1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama acts quickly, lays out his abortion and gay agenda

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Jan 21, 2009.

It didn't take long for President Barack Hussein Obama to move his social issues to the top of his to-do list. His agenda can be found here, taken directly from the White House home page.

This is only the beginning of Obama's plans to reshape society. His view is that unborn babies aren't worth protecting and that homosexuals deserve special rights.

Now, not later, is the time to let President Obama know that you oppose his efforts. People like you who oppose taking the life of the unborn and who oppose giving special rights to those who practice of perverted sex need to take action now!

It is time to ask your friends and family who have not been engaged to get involved. This is not the time to quit. It is a time to act! Our children and grandchildren are counting on us!

Take Action!

• Send an e-mail to President Obama by CLICKING HERE. It will go directly to the White House.
    • Please forward this to your family and friends so they can read about Obama's priorities.

simplyg123, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. intrinzik

intrinzik Peon

Best Answers:
    Abortion is something I don't believe is right. I'll stand by you on that all day but Gays should have equal rights. I don't agree with same-sex marriage but I do feel full civil unions should be allowed. Marriage is mostly a religious institution where as civil unions aren't but you get the same benefits. Also im on the edge about allowing gays to adopt; not because I think it would be hurtful to a child but because of the harassment they child may endure growing up.

Also please refrain from calling gay sex "perverted". Someone who has consentual sex with another person has nothing to do with your life at all. You didn't choose to be straight just like some didn't choose to be gay.

intrinzik, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I pretty much agree with everything you said except the last part. When one turns to the opposite sex for mere immoral pleasure, it is perverted, disgusting and wrong. I don't care what they do in their private lives, but i have kids, and making this OK in the public eye is not something i want my children to witness. And i should have the right to determine what my kids are becoming susceptible to.

So in fact, when one person has consentual sex with the opposite sex it DOES have something to do with my life.

tbarr60 likes this.
  4. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    yes our children and grand children are those the children who all voted for obama? what special rights are you talking about or is it another obama mocking statement with no real fact behind it? lets see gays had special rights under Bush but the law passed to ban gay marriage and obama backs the gay marriage ban and says a marriage should be between a woman and a man and who are you to decide if a woman can have her baby or not? are you the one carrying the womb? a woman has the right to choose during the early stages of pregnancy about keeping the baby or not.

phpwnes, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  5. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more. I was warning about this on my blog. But people failed to listen to all those who had ligitimate concerns with this mans morality.

Rep added.

worldman, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  6. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Our children and grandchildren voted for a man that promises change. Change needed to strengthen the economy and foreign relations, not change to make it ok for a man and another man to participate in a religious act that in its own denounces homosexuality. Not change to make it OK to kill innocent babies! Its a slap in the face to almost every religion and human being in the world.

Who am i to say woman can or cannot keep a baby? I have a better question...Who are WE to decide that a baby should DIE!

As civilized beings it seems to me one should trump the other

7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Social conservatives will be left behind. Social conservative ideas are out-dated and useless in modern society.

I'm glad to hear that Obama is going to take positive action on these issues. The government has no place restricting the choices of women and certainly there is no place for discrimination against homosexuals! *Thumbs Up*

Zibblu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
    micksss likes this.
  8. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    But we do have a place to kill innocent babies? I'm flip floppy to a point on homosexual issues, but no one will ever convince me that abortion is OK, for any reason. There are other options, to allow an innocent child to live, murder should not be one of them.

9. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sarah Silverman captured the essence of hysteria like this in a recent episode. Sarah fell in with a group of abortion protesters because they said that they were killing babies at the clinic.

When she found out they were protesting abortion, she said, "but I thought you were against killing babies! Why, that's just a fetus..."

A failure to make such distinctions is a sign of a primitive mind.

Hurray for President Obama and I hope you all find something meaningful to worry about.

amanamission, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  10. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you'd like to see on your sons or daughters birth certificate Parent 1 and Parent 2 instead of Mother and Father as many gays are lobbying for.

worldman, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    A fetus is not a baby. You don't get to tell women what they get to do with their bodies. End of story. This is over, your side lost. Move on.

