1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proxies And You -- Hide Others While You Earn

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ObliviousOne, Jan 19, 2009.

Please Visit my Blog -- www.AmirMullick.com
    I Work Hard to Share What I Have Learned in my Time Online

Once children start attending high school, the norm of using social networking sites becomes extremely prevalent in the libraries. There’s only one problem, schools filter out social networking sites like FaceBook and MySpace, so students need something called a proxy.

A proxy site allows people to visit any site from any computer anonymously. But its not a true barrier breaker, because private building computers can also filter out proxy sites. Thats why, there are millions of proxy sites out there, new proxies are needed every week as older ones start getting filtered by more and more computers.

This is where we can make money. I started earning through adsense using www.tyou.info, my first proxy. Making a proxy is easy. Like all sites, you need a domain, a template/script, and hosting. I created a large proxy network of only four letter .info domains, so my domains were all cheap to start with, but .info domains are costly when it comes to renewals.

Proxy scripts are free all over the net, you can pick any script you want, just make sure it is a glype script since those are faster than the PHP ones. The problematic part is finding hosting. Proxies need special kind of hosting, and it is usually more expensive than normal hosting plans with the same specifications. Proxies require a lot of bandwidth, so its not easy to have proxies, especially if they have a lot of bandwidth, but if you know how to maximize your earnings from proxies, then your good.

When I started with www.tyou.info, I hosted with www.iwhic.com, which was a great proxy hosting company. They’re doing pretty bad at the moment as I’m writing this article, but they were awesome. I hosted about 10 proxies with them and once I had a lot of traffic I upgraded to a VPS hosting, and today I have so much I use dedicated hosting.

To maximize your proxy earnings, what you really need is traffic. Once you have lots of traffic, you will definitely start earning from AdSense very quickly; that’s one earning point. With traffic comes lots of page impressions, so you can start selling banner space on your proxy now. I used to have about 5 banners, 3 of which used to be affiliate banners of my own and two from people who wanted to either advertise their own proxy on my network or advertise some kind of proxy software on my network.

Banner spots went for $30 a month, on my whole network of 50 proxies, which was an unbelievable bargain. The true value for an ad banner on 50 proxies with traffic is worth well over $100, but I just wanted to make some money off the space I had available, so I did. Now I had a second point of earnings, but there's more.

Once my network became more popular, I started getting better page ranks, and that means I can sell link spots on my proxies. Selling links is bad, but if you sell just two or three backlink's then there's no problem. I was quickly able to get people who wanted a backlink from some of my proxies, now I had a third source of earnings just from my proxy network.

I would save up the money, and every month the banner ads would pay off my hosting and the sold links would give me money to work with and progress, and my adsense checks would be in my pocket so I could get new shoes or take my girlfriend out. That's about it, once you have a proxy network with traffic, your basically set.

Oh, I forgot to say one thing. Remember how I mentioned that 3 of the 5 banners I had were affiliate banners? That was my fourth secret earning technique. The three banners were an affiliate for the hosting I was using, and two referred people to join PTC sites I was a part of, and they all made a few good dollars for me every month. Use that space to your best, it’ll really help. Good luck!

ObliviousOne, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  2. megadeth199

megadeth199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow man thanks to share that with us I start to think to invest in proxy :D

megadeth199, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  3. l0ng2111

l0ng2111 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it iwll be hard first times

l0ng2111, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  4. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good post - thanks for sharing with us

ronmac, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  5. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you the great post ObliviousOne.
    I should try your "fourth secret earning technique" .
    I hope more experienced proxy webmasters like you will share their tips and tricks here in DP!

geekos, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  6. Adam_10

Adam_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this will be useful

Adam_10, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  7. Hip_notic

Hip_notic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good post thanks for the information

Hip_notic, Jan 20, 2009 IP