1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter - Who uses it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jon1771, Jan 21, 2009.

Hello Everyone,

I have been aware of twitter for quite a while and knew there was potential there to help me to advertise the launch of our new company, but how many people use it?

Also, has anyone found it a very good promotional tool?

I would love to have a few more followers, at the moment I have a measly 6, so anyone interested in following our companies progress please got to: http://twitter.com/GigaNu

Would like to hear peoples feedback on this.

Cheers

Jon1771, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ahkip, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. jonathon

jonathon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used it for a few days now, still don't know what the hell i am doing yet! :eek:

jonathon, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  4. proxywhereabouts

proxywhereabouts Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The thing with Twitter is, you need to follow others and then others will follow you. Grasp that concept and I'm sure you will be successful in your marketing.

Also, there are many ways of automating tweeting. Such as automatically follow people who follow you, automatically send message like below to new follower.

Hi and thanks for following me on Twitter. You can also see what I'm upto on my site www.minmu.net & www.webcheckerpro.com

Aizal / proxywhereabout

--
    follow me at http://twitter.com/proxywhereabout
    reply on the web at http://twitter.com/direct_messages/create/proxywhereabout
    send me a direct message from your phone or IM: D PROXYWHEREABOUT your message here.
    turn off these email notifications at: http://twitter.com/account/notifications

I use TweetLater for above message.
    If you want to learn more, read these articles.
    http://www.dirtbagmarketing.com/Twitter_Tutorial.html
    http://www.twitip.com/keep-track-of-your-twitter-followers-and-have-a-clean-inbox-in-gmail/
    http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2008/11/looking-for-m-1.html
    http://www.google.com.my/search?q=h...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

proxywhereabouts, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  5. Crazymik3

Crazymik3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've become a very avid Twitter user. (Or tweeter?)
    None the less, it has someone helped in promoting launches a little bit. However, my follower count needs to be exponentially greater for it to have much of an effect.

Either way, you can check me out @mikerice

Crazymik3, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  6. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am now following all of you guys, I only registered about 2-3 hours ago so I am not doing too badly! What is the best twitter application for the iphone?

Jon1771, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  7. Crazymik3

Crazymik3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that your updates are protected, you might want to undo that, as people will never even be able to see you in the twitter search.

Crazymik3, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  8. hunterjunk

hunterjunk Peon

Best Answers:
    hunterjunk, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  9. loai24

loai24 Peon

Best Answers:
    same dunno why ppl find it so great.. i think its very over rated...

loai24, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  10. dota

dota Banned

Best Answers:
    I use it also for drive traffic.
    is it okay to post twiter link here?

dota, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  11. Guttu

Guttu Peon

Best Answers:
    Guttu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  12. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use it only as a marketing tool.

dmi, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  13. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can see the potential for our company if we use it, its just hard getting alot of followers!

Jon1771, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  14. Guttu

Guttu Peon

Best Answers:
    Not difficult if you update with some humor and good links. And it's just the start you need. Once you pass 100 it becomes easier. I passed 1000+ followers just in a month. I didn't do anything great of used special tips. Just updated it with some humor.

Guttu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  15. sammyspam

sammyspam Active Member

Best Answers:
    ive had an on and off fling with that, never really got into it though.

sammyspam, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  16. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a great marketing tool. If you know how to use it. Its fun too @arulprakash

silent_thunder, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  17. pavan6993

pavan6993 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont use twitter but from past few days i am hearing it more!
    So let me try it!

pavan6993, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  18. Cian

Cian Guest

Best Answers:
    I never quite caught on with it. I use a more local Irish one (called Tweet) occasionally when I get bored.

Cian, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  19. webartsense

webartsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Though money is the ultimate aim of building any website or settlement of any profession, the establishment of Twitter was not for this reason. Now it’s a common eagerness in almost everyone to know how Twitter can earn funds easily. Nowadays, everyone wants to make on the universal arena, the main question takes place “Can we get good friends through paying for them?” “Would Twitter charge from us for friends?”

Now Twitter is going to offer its wonderful services to make friends from all over the world through paying for them procedure. To begin such an excited service, Twitter is firm to build some suggestions adequate high-flying in the user knowledge. Moreover, it’s going to improve the excellence of free-of-cost references. Though these references are not able to attract all users in present conditions, they would prove amazing for them with the passage of time. The concept of providing service to make friends on behalf of some charges lets user think what is special in this offer?

In fact, folks don’t have so much time to stay anymore to find out the reasons why they should go with Twitter to make friends on a charging process. However, Twitter can prove a good platform for bloggers to search new friends for new scopes. In present times, Twitter has become more and more popular and so, the idea of making money through paying for friends doesn’t look a source of riches. In fact, people should think differently and special about this wonderful step of Twitter that is taken for sake of people.

Moreover, time will disclose what the new step of Kevin Thau brings for users! We can only hope for the best and expect something an exciting model in coming time that is not far from us. It’s also a great point to think whether people would like to spend some money in seeking friends while they can make friends without paying anything. Since the twitter is a renowned service provider, which takes care of users’ interests rather than its own. It can be anticipated that new launch in friendship field will also be rocking and advantageous for people who are regular visitors of the site.

Lastly, it’s not a good idea to pay for friends and I don’t think that Twitter has any sense of making money behind the new plan. So, it would be better to wait and watch the results that would be visible for everyone in coming times!

webartsense, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  20. manzoD15

manzoD15 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a twitter account, but I rarely use it. May be because I find it too boring without those graphic thingy I love in the usual social networking sites.

manzoD15, Jan 22, 2009 IP