action

ExpertForumGuy, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  3. mstrait

mstrait Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had pretty good success with article marketing. Here are some things that help me (some of which you probably already know):

1. Include your keyword first in the title and make it a question if you can. For example for the keyword "acne cure", use a title like "Acne Cure: Can You Solve Your Acne Problem Once and for All?", then at the end promote your offer.

2. Try to use keywords and topics that attract people ready to buy. For example, someone with acne who is ready to buy a solution would probably read "Acne Cure: Can You Solve Your Acne Problem Once and for All?". By the time they finish your article, they should be interested in your offer.

But a title like "Acne Cure: What Causes Acne" will probably only attract information seekers.

2. Write short articles but not too short. I find that readers are less likely to click the resource box on articles that are too long. I go for 400 - 450 words per article.

3. Make the resource box a natural part of the article. Make the resource box sound like its the last paragraph.

4. Include a strong call to action in the resource box. Get right to the point and tell people what you want them to do and why they should do it. Give them a GOOD reason to click your link.

5. Make sure your resource box includes your keywords in anchor text. Which basically means your keywords should be a link to your offer.

That's all I can think of now. Hope it helps you.

mstrait, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  4. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Also try to social bookmark your articles.U can just rewrite the same article u submitted to ezine and then submit to other directories having 2 links:: your landing page and link to your ezine article (for link juice).

getjimmy, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  5. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah agreed, rewriting your articles and submitting on different directories, as well as social bookmarking sites will help you to gain good link juice.

Oranges, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  6. chuck_d

chuck_d Peon

Best Answers:
    The advice that has been given here is good ... but also, don't be so hard on yourself and have a little more patience. You made a sale after only a week and a half. Keep cranking out more articles and i bet you see some more sales.

chuck

chuck_d, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  7. Aguila

Aguila Guest

Best Answers:
    Aguila, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  8. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't limit youself to the clickbank products. Try shareasale for this method. (or others) :)

can you share a url?

Your odds aren't too bad. Imagine what you'll do after you triple your efforts and time. It'll pick up. The key is to keep on truckin'. Dont' give up.

In the first few paragraphs here, you can see that the reason so many fail is that they give up too soon.
    online affiliate article marketing

Karen May Jones, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  9. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your niche? Share it and I will give you a list of good keywords.

btw forget that celica guy, he is a blatant spammer.

rolf, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  10. shkad14

shkad14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You arent getting enough views. First, you need to do some keyword research, and work on SEOing your articles to those keywords. Targeting "dog training" isnt going to do much for you. You need to find a long tail phrase to base your article on.

You should have 2x times as many views as you have now. So, start from scratch and find keywords you can rank highly for.

shkad14, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  11. AffiliateEsprit7

AffiliateEsprit7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a million for all of your advice, I really appreciate it.

I have a question regarding the resource box.

After reading your posts, I want to use the resource box to call readers to action, give them a good reason to buy and show them that my product will solve their problem & help them succeed. But what type of resource box is best for this?? What I mean is how should I go about doing this in the resource box??

Here are few examples of the types of resources boxes I'm considering(these are just examples, I'm not actually in the entertainment niche & I'm not promoting movies):

(my site) - 100% Free trial on all your favorite movies online! Download all the movies you want today!

If you want to finally download free movies online, you've come to the right place. Check out (my site) & start downloading any movie you want today!

Now that you've seen how easy it is to get free movies online, take a moment to download them at (my site). (my site) offers the largest selection of movies for free.

Which one is more effective??

A simple "here's my site - here's what we offer", an advertisement type resource box or one that really is part of the article with a soft pitch included??

Any more advice is greatly appreciated!!

AffiliateEsprit7, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  12. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The last 2 looks good to me,here is 1 more format u can think of ..

Its for get your ex back topic

U see the difference ?

getjimmy, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  13. Nr.Se7eN

Nr.Se7eN Peon

Best Answers:
    Don`t worry :) My stats:
    Article(s) Views: 945
    URL Clicks: 139
    Sales: 0

And also I spent ~200$ for articles (not all of them submitted)

For now I have spent around $2000, and earned just $500, because I`m newbie, but I`m learning from my mistakes.

Nr.Se7eN, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  14. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Dude 1 sale off of 13 articles in a week and a half is not that bad. Consider the fact that these articles will be up forever and start writing more. Seeing as how you should be able to easily write 5 or 6 articles in an hour and a sale runs around $35 that's not bad especially when you figure that your articles will make sales for a long time to come. One of my best performing articles was from mid June and it still makes sales.

If you write so slow where it is not worth your time to write a few articles every day then consider outsourcing them, its cheaper than you may think.

wowhaxor, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  15. celicagts188

celicagts188 Member

Best Answers:
    I apologize for including my affiliate link in my earlier post but I'm definitely not a "spammer".

celicagts188, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  16. chuck_d

chuck_d Peon

Best Answers:
    To follow your movie download resource box example, here's a basic problem-solution call to action idea:

If your frustrated and tired of searching all over the net to find movie downloads, then go to mysite . com . Once you check out mysite . com, you will wish you had found it sooner.

chuck

chuck_d, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  17. swissmark

swissmark Peon

Best Answers:
    article marketing is my favorite source of traffic to promote affiliate products.

The advice given by the others is great. I have good success targeting keywords that aren't competitive.
    The most successful keywords I have been targeting are usually description of a problem people have. Put yourself in their mind and solve their problem in the article. Make them hungry to click on the link in the resource box as this will be the ultiate solution to their problem. Once and for all :D

I also check for a keyword density of 1% (no more or ezine will not accept your article). You can check your keyword density at http://www.live-keyword-analysis.com/

swissmark, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  18. andrewblachut@bigpond.com

andrewblachut@bigpond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    ok affiliatesesprit7, heres a big tip.

Are you ready?

Are you sure , you're ready?

I don't know, I'm not getting the feeling you're listening....

OK, here its is. Article marketing still works but get out of the rat race. Start placing good quality unique articles where they do you the most good. Offer to write content for free in exchange for HIGH PR backlinks.

Keep submitting to the better directories and spin every article but keep the really good content for some very high PR site that you personally approach. You will do very well.

JoyGoRound likes this.
  19. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want a higher CTR, examine PPC ads in your niche. That usually is a good source for higher CTR ideas.

Ideastone, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  20. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to try this a few times. Any tips?

Karen May Jones, Jan 28, 2009 IP