1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Few Doubts regarding SEO, Please help

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rogi, Jan 23, 2009.

Hi, I am having few doubts regarding SEO Please help, it would be better if you answer my questions one by one.

1. If I do not keep the contents on home page and put images and banner like "Click to continue.." etc. then will my ranking in SE will suffer...?

2. Do we need to submit and promote blogs to Search Engine? Means if I create a blog on blogspot.com then do I need to submit the blog or will have to do efforts to submit to search engine? or Do I have to make efforts to promote it or only the SE will search it based on keywords and the contents?

3. Backlinks: Which backlink is good. If I create a backlink like www.blablabla123.com or make an hyperlink with some word and insert web address of my site in hyperlink. are both of these same thing for SE or search engine counts only www.blablabla132 like backlinks.?

Thanks In Advance... :)

Rogi, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  2. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Rogi,

Answers to your questions are as follows:

1) See the content is king and on the Home Page it becomes even more important. You can put images on the Home Page but at the same time complement it with the content. Textual content on the Home Page is very important.

2) Submitting blogs, websites, forums or any other thing to search engines is a sheer waste of time as search engines find websites on their own when they found a link pointing to the website.

3) Creating backlinks via anchor text i.e. using the keyword and hyperlinking it to the website is the best option.

Thanks & Regards

shailendra, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  3. Rogi

Rogi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh! Thanks a lot!
    But can u please tell me, Do I never need to submit the website to any search engine. If Yes! they why do they give us the option to "Submit website"?

Cau please give me an example of that.... :)

Rogi, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  4. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi,

please checked below answers of doubts regarding SEO:

1. Created the unique meta tags of Home Page as well as follow the image optimization tactics like as [ put the image name for targeted k/w - web-design.jpg]

2. Blog is very helpful in SEO. but in case used unique content of articles.

3. back links is depend on website's quality and it can helpful in increased the Page Rank.

Alan Smith, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  5. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you never need to submit a website to any search engine. Search sites do provide us the option of submitting the website so that we can tell them about a website but there is always a big backlog for it to happen. Submit your website to webmaster tools, it is much better option.

For backlink example see my signature :)

Thanks

shailendra, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  6. SanDiegoServer

SanDiegoServer Peon

Best Answers:
    DO submit your site, can't hurt and it does work, not as big a backlog as you might think. Your links should be your keywords, like my sig. This is anchor text.

SanDiegoServer, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  7. EricBlackwell

EricBlackwell Peon

Best Answers:
    I would disagree with San Diego server. I have ranked sites all over the place and have not submitted any for YEARS to a search engine.

There are a lot of things that you do because it won't hurt....or can't hurt.

Waste time doing them all and you die poor. Listen to the advice you got in the first couple of responses IMO

Best

Eric

EricBlackwell, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  8. seodetectors07

seodetectors07 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    find the answer for every question below......

1. there is no problem with making banners on the home page but make sure that you are making the banners with text on them to explian the visitors about it......

2. Creating a blog is imp if you consider SEO.....promoting also becomes important......but dont submit to any SE manually...let these SE submit them theirself.........they do when you will submit links to websites which allows submition of a link through one way or the other....

3.. create backlinks through anchor text in the forums or other websites is helpful.......

seodetectors07, Jan 25, 2009 IP