1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1and1 down for about 36 hours straight now...

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by pmpod, Jan 22, 2009.

My entire portfolio of domains that I host at 1and1.com has been unavailable now for 36 straight hours. No access to FTP, and their HTML-based webspace explorer shows an entirely empty root folder. After three calls to tech support, the best response I have received is "Sorry for the inconvenience, sir, but there is no estimate on when it will be back up. You will receive an email when it is fixed." I have never experienced more than a 1 hour downtime with ANY host before, and the fact that we are approaching two straight days of downtime without ANY details at all is entirely unacceptable. I generate over $1000 a day in revenues with these domains, so either I get a LONG freaking hosting credit when this is all said and done or I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Anyone else experiencing this, or is it isolated to a small cluster of shared hosting servers? I can't believe it....

pmpod, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  2. revoD

revoD Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, sorry to hear about that. Do you have a backup of the files locally? If so, I would recommend maybe setting up a hosting account with a different hosting company and uploading your files there and changing your DNS to point to the new server. A lot of work, but I would hate to deal with a company that is not responsible enough to have an answer for you after 36 hours...

I have a client being hosted by them and their website is still up and running. It's probably isolated to your server.

revoD, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  3. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Really Sorry to hear about your problems. Get other hosting is great advice.

Guess I will have to change my pet name for them from half&half to something else like nothing&nothing.

Colbyt, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  4. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There support sucks and there plans suck too and thats why I got off. I was only able to recover 2/5 domains from them

Shazz, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  5. Jhar

Jhar Peon

Best Answers:
    Try heading over to webhostingtalk.com and check out their "Providers and Network Outages and Updates" section and see if others are having the same problem. Also agree if you have a backup to get some other hosting set up right away.

Jhar, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  6. mooseweb

mooseweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Just a notice to the OP, doesn't seem like anyone over at WHT is having any trouble. But I would recommend moving your servers immediately.

If you would like some help to look for good providers feel free to PM me, I have a very good amount of websites that I trust; especially for dedicated servers.

mooseweb, Jan 22, 2009 IP