1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Arabs: Israel ammo in Gaza had depleted uranium

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ST12, Jan 19, 2009.

Arabs: Israel ammo in Gaza had depleted uranium

VIENNA, Austria – Arab nations accused Israel on Monday of blasting Gaza with ammunition containing depleted uranium and urged the International Atomic Energy Agency to investigate reports that traces of it had been found in victims of the shelling.............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090119/ap_on_re_eu/eu_nuclear_israel_gaza

Why the chosen ones do such things? God bless them, but why the need for so much destruction?
    I've read today that over 20,000 buildings have been severely damaged.
    And over 4,000 buildings destroyed.

The complains about the Hamas rockets hitting Israel has done almost symbolic damage to Israel, of course I don't approve it, but it looks more and more to me that Israel's agenda is not to punish Hamas, but to exterminate the Palestinians from their homes, and to prevent them from ever creating their own country.

As far as I know God is Love, not brutality and barbarity and again if the Jews are the chosen ones is that what God really wants from them that Israel keeps destroying its neighbors, keeps killing the "bad guys" together with everyone in their homes, or if in the streets together with the bystanders?
    Isn't it time that the whole world condemns Israel's actions and put economic and political embargo on Israel until they start behaving like most other counries?
    Isn't it time the Israel be forced to pay for the damages they did in Gaza, so we can have some form of justice?

Isn't it time to put the brakes on a country which is openly racist (according to the UN) and has been violating the basic human rights of the Palestinians for decades?

I think Christians should stand for the ones who are weak, poor, mistreated, and discriminated against.
    A lot of Christian pretenders would bring all sort of stories and claims, about how bad the Palestinians are, and that, that the Jews are taking back the land that God gave them.
    I can dispute that in a simple way. If God gave that land to them to be theirs forever how come they lost it long ago?
    IMO God gives His blessing, but you have to play by His rules to have it, and if you don't you lose it.
    May God bless the Jews and everyone else to correctly understand the will of God and do it which often is "don't do things to others which you don't want done to you."

ST12, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  2. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very unfortunate what happened, and but at least it's over, for now

shahab6, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The actual article is pretty interesting. Your first post hardly does the story any justice.

VIENNA, Austria – Arab nations accused Israel on Monday of blasting Gaza with ammunition containing depleted uranium and urged the International Atomic Energy Agency to investigate reports that traces of it had been found in victims of the shelling.

In a letter on behalf of Arab ambassadors accredited in Austria, Prince Mansour Al-Saoud, the Saudi Ambassador, expressed "our deep concern regarding the information ... that traces of depleted uranium have been found in Palestinian victims."

A final draft of the letter was made available to The Associated Press on Monday. It urgently requested IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei to "carry out a radiological and physical assessment in order to verify the presence of depleted uranium in the weaponry used by Israel ... in the Gaza Strip."

Officials at the Israeli mission to the IAEA said they were in no position to comment without having seen the letter.

IAEA spokeswoman Melissa Fleming confirmed receipt of the letter and said a response might be issued later in the day.

The letter — which spoke of "medical and media sources" as the origin of its allegations — appeared to be alluding to health concerns related to depleted uranium but the effects of exposure to the substance are unclear.

An IAEA article on the issue says that while the substance "is assumed to be potentially carcinogenic ... the lack of evidence for a definite cancer risk in studies over many decades is significant and should put the results of assessments in perspective."

Still, says the article, "there is a risk of developing cancer from exposure to radiation emitted by ... depleted uranium. This risk is assumed to be proportional to the dose received."

It is not the first time Israel has been accused of using ordnance containing depleted uranium, which makes shells and bombs harder and increases their penetrating power. The Israeli army declined comment. But the U.S. and NATO have used uranium-depleted rounds in Bosnia and Iraq.

According to the World Health Organization, the weapons are lightly radioactive, though "under most circumstances, use of DU will make a negligible contribution to the overall natural background levels of uranium in the environment."

But researchers have suspected depleted uranium may be behind a range of chronic symptoms suffered by veterans of the 1990-91 Gulf War. Some of the symptoms include memory and thinking problems, debilitating fatigue, severe muscle and joint pain, depression, anxiety, insomnia, headaches and rashes.

Syria, which is being investigated by the Vienna-based agency for alleged secret nuclear activities, says traces of uranium found by IAEA experts at a site bombed by Israel jets Sept. 6, 2007 likely came from bombs or missiles used by the Israelis.

The Israelis have denied using such weaponry in that raid, and on Monday two diplomats accredited to the IAEA and familiar with its Syria investigations told the AP that the agency has virtually ruled out Israeli munitions as the source of the uranium. They asked for anonymity for discussing confidential information.

The IAEA investigation is based in part on intelligence from the U.S., Israel and a third, unidentified country, alleging that the bombed site was a nearly completed nuclear reactor built with North Korean help and meant to produce plutonium — which can be used as the payload of nuclear weapons.

The uranium traces were revealed by an analysis of environmental samples collected by IAEA experts during a visit to the site, in a remote part of the Syrian desert. Since that initial trip in June 2008, Syria has refused or deflected requests for follow up inspections both to the site and others allegedly linked to it.

browntwn, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  4. Realm

Realm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Their will be justice someday dude...not by us for the least

Realm, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  5. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there will.
    I hope that day comes soon :)

DevilHellz, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  6. TopNotchServices

TopNotchServices Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We all wait for their come-uppance. The mighty shall fall as they say.

TopNotchServices, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  7. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Christian pretenders will alway find an excuse to justify killings....
    The proof they are just acting like Christians is that they don't follow the 10 commandments.
    The 10 commandments though clearly say:...
    "You shall not kill."

