1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Too many links in too short time :(

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mads, Jan 21, 2009.

Hi,

I have been link building one of my sites, but I'm afraid I have been a bit to active and gathered too many links in too short time.

Two weeks ago my site ranked as number 15 for a very competitive keyword, but now it's ranking as number 110-120 :(

I got around 20/links month until last month where I went a bit crazy and gathered 300-400 links.

Will the penalty (if any) be temporary or will it last forever :eek:

Thanks, Mads

mads, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    the penalty will be temporary but it will take some time.but how did you build 300-400 backlinks in one month?

shailendra, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    its not a problem and this much links is not much diff to build bcz i have arounf 1000+ post in DP, me change sig for my new site will get at least quarter of it....
    Also this type of varying is naturel until for few month say 6 Months.. So better keep building BL until get good position....

rena, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  4. Nancy Kneoteric

Nancy Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    The forgot a basic principal - link building is a natural process and should look so with the exception of viral content or content that go "hot" on social media websites. We are lead to believe that Google can effectively differentiate between them so we have to assume that drop in rankings has something to do with large number of links being built. However you will have to look at other changes you have done to your website.

Also, it might just be a temporary flux and worth waiting to see if it is so.

Nancy Kneoteric, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  5. jefftipps

jefftipps Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a Google penalty for the sudden influx of inbound links.

Any attempt to gain inbound links needs to be done carefully so that it looks natural and not a deliberate mass attempt to gain PR.

1) Try to keep the number of new inbound links to a fairly consistent level i.e. so many per week or month.

2) Try and obtain deep links to all areas of the website rather than all to the home page which again, could look like a deliberate link building campaign.

3) Try and get variations on the anchor text being used to link to your site, hundreds of links all with the same anchor text all hitting the same page doesn't look natural.

jefftipps, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  6. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not difficult, just go to the link sale/services forum here and spend some money :D

mads, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  7. bruce_robart

bruce_robart Member

Best Answers:
    your problem is done coz of google flash effect so wait for 5 to 10 days it ranking will be back soon

bruce_robart, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  8. vikyshine

vikyshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, wait some time and it will be back or it might some loss of links like removal of your links....Check it, whether your links are still on the place...

vikyshine, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  9. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Have you been spamming forums or social media websites? You might have been submitting your sites to one single domain.. and Google doesn't like it. :)

Try this strategy. Do your keyword research.. Find like 20 - 30 long tail keywords that will potentially drive traffic to your niche website. Then use Hubpages and Squidoo to get deep links to your domain. Get links to all pages on your website (not just your homepage) It works!

Build 2 Squid Pages -- and have them linked from 10 - 20 hubpages with anchor text links. Do the same for your domain from the same hubpages and Squidoo lenses. You'll thank me for sharing this. :)

evelinawilliams007, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    build lots of blogs, hosted n free hosts. Populate them automatically ('autoblogging'). Make sure you use state of the art software so the content is both unique and readable. Don't configure any blog to post more than once every couple of days, and don';t have more than 2 or 3 links in your content. And make the links deep links, too.

contentboss, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  11. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have been thinking about this myself. Can you recommend any software?

mads, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  12. dallas574

dallas574 Banned

Best Answers:
    It will only be temporary

dallas574, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  13. Jihoy

Jihoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever hit you get, it will only be temporily. If 300 directories submission can tank someone's ranking, then people can just tank their competitors in literally in 10 minutes using one of those submission softwares.

Jihoy, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  14. stephnbryan

stephnbryan Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry dear, You know GOOGLE dance...????? it is temporary and soon your ranking will be same as previous..I also face this type of problem many time..

stephnbryan, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  15. sprabhu

sprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    You should also keep in mind the choose different anchor text as well.
    Getting too many link is bad for seo in short period

sprabhu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  16. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's just temporary. Google is frequently updating you may rank higher today then fluctuate the next day.

Hersheys, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  17. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.bloggerhigh.com

has a good free ebook all about autoblogging

contentboss, Jan 22, 2009 IP
    mads likes this.
  18. NancyLopez

NancyLopez Banned

Best Answers:
    hi,

it depends on what you did.

If you build many links in short span of time then the age of you domain is only 1 to 4 months, probably google will hurt you.

there are too many cases why google sometimes hit our ranking in search engine.

Also depends on how you build links to your site.

NancyLopez, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  19. locke

locke Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your point about deep links is very important, if you are in a niche like mine that is very competitive there's no way you'll get to the top quickly so deep links are great for building alternate keywords that will generate traffic in the meantime.. keep heading towards the major goal but focus on alternate goals as well...

locke, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  20. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. I have build deeplinks using social bookmarking. How have you done?

mads, Jan 22, 2009 IP