1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is learning from other peoples example a good way to run your own business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by x-termin8or, Jan 23, 2009.

I was wondering what you guys think is better. Is it better to learn how to run a successful business by going out by yourself and doing it - develop your own unique business strategy? Or do you think it is better to learn about business by watching other people's successful example.

I know this website (Bvo - The Business Voice) which has interviews with really famous billionaires and owners of large corporations and they give you advice on how to run your own business, how to develop good leadership skills (some of the advice on being a good boss is really good), how to think creatively in your business, and so on.

But I'm just wondering do you guys think its better to learn from other peoples example or just go out there on your own and learn as you go along (learn from your mistakes, etc)? Which do you think is better? Or maybe a bit of both?

Lemme know your opinions! :D

x-termin8or, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    BOTH. There are a lot of people in the world today reading about successful entrepreneurs & business people and they believe that simply copying them they will be successful too. The harsh reallity is that there isn't enough room in the world for more of the same, so read about, learn from, study and understand what may have made these great people tick and what made them successful. Be inspired.

But more importantly, give it a go yourself, learn from your own mistakes and forge your own path. By doing your own thing you will get a far more reallistic insight into the workings of business and you will have a far better understanding of what works and what doesn't rather than attempting to be just another imitation of person X.

It's OK to keep your head in the clouds but your feet must always stay firmly on the ground.

Hope that helps :)

Lever, Jan 23, 2009 IP
    TomR likes this.
  3. hamik112

hamik112 Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say that I have learned a lot from others, but if you truly want to make big money, then you got to start thinking outside the box and form your own ideas.

hamik112, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  4. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no proven cookie cutter way to build a successful business (no matter what the MLM people tell you), so while there is room to learn from the successes and failures of others, it is also important to take some risks and not be afraid to make mistakes of your own. :)

snarke, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  5. money2e

money2e Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you must do both learning from other successful people will save you tons of time and can really speed up your results.

I use other peoples work almost every day to increase my wealth, it is much easier and faster to learn from someone else that is already successful. The problem is choosing the good from the bad, the necessary from the unnecessary.

Ultimately, you will learn a lot from your own experiences and should develop your own way of doing business.
    I've actually created a free course explaining my business system and encouraging people to develop it into what works for them, by using a flexible and proven approach.

money2e, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I always learned by myself coz i believe that i cannot be the mirror of any successful people.
    Other than that,its almost impossible to duplicate the achievement of the successful people.

mentos, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  7. x-termin8or

x-termin8or Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmm interesting thats for the responses so far!

But then if this were true all them thousands of people selling ebooks and stuff about how to be a millionaire, etc would all be false?... If you couldn't copy some elses system that is. :D

x-termin8or, Jan 24, 2009 IP