I am the Lord your God
    .........4 Honor your father and mother
    5 You shall not kill*

6 You shall not commit adultery
    You shall not steal*** 8
    You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor 9
    You shall not covet your neighbor's wife 10
    You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments#Text_of_the_Ten_Commandments

Christian pretenders do a lot of blah, blah and have become true masters of it, but God knows what is in their hearts and minds.

According to the 10 commandments and they without any symbolism say what one should do to have God on his side. "You shall not kill." Clearly states that war is not an option, and is against the will of God.
    Now Christian pretenders twist the will of God like there is some sort of "lawful killing" so they can justify their evil desires to kill those who they hate or dislike.... They have twisted the commandment "You shall not kill" to "
    You shall not commit murder."
    Why are they doing that? I don't have other explanation, but giving in to evil desires.

It is easier to kill your enemy, and much harder not to kill your enemies, but to show them Love and forgivness instead.
    I am talking here what a main stream Christianity should be, not about the extreme exceptions in which ordinary people may/or should react.

ST12, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  8. iWrite

iWrite Peon

Best Answers:
    Look, people will always find ways of justifying killing, no matter their religion, as I think all say not to kill. Of course it isn't right, but it's in human nature to justify everything we do. The Muslim extremists (notice extremists! I'm not talking about Muslims in general) are doing the exact same thing as the Crusaders did. Killing in the name of God (Allah). Killing isn't right period, but you can't just get that through some peoples' heads, so you what people do when the other people won't accept that killing is wrong? Kill them. It's just a stupid cycle of killing.

iWrite, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  9. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im christian and i refuse to justify this kind of slaughter at all. By the way the true commendment isnt thou shalt not kill, its though shalt not murder, and im very sure that the torah has something like this also as do almost all religions on earth. the saudis are making payment for the destroyed houses but no one can bring back the slaughtered palestinians women and kids, and the isreali soldiers that died in this operation.
    My god watch over the souls of the dead:(

pingpong123, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  10. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/europeCrisis/idUSLJ686914

How come this didn't catch your attention, comrade? Perhaps you could start 6 different threads about this, pasting the same but STfied news and depressive titles. Ya know, "Christians should stand for the ones who are weak, poor, mistreated, and discriminated against."

LeoSeo, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  11. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's being discussed in this thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1197498

Please share your thoughts there. I don't know much about the situation myself.

amanamission, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  12. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:

Oooh, LeoSeo sooo pathetic comment................

"...... Stanislav Markelov, who acted for the family of Elza Kungayeva, had opposed the early release this month of a Russian officer who was jailed for her murder........"
    The attorney for the girl was a Russian if you haven't noticed. So the Russians do defend the chechens, I know your pain that Russia has kicked your country in the past and now you're mad at them, but the Chechens like it or not in a poll over 90% of them voted to stay with Russia. Another thing, as far as i remember Turkey did train some Chechen terrorist didn't she?

You as a turk should focus probably on the human rights abuses in your country, especially in regards to the Kurds. The Kurdish women often get raped in Turkish jails ....

Anyway, the ones that are greatly abused now are the Palestinians, no matter as a Turk you like them or not. 370 Children have been killed and IMO most of them intentionally, because when Israely soldiers bomb a building to kill a Hamas member they know there are civilians in the building and that with one Hamas member, who BTW could be only a traffic cop not a person shooting rockets in Israel, they kill the children, women and men who never fired a single shot at anybody.
    I know your intention to take any opportunity to fire a shot at the Russians, and for you as for people like gtech and browntown the Russians are guilty by default.

ST12, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  13. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hehehe xD This wasn't even aimed at Russia. If we put aside your lack of knowledge regarding Turk-Russian wars implying it was a 1 side balanced conflict in its millenia history and throughout dozens of encounters, the news was intended to show your real face. It took no more than our, Jesus praising, peace-loving, "love thy neighbour" ST12 quickly adapted his angry kid attitude in the slighest critism towards a Russian problem. You need to be persistent with your positions, and avoid these attempts to manipulate people through religion, Jesus or any other prophet are not tools for enforcing your personal agenda, that's a shameful attempt. Even when your cause is right, like this Palestinian problem, you make it very difficult to get people agree with you. Before you make any other random chauvenistic non-sense comment of yours in bold letters!!!!!, think about it.

LeoSeo, Jan 21, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  14. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    LoeSeo,

You are missing the point in this thread. "...Israel ammo in Gaza had depleted uranium. "
    If you want something else to be duscussed, just open a new threat please.

I am trying to defend the ones who are subject to inhumane treatment (for decades) and against who a great number of war crimes have been committed just a few days ago who have been bombed with shell containing depleted uranium, but you decided to talk about a criminal case in Russia. (I am really sorry I couldn't stop that criminal in Russia for commiting that crime, if that will make you feel better.)

But I can voice my opinion on crimes against humanity committed just a few days ago against almost 1.4mln people, and even today I've read an article that Israelis are shooting at civilians in Gaza.
    Hundreds of thousands in Gaza have no clean water, no running water, not enough food, electricity etc.

ST12, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  15. mohamedd

mohamedd Active Member

Best Answers:
    patience is a virtue my friends. Israels time will come. Israel can never rise on their own feet alone Israel is nothing with out the U.S. and is more then abusing the freedom of weapons that the UN has allowed them.

At least Bush mustered some strength to stand up and say no when they requested to bomb Iran's nuclear facility. Other wise hes pretty much been their slave. Of course at this moment in time i think even Bush understood that Uncle Sam is tired of invading the middle east.

mohamedd, Jan 22, 2009 IP