Who cares? I don't care what it says. How does such a triviality effect my life in any real way? Stop worrying about what other people are doing in their private lives. Live your own life.

Zibblu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  12. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Then lets replace baby with child. A fetus is still a child, a product of a man and woman, please understand the following

Child:

a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age;

A son or daughter; An unborn or young person, a minor, especially one who has not yet entered into puberty;

Regardless of how you define the term. The fact of the matter is, a fetus is a living human being. PERIOD

13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Nope. It's not. A living human being lives on their own, not inside another human being's body. Huge distinction there.

Zibblu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  14. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    OK, now your stepping outside of scientific terminology just to make your point. Now human fetuses aren't Humans. :rolleyes:

I assure you if a fetus resides within a human body, unless there's been some weird stuff going on with the host, the fetus is human

15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Simplyg is one of these fanatics who insists that legislation is implemented to force everyone to abide by his religions primitive and narrow-minded rules.

Human fetuses aren't humans simplyg, That's why they are called fetuses. Removing a collection nondescript cells is no different to using contraception, And i'm sure you don't want to outlaw condoms, Though i wouldn't be surprised if you did. Consult your priest to find out more regarding what your opinion on that should be.

stOx, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  16. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    StOx, i am no fanatic. I just do not see abortion as the best answer. Everyone says, what gives me the right to tell a woman she has to have a baby. When the real question is What gives anyone the right to deny a child the chance to live. You don't believe in God, but you sure seem to want to play the role.

Let me ask you, who dies when a woman keeps an unwanted child? No one right? Who dies when there is an abortion involved?

Wouldn't the most reasonable solution be to let all parties live?

The mind must look past definitions and terminology, its irrelevant. A fetus, becomes a living breathing person. A sperm on the other hand can not do this on its own, neither can an egg, but together, they form a fetus, which can.

As for my religious beliefs, i currently have no religion, maybe agnostic at the moment. I believe in a creator, but i don't know anything other than that. To me, at this time in my life its all a mystery.

My views are merely the most reasonable conclusion that I have made on my own. I'm sorry if anyone has a problem with that.

I do not have a problem with condoms, and most forms of birth control, but when it come to the point, to literally killing an unborn child, a fetus, what ever you want to call it. I have a problem. Is that so unreasonable?

17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    An abortion isn't the best answer, But that still doesn't make the fetus a human. I am personally against abortions and wouldn't want my girlfriend having one, It's a negation of responsibility. But a fetus still isn't a human being and i can't determine what other people are allowed to do based on my personal choices. The most i am entitled to do is make decisions for myself, As is everybody else.

Nobody dies. What happens in an abortion is a collection of cells is prevented from developing into a viable, functioning human. Stopping cells from developing isn't killing anyone.

It's unreasonable because your conclusion isn't based on sound science. If your argument was that more research should be done to make a more informed decision as to the time limit when an abortion can be carried out i would agree 100%, But to be against abortion because you assume that a human being is created the second that an egg is fertilised is illogical and not supported by any kind of evidence, it's just your uninformed assumption. And we can't legislate based on your personal views and uninformed assumptions regarding embryology.

stOx, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  18. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    At the point of feritlization, the DNA is set and life is present. So at what point between second number one and second number 23,328,000 (9 months later), does Stoxgod proclaim that life begins?

But we can legislate based on your personal views and uninformed assumptions regarding embryology?

tbarr60, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  19. 23 Skiddoo

23 Skiddoo Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey man. Everytime you eat something, it's my fucking business. I don't want my kids thinking its okay to eat that shit.

23 Skiddoo, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  20. simplyg123

Best Answers:

Im not arguing the terminology, its pointless, a fetus has everything required to become a human. Which puts it on a separate level. Killing a fetus, is killing a early staged human, plain and simple.

Every human child is a collection of developing cells, if i kill an 8 year old, I'm preventing a collection of cells from developing. Its the same thing.

It doesn't take sound science to determine that killing a live being is wrong. It only takes a reasonable mind. And like i said, who cares about the terminology. Killing a fetus, is killing a human it its early stages.