1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can this be sandbox?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mg_, Jan 16, 2009.

The blog is now 1 month old with 460 baclinks, mostly quality from follow blogs, squidoo pages,hubpages,weebly,friendfeed,forums etc.. It ranked 13 for the main keyword first but then after I started ading links it felt down. Now is nowhere near 100 position on the top keyword, what I should do now, can I still add links or I better stop?

mg_, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  2. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It looks like typical sandbox. Continue building quality links and when you will go out of sandbox you will appear pretty high in SERPs.

MarbleHost.com, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  3. mg_

mg_ Peon

Best Answers:
    That is good to hear, ok thanks.

mg_, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  4. grumpyb

grumpyb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see many fluctuations in SERP when building a link campaign
    I am working on a site which was at no 10 and is now at no 55
    Its frustrating but generally it will come back and steady down after some time

grumpyb, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  5. DimityrDimitrov

DimityrDimitrov Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not sandbox. To be sandboxed means not to rank for sandboxed keyword. If you were sandboxed you would not see your site/blog in the results even on 100...page for the keyword. It's possible to be some kind of penalty.

DimityrDimitrov, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  6. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    it is not sandboxed. remember one thing that your competitors are also optimizing their websites for better rankings. moreover, Google also updates its index to provide better results to the user. you said you were ranking 13 for the main keyword. what is the search volume for it? are people searching for this keyword? were you getting visitors for this keyword? what was the number of unique and returning visitors for this keyword? is your keyword relevant to the landing page?

have a look at your competitors website and try to incorporate keyword in the backlinks you get.

shailendra, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  7. phd78

phd78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha - yeah, that's pretty typical of the sandbox. I had a site last summer that ranked on the first / second page for its keyword right away, then dropped back to the 10th page for a bit, then into oblivion, only to come back a couple months later to the first page - where it's been for a couple months now.

On the other hand, I've got a much higher quality site, updated more frequently, with better backlinks, and alot more content, that's been around longer, but in a tougher niche, and it's still nowhere to be found. Thank google for the sandbox!

phd78, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  8. cyblog

cyblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think you build link too fast, hold your backlinks and keep update your web. its like my problem before.
    i bulid a new web with new domain and after 4 hour its indexed by googl . i create lot backlink for that site. and after a week it not listed even i type site:domain :))

cyblog, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  9. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what's your main keyword? "make money online"? or "blog tips"?

monosodium, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  10. fana

fana Banned

Best Answers:
    fana, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  11. mg_

mg_ Peon

Best Answers:
    it is wii fit games and I got some nice traffic on 13 place. The main traffic for the keyword is around 1000 and rising. I think is sandboxed because I'm nowhere on 10 pages. I'm building quality links with commenting etc..

mg_, Jan 22, 2009 IP