1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama acts quickly, lays out his abortion and gay agenda

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Jan 21, 2009.

1. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I answered both of your questions, just requires a little reading.

Neither life should be treated less than the other, it is my standing that both should be fought for equally.

simplyg123, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  2. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I respect that you have an opinion, but am SOOOO glad there's not many people that share your views! :)

tarponkeith, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  3. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    So it is you then that does not believe an unborn child has an equal right to live? Thats the WOW.

I believe they should be treated equally, you believe the baby should die, and im the bad guy. making some incredible since here

4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'd like to say its sick, but in reality... he's young. He'll grow out of this. Different generation, angry all the time and pissed at the world. In time, he'll grow out of it.

Mia, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  5. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    I don't believe it's a baby until it has higher brain function. The same measure of "life" that was used in the Terry Schievo case.

How old do you think I am?

6. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Well im glad you let definitions that no one can even agree on determine whether a child can have the chance at living and growing into an adult :rolleyes:

7. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying we should go out and abort every baby, but it should be the woman's choice.

Just as I wouldn't want a government telling me to get vasectomy, because it's my body, I don't think they should be interfering with a woman's body.

8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You think a 9-year old child should be forced to carry a rapists sperm to term regardless of the harm it may cause her up to and including death.

I don't agree with that position. That is a decision that should be left to that 9-year old and her parents, not you and certainly not mandated by some law.

browntwn, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  9. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Sorry, didn't realize i had to draw a picture, but my stance is all lives should have equal opportunity to live. For one, I'm not so sure its possible for a 9 year old to have a baby, but if the rare case does exist, then yes, i believe she should at least try to go full term, if serious problems occur that would threaten the 9 year olds life, more than likely it would be later in the term, and the baby could be removed and both lives could be fought for.

Neither the mother or the child's life should be put at risk.

We can do this "what if" crap all day. An innocent child deserves a chance at life, and that's what it boils down to.

10. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    Do you think your wife would say "yes" if you asked, "if you were raped, and impregnated, and the baby was threatening your life, would you risk your life to have the rapist's baby instead of aborting it and saving yourself?"

If your wife says "yes" - congratulations, you found one of the very, very few people that share your views.

If your wife says "no" - congratulations, you're married to a normal person. :)

Either which way, I believe the woman is the most able to make that decision about her own body, and neither you, nor any person in the government should force her to go one way or the other.

11. browntwn

Best Answers:
    It is, and sadly, little girls are raped every day. I do not support any law that would not allow a child in that circumstance to terminate that pregnancy.

tarponkeith likes this.
  12. helloman

helloman Peon

Best Answers:
    you can't have dialogue with rednecks

helloman, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  13. GMROCKS

GMROCKS Active Member

Best Answers:
    I support the OP's views on abortion and homosexuality.

If people really don't want children, don't get to the point of pregnancy! If a 9 year old is raped, the person who did it should be either in jail for life, or "terminated", The baby should be removed prematurely or the like, to try to make it safest for both parties. In a pregnancy it is not the woman's body, it is the woman's and a child's body.

Homosexuality is just lust, I put them in the same category as people who have multiple sexual partners. If you think of it, it sort of defeats the purpose of sexes.

GMROCKS, Jan 22, 2009 IP
    simplyg123 likes this.
  14. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Again with the "What Ifs"

Do you even realize the complications that follow an abortion at 9? Do you realize that your asking this 9 year old to live through not one horrible incident but two? And you could be asking her to give up any possible chance at having her own children, adding even more trauma to the poor kid.

Read the stats, The majority of women that have abortions are effected negatively by that decision, they suffer from numerous mental and some physical illnesses.

Here's the thing. Please read carefully as i am tired of repeating myself.

I said everything possible should be done to save BOTH lives. BOTH. I cant emphasize that enough. Now if the mother is at risk, than they must do everything to see that they both survive.

Depending on the trimester, a fetus can not survive on its own, without the mother, until at least 6 or 7 months, so obviously letting the mother die, is out of the question. The only possible way of trying to save both would be to let the mother live.

What i feel should be done, is a emergency caesarean section to remove the fetus, this allows the mother to live, and the fetus a chance as well, though the fetus will more than likely die, its given an equal chance, and its not murdered. Does this not seem fair to you?

Maybe im wrong, but i believe most life threatening complications happen later in the 3rd trimester, where a fetus has a much better chance on surviving. Making my suggestion, even more reasonable.

15. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Do you realize that there is more than one procedure for an abortion? If one sought to terminate a pregnancy from a rape or incest immediately, many of the 'complications' you mention are not relevant, as aborting a 1 week old pregnancy is not the same as aborting a pregnancy later on after many weeks or months.

You have made your opinion clear.

Luckily, it is just your opinion and no young girl would have to seek your approval before she and her family decide what is best for them.

16. simplyg123

Best Answers:

Are you too blind to see that it is your views that are limiting a life here. Mine do not, In my case, everyone lives, or at least has the opportunity to do so.

Its simple

Abortion = Fetus dies, Mother lives
    No Abortion = Fetus lives, Mother lives

Can i make it any clearer? :rolleyes:

17. browntwn

Best Answers:
    No, your opinion is clear.

As I said, thankfully, your opinion is not relevant and nobody needs to seek your approval. Can I make that any clearer for you?

18. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    To me it seems that making a 9 or 10 year old who was raped(and this does happen) carry a pregnancy to term is worse than terminating a potential life that is probably nowhere near being a conscious being.
    For all the other cases I'm undecided. When life begins is too murky of a subject and too subjective for me to have a real opinion.

LogicFlux, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  19. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Nope its crystal clear...

you don't care if innocent babies die

i got ya :rolleyes:

20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Judging from your attitude, and misunderstanding of past and present realities. I'd guess, 23 or 24.. Early 20's. Nothing wrong with that. Like I said, you'll grow out of it. ;)

Mia, Jan 26, 2009 IP