1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help splitting a mysql database for import

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by jesusjonesuk, Jan 18, 2009.

hiya people. ok here is the problem. i have just bought a forum, and i need to transfer it from the sellers server, to my own server. the problem is, the database is 17,000 kibs, and the max upload is a tad over 2,000 kibs. i have googled for a mysql database splitter, and the only one that seems to keep coming up is a program called "BigDump". i have looked at this, but it seems a tad confusing for someone who only learned that he would need a database splitters a few hours ago lol. so my question is, apart from bigdump, are there any easier splitters on the market, or could someone explain an easier way to get the fime imported. Have looked up SSH as well, but this may as well also be written in klingon, for all the use it is to me lol.

thanks for any help in advance.
    les

jesusjonesuk, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  2. alexo

alexo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

there are several database backup tools to use.
    Also need some info:
    DO you have ftp or/and ssh access on both servers?
    Is it shared or dedicated server?

IMHO you don't need splitting, it's possible to move without this
    PM if you need asistance.

alexo, Jan 18, 2009 IP
    jesusjonesuk likes this.
  3. jesusjonesuk

jesusjonesuk Peon

Best Answers:
    many thanks to alexo for his time and paitence in sorting the DB out for me. a credit to himself and the DP forum. positive rep left for his efforts

jesusjonesuk, Jan 18, 2009 IP