1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the benefit of Rss

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by cherie_bah, Jan 16, 2009.

hi

what is the benefit of Rss ??

and does it benefit my website ??

thanx

cherie_bah, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  2. jscowen

jscowen Peon

Best Answers:
    I just answered a similar post...

The way I see it, an RSS feed serves two purposes.

The first purpose is for your visitors to subscribe to your content via an RSS reader. This means whenever new content appears on your site, the content will appear within their RSS reader automatically. The benefit of this is that you have the opportunity to attract visitors back to your site over and over again.

The second purpose is to allow people to republish your content. There is a lot of debate whether this is a good or bad thing. If you promote yourself through the posts then having that content republished means that you get more eyes seeing your content than just on your site - which is a good thing. However it does permit people to steal your content and gain benefit from it for themselves and you get no benefit.

So basically the benefits of an RSS feed should be to help attract return visitors, and possibly get your content more out there.

jscowen, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  3. NinjaWork

NinjaWork Guest

Best Answers:
    Also, with RSS, you can republish news feeds from other sites on your own website. This is good if you want to provide your visitors with news updates. And for SEO, the search engines like sites that update their content, so using RSS is a way to have constantly updating content.

NinjaWork, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  4. Peace4all

Peace4all Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi friend will you tell me how to republish news feed on my site with RSS feed from other site?

Peace4all, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  5. NinjaWork

NinjaWork Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Peace4all,

You can take a look at RSS2HTML which is a free script to republish RSS feeds on your site.

NinjaWork, Jan 25, 2009 IP