1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

bounce rate sucks.....

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dbbinod, Jan 21, 2009.

After implementing Google Analytics, within 9 days I came to know that I've 3,327 Visits but bounce rate really sucks, its 71.93%.

How can I decrease the bounce rate?

dbbinod, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. Mikesblank

Mikesblank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easy. Make your site more relevant and quality. Also make sure that what your search engine preview decription and title says, reflects what's actually on the your website.

For instance, you could have the most comprehensive and amazing guide on Cheese, but if your Title and Meta Description is about McDonalds, your bounce rate will be huge since people who clicked through aren't interested in cheese.

Also, there is a chance that you are ranking for keywords that have little relevance to your website. This could be affecting your bounce rate negatively, and at this point is out of your control.

In short,
    - Don't make false claims in your search engine preview
    - Make your site as comprehensive and detailed in your niche as possible. If you only list some aspects of your niche, people will bounce off and leave to another site to find what they're looking for.

Hope that helps,
    Mike

Mikesblank, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. domainbiz

domainbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    You want to compel your visitor to stay as soon as he/she loads the site. Presenting a high quality site straight away packed full of relevant information will make people stay and read your content. I recently did a make over of my main blog and i have found the bounce rate has decreased and the number of visitors coming back to view my content has increased as well.

domainbiz, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  4. Buckyuk

Buckyuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate doesnt always mean what you think...

If a visitor sits on your site for 5 mins, but doesnt click on any further pages on your site, then shuts the window or presses back, its still counted as a bounce.

I noticed when i added adsense to my site the bounce rate went down by about 10% because there was more people clicking through my site.

If you have lots more pages or categories that would make people want to visit another section of your site then your bounce rate should go down.

Basically i wouldnt get too hung up about your bounce rate....

Buckyuk, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  5. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    It's really hard to decrease bounce rate when you get high traffic because you can't control visitors.

Hersheys, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  6. locke

locke Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually that bounce rate is pretty good.. If you want to improve, turn the main article that you are getting traffic for into a series and link them all together.. try to get the reader to keep with the series, tease them like it was a tv show and lead them on :)

locke, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  7. Nancy Kneoteric

Nancy Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    Buckyuk got it right. Even if you have quality content on your landing pages (home page or inner pages) that compels users to stay on it; he/she might leave the page and it would register as bounce. GA would consider any visit as a bounce if the visitor does not navigate further onto other pages of the website or if the session is timed out (if the user stays on a certain page for more than a predefined time).

So apart from capturing user attention you will also have to give them an option to navigate further or perform an action which would eventually take them to a different page. You will therefore have to analyze it on a page to page basis and then add the appropriate call to action (CTA) on each page. This should help you in bringing down the bounce rate.

I cannot suggest anything in particular because you have not shared your website url.

Nancy Kneoteric, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  8. seodetectors07

seodetectors07 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bounce rate tells the number of visitors who came to your website and got bak to seacgh engines for any of the reasons........

seodetectors07, Jan 22, 2009 IP