1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you guys find Trademark Lawyers?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Digital X, Jan 16, 2009.

I'm looking to trademark a name, and logo.

I know the process, but I want not only consultation, I also want the legality of the trademark. I'm not looking for just any kind of trademark, I'm looking for a nation-wide trademark name/logo. And to do that, I want a good trademark lawyer that knows the process better than a newbie does.

So, once again: Where do I find a trademark lawyer? :confused:

Digital X, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  2. WandaZ

WandaZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You can always look at the Martindale-Hubbell website (www.martindale.com). You can search this database by geographic location and specialty (including intellectual property) to locate peer-rated law firms and solo practitioners.

WandaZ, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  3. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    yellow pages.

hostlonestar, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest using a search engine to give you a list of names. Although there is no particular reason that a trademark lawyer needs to be located near you, I suggest that you start with a search of your own area such as "trademark attorney chicago."

Skip over all the legal directories that will turn up at the top of your search results (which mostly just give names and addresses) and go directly to the web pages of the first 5 or 10 attorneys in the search results. Read their biographies and the descriptions of their firms. If they talk about their multimillion dollar cases, chances are they concentrate on very large businesses and may be overkill for your needs.

Find someone who fits your needs. Don't be afraid to ask about fees (if they don't volunteer the information). Ask about their experience. Feel free to ask for references if you think that will help.

Business Attorney, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  5. Digital X

Digital X Member

Best Answers:
    I've done that multiple times already, but your keyword is different. I'll try that one now that I've gotten a better idea of things surrounding trademark lawyers. Thanks.

Digital X, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  6. phd78

phd78 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should also be able to contact the local bar association and get a referral to a trademark lawyer.

phd78, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  7. ipwatchdog

ipwatchdog Peon

Best Answers:
    I am an attorney and my specialty is intellectual property law. I am a patent attorney, but lawyers at my firm handle trademark matters. I also have an informational website about intellectual property law. Take a look at:

Trademark Law

Applying for a Trademark

Types of Trademarks

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

-Gene

ipwatchdog, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  8. sunnankar

sunnankar Peon

Best Answers:
    My trademark professor from law school spends a bunch of time on the polo fields in La Jolla. FYI, as you are looking around he charges about $500/hour but is a nationally recognized expert on the topic. The transactional work should be much cheaper.

sunnankar, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  9. godinu

godinu Peon

Best Answers:
    intellectual property is a term to search as well. Once you find one that looks promising, google them and find out more.

godinu, Jan 27, 2009 IP