1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Directory Listings - $299

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by zm21, Jan 22, 2009.

For web sites that do not feature adult content or services, the Yahoo! Directory Submit service costs US$299 (nonrefundable) for each Directory listing that is submitted. Furthermore, for each listing accepted into the Directory, there is a recurring annual fee of US$299 to maintain the listing in the Directory for the subsequent year.

I want to submit my site to Yahoo dir but I have some concerns about not being accepted to the directory so that my $299 is going to garbage!

Does someone know the criterias to be accepted to Yahoo dir? Or can you tell me any link which explains how to be accepted to Yahoo paid dir?

Thanks

zm21, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    vansterdam, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  3. Neticule

Neticule Peon

Best Answers:
    I am curious what the benefits of this is? That is quite a lot of money just to appear in a search engine.

Neticule, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  4. jamesplato

jamesplato Active Member

Best Answers:
    the other option is free and just pray you make it in before the end of century :p

jamesplato, Jan 22, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I like that! :) In fact, I pray a lot. My faith must for Yahoo must be low, because so far I've been unable to get my nonprofit site in under the free, noncommercial option for five years now. :(

Jim4767, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  6. Capistrano

Capistrano Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience with Yahoo has been that if you don't pay Yahoo the $299 fee for what they like to call a 7-day review and listing and just make a free submission to them, all they will do is log your website into their data base and then forget about it. It will not appear in their search listings. But if you do pay their $299 fee, Yahoo will place your website somewhere in their search listings, depending upon the popularity of your keywords and how many other competitors you have that got into Yahoo before you did - and that's about all you can expect from your $299.

Capistrano, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  7. Webbguru

Webbguru Peon

Best Answers:
    that $299 fee is kinda steep....yahoo should really drop their prices, they'd make more sales!

Webbguru, Jan 23, 2009 IP