1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Obama Go Down as Real Legend in History Books?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by seoindia, Jan 19, 2009.

?

Will Obama Go Down as most powerful leader in past 50 years?

1. Yes he will.

46.2%
  2. He is just average.

19.2%
  3. No, You got to be kidding.

34.6%
  1. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the messiah needs to be given time, turning around the absolute disaster that Bush created over the last eight years is going to take some doing. :confused:

Let's see how our lord and saviour gets on. :)

AGS, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that most liberals and conservatives will list Reagen above most of the other presidents in the last 50....

d16man, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that it is waaay too early to determine exactly what kind of a President Obama will be. All we can do is guess. But it is already clear that his financial, military, and spending policies are all Conservative. But that's O.K., because Liberals don't mind if someone they like, lies right at them.

I think that it's clear that, since the day after the election, Pelosi certainly set herself up as Obama's opposition and there is a power struggle against Obama. And with Ted Kennedy, Obama's political "patron", out of the picture, Obama has a problem. Plenty has already been written about this.

What Obama REALLY has going for him is that if he keeps his valuable popularity, he can confidently go directly to the American people to make his case. He is going to need that because four years from now, Gitmo will still be open in Cuba, the federal government will have done nothing about gay marriage, and US Armed Forces will still be in Iraq. And I think that to secure the State of Israel, Obama is going to go after those ugly evil Hamas bastards with a real passion, even if it leads to Iran. (it's a given that Iran's nuclear activities are going to be bombed with the wrath and fury of God's own thunder).

My GUESS is that Obama could be a great Conservative Presidents. If Pelosi is removed as Speaker, and if he can secure a lasting peace in Iraq, he can become one of our GREATEST Presidents.

Corwin, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  4. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He will go down in history as the greatest President ever...thanks to the media.

worldman, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Obviously Obama will be a very famous President due to being the first black President elected. What I hope for our country is that the fact that he's the first black President becomes a footnote compared to all of the great things he helps our country to accomplish in the next 8 years. That's what really matters of course. What he accomplishes as President. I have confidence in him because I think he's a very intelligent leader who has very good intentions. I also think he has a real drive and determination to succeed. He's basically the very opposite of George W. Bush in every way. Exactly what our country needs right now.

Zibblu, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody doubted that Bush had good intentions - it was flawed in it's execution (case in point: L. Paul Bremmer and Iraq)

But, you've got to give Bush credit - G.W. Bush proved that you can ignore popularity polls while successfully achieving your agenda and legislation.. Or maybe, as Jon Stewart says, "the Democrats were too gutless to stop him"

Face it - G.W. Bush got almost everything he wanted. Even with a Democratic Congress for the last two years, he got most (not all) of the legislation he wanted. And part of that was because the Democratic Congress was too gutless to challenge Bush's signing statements.

You've got to admit - Bush was successful in getting everything he wanted, with less scandal than any of the recent administrations.

Corwin, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  7. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And lest we forget - Bill Clinton was elected with even more fanfare than Obama. Anyone remember President Clinton's first year in office? He was being hailed by the media as someone history would remember as the greatest president ever. Now, he's remembered as one of the most scandal-ridden Presidents of the modern age and is still being attacked by his own party. Nobody remembers his accomplishments.

Corwin, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    BS. I doubted it and still do. I think he's a criminal.

What did he want? To destroy America's economy & world reputation? Yes he did an excellent job then. Less scandal? Is that some kind of joke? Bush's entire Presidency was nothing but a scandal. I assume you are saying he had "less scandal" because there was no Monica Lewinsky. NOBODY CARES about Monica Lewinsky. We care about being lied to about going to war.

BS again. Clinton ended his Presidency with extremely high popularity and he's still popular today. People remember the good times of the Clinton years that's part of what got Obama elected.

Zibblu, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Zibblu, I think that if Bush had comitted a crime, you would have written about it. You didn't, because you couldn't, could you?

People like to accuse Bush of not doing things legally, but they can never point to any direct evidence of any law he broke (I can - you can't).

I also noted that you didn't remember Clinton's accomplishments, either. Now, I'm sure that you can respond to this post you are reading with something you found searching on Google, but I noticed something in common about what you wrote about Clinton and what you wrote about Bush, so let me ask you this question:

Zibblu, do you think that popularity is more important than accomplishments?

And, a followup - do you think it's more important that Obama be popular, or that he be accomplished, hmmm?

Corwin, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  10. scweb

scweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    obama is over hyped and I dont think he is ready or can even think about all thats going to happen in his term

scweb, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Some people (Rush Limbaugh and his dittoheads) would rather wish for Obama to "fail" than for America to live up to it's promise under his leadership. Sad, very sad.

Zibblu, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  12. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama will leave his name in the history books. As one of the most corrupt presidents ever to rule the USA. Look at his just announced nominee Daschle to get what I am saying.

worldman, Feb 3, 2009 IP