1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta Tags??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Priti, Jan 20, 2009.

Hello All,

We create meta tags for each and every page of the website. We target our main keywords to important web pages. But what about the following pages:

• About us
    • Careers
    • Contact us

Do we need to create meta tags for these pages as well? If yes, then can we put home page meta tag for these pages or we need to create totally different meta tags?

Please guide.

Priti, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  2. vickyseo09

vickyseo09 Banned

Best Answers:
    i think yes you also create meta tags for all pages like contact us, about us, careers, terms & conditions etc....

vickyseo09, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  3. rai123

rai123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create the metas. But target the pages with the same name. For about us page, you can use your company name in the title.

rai123, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  4. nicolusden

nicolusden Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah you must create meta tags for those pages also.....

nicolusden, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  5. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Creating on those pages are still important. But they don't weigh much on search engine rankings. Anyway, focus to your homepage :) Just make sure every page of your site have unique metas.

JessieJames27, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  6. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    Any keyword u can use in it as meta tag. But better use the same to increase dencity and also work with page title its very important

rena, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  7. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seems sensible - I use our About Us page to target our company name, which frees up our home page to target our real keywords.

jj1, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  8. Nancy Kneoteric

Nancy Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    As far as my knowledge goes, Google for long as not considered meta tags as a ranking factor. However other search engines might still use it as a ranking factor and for the same reason it is always suggested to have them.

Meta 'description' in particular plays a crucial role in organic click-through and should be treated as a sales copy - compelling enough make searchers click on your listing.

"About us" is an important page because prospective clients would like to know about the company before they sign-up. So use the tags accordingly. You can do away with the tags "contact us" page. I wouldn't want that page to rank in the first place. Nobody is ever gonna land on the contact us page and fill up the form. He/she would like to know more to make the decision. Careers - well again I would say that you should use the tag accordingly.

Nancy Kneoteric, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  9. jefftipps

jefftipps Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use meta tags on all pages but not use specific product or service keywords, i would probably stick to company name and some of the more general keyphrases of what your company is about, leave the specific terms to your main product / service pages.

jefftipps, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  10. bruce_robart

bruce_robart Member

Best Answers:
    you must have to create meta tag on that page so it will good for you website optimization..

bruce_robart, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  11. onlineshine

onlineshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah..Create Meta Tags to contact us, about us etc as Home Page. It would be helpful if you could add the tags relevant to the content in the page.

onlineshine, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  12. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi

i suggest to used unique meta tags for each and every web pages of the website. Also please created the meta tags for contact us, about us etc as Home Page....

Alan Smith, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  13. Priti

Priti Peon

Best Answers:
    What the major reasons behind having unique meta tags for each and every page of the website? What happen if I am having same to same meta tags for some of my web pages of the website?

Priti, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  14. sprabhu

sprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    use them in a way like

* About us - then company name
    * Careers - Careers at company name
    * Contact us - you can use keyword link contact address, phone no, your company name

especially in case of About us page, if it is full of content, you can also use optimize it in ranking. porfolio and about us are two main important pages of a website that can convert a visitor into lead for the business.

sprabhu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  15. stephnbryan

stephnbryan Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    meta tags is very important for all these pages ....
    For about us page, use your company name in the title.
    For contact us page, you can use your Keyword-then contact us in the title.
    <title></title>
    <meta name= "description" content= />

<meta name= "keywords" content= />

stephnbryan, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  16. ravibsl

ravibsl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Priti,

Yes, it is important that your website each and every pages should well optimized. Now the matter is about About us, Careers, Contact us pages, so i would suggest you optimize all the pages say Careers page:

Example: Your Company is an IT Company based in Delhi NCR, then you can optimize your page like: Opening/ Vacancies : SEO, Web Designer , .Net Developer, PHP Developer Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon.

IF you optimize your career page this way so i hope it will help you to increase you visitor in organic search and your website popularity.

Now i hope you understand the main point to optimize the rest pages.

Cheers!!

ravibsl, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  17. seodetectors07

seodetectors07 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well you can optimize your other pages like about us etc but it depends upon you and you can add different meta tags for these pages as well

seodetectors07, Jan 22, 2009 IP