1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A new era for web directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by hlln, Jan 17, 2009.

Proudly Presented from Inside of Cpamethod Coaching,

Now people have to understand which web directory is used for what. I mean guys come on!How many of you do know the difference and the purpose of link directories and article directories. Well let me give you a different scope of vision on how to change the layout of web directories.

Link Directories :

Well I call these web directories that create in direct traffic. First of link directories have a purpose to improve your ranking within the basis of the keyword and website your related to. Those link directories bring off heavy targeted traffic ? No! Definitely not, why ? Well its simple to answer by understanding the "Search engine work methodology". Search engines not only Google but all of them have a simple methodology based search on content keyword. Link directories only support the keyword to get listed within the search engines, the reason is rank better on the specified keywords. What most people do wrong is selecting high competitive keywords as for tags on link directories. So this brings us to a conclusion that traffic is not major important for link directories. The importance of link directories is to create strong infrastructure.

Article Directories:

Now article directories has more importance in bringing direct traffic. They do have the same importance for creating a infrastructure of back links. But the most important point what most people miss is about Search engines are formed from "Content" (Articles). Now people don't understand how to use the benefit of article directories. People create and post thousands of articles rather to improve the ranking of their articles found on the search engines. Instead of submitting thousands and thousand of articles why don't you just improve the ranking of your posted submitted articles. That would give you a better ranking a live targeted traffic.

The Era

I just want to open your vision by asking you a simple question. Why don't you people imply a module that allows link directories to be combined with article directories how ?

A user comes to a link directory and submits his/her link "http://www.yourdomain.com". Adss tags regarding to keywords etc etc.

Under each site people could post articles related to their website to that link submitted to a link directory. This would improve the position of the link directory and improve the quality of traffic, not to forget targeted traffic.

As far as I know there is no such thing. Even in Dmoz or Yahoo!Web Directory. I have a customized script module enhanced with PHPLD for personal use. I advice you guys to open your vision on how to improve web directories.

Source :

http://www.cpamethod.com

hlln, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you made a Type O' and meant to say Error and not Era.

:D

p.s. - a new era would have to be something new, but with the said script you mentioned, i had it all in there in 2006(oh yea, they were my ideas), but anywho, it's 2009 now and three years later; Far far from a 'new' era

an0n, Jan 17, 2009 IP
    hlln likes this.
  3. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope =) Its a new Era,

I am talking something more different. I just tweeted around it ;)

hlln, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the Url for? you say source but theres nothing at that Url?

pipes, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  5. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    Pipes

Its a private website its within the sources of the website.

hlln, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  6. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your site - "coming soon" I don't get it this new era. The new era for directories could be completely new feature. Articles isn't new feature.

arrisweb, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  7. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    A different point of view on how using articles with link directories is the main idea. I mean I am not talking about Article directories I am talking combining both of them used together.

-Article Directory
    -Link Directory
    -Bid Directory

All combined together = A new Era..

The website is nothing related to directories. But it consists information on how to improve the following Directory structure. I just gave out the word "idea" on how to improve the quality. I left it up to you to figure out and expand the variable directory structure.

hlln, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  8. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh dear. Sounds like you are just blending apples with oranges and its making a nasty tasting fruit juice, not a delightful summer drink....

Seriously, article directories are seperate to web directories. They both provide backlinks, it's heardly a new era by "joining" them is it

mikey1090, Jan 17, 2009 IP
    hlln likes this.
  9. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My first question is who are you and why are you qualified to identify a "new era" in directories?

YMC, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  10. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    mikey1090

Actually, article directories and web directories could be combined together that's what I am talking about. That is correct the main point is for back linking. I guess people still didn't understand what I ment by these words "New Era". Why ? No one does this, whats the benefits

1-Your Web directory would have much more traffic rather then just build up back links
    2-You would have content within your web directory + infrastructure of link building.

What I am talking about is a two phased Directory. Neither link directory nor article directory. It consists both of them. Think it this way a general link directory consists thumbnails tags small info etc. In addition to that, you add a article adding module to the web directory. Each site owner could post articles to their positioned listing on the web directory. This would give them back links officially but also with the power of contents they would get static traffic from SE.

YMC
    My profession is about Affiliate marketing. I never stated I was qualified about web directories. I have used this module setup for a long time, and saw the benefits were great. I just shared my idea, to making things better for the rest of the band.

Both your directory and the sites that are listed in the directory would get better in positioning.

hlln, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  11. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    I know of (a no longer supported) directory script what does something very similar. The submission form has fields for Title, Description and Details or Extended Description. I love the idea but have discovered there are very real problems with the concept. The script is coded such that the 'extended' description is displayed on the details page.

Problems:
    Submitters only submit with a description.
    Submitters repeat the same text for both.
    Additional spam text to be cleaned up (for those few who care).
    A great opportunity to spam the hell out of your directory with keyword stuffed $hit.

I love the idea but is a maintenance nightmare for anyone who wants to provide a quality resource. I have always (and still do) thought displaying the same text on the links and detail pages is a real waste.

Think a bit. It ain't that stupid; just the way it was presented.

Harkster, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  12. cadillactight

cadillactight Guest

Best Answers:
    As far as i understand that you are talking about combining the link directory and article directory in one site
    which can be more usefull and more traffic. This is a nice Idea but its already been developed and being used in many directory. I think we can not say this is new idea or new era of link building. Its getting old now! Even my directory is a link and articles directory for a long time :)

cadillactight, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  13. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My directory fruitydirectory.com already does this. Check the health and fitness category - it has loads of links AND articles.

Am I the first of a new era :D?

mikey1090, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  14. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What a crock of nonsense the OP is :eek:

britishguy, Jan 17, 2009 IP
    loredan likes this.
  15. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @OP: You should probably look around, just go to any directory list, browse some 10-15 directories and you would be surprised to know that the new Era has already started and there are 100s of link directories that also have article directories built-in.

jitendraag, Jan 18, 2009 IP
    loredan likes this.
  16. morkat

morkat Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a newbie here, I don't mean to offend anyone.
    Just leave the space for newbies like us to grown here!

morkat, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  17. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd second that :D

Somebody show him a few directories... This "New Era" started about 2 years ago if I remember well :)

loredan, Jan 18, 2009 IP
    britishguy and jitendraag like this.
  18. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Indeed. Sites like AuthorityDirectory.com have been doing it for ages too with phpLD. Even before phpLD had article submissions built in.

mikey1090, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  19. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys show me what you understand from my word i am not talking about two styles of directory formations listed on the same site I am talking about something else.

Ok let me take this straight I will write down fully in details what I mean. Those who state this has been used for two years "will see" the difference what I am talking about and what they know. Of course there are websites that do the same methodology , but the difference is that I am talking about way something else.

jitendraag

100s of link directories that also have article directories built-in

No I am not talking about that. I know that, I am talking something else totally different.

AuthorityDirectory.com

Nope nothing what I am talking about . Guys just be patient I will post the full details within tonight.

hlln, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  20. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Until you’re ready to whip it out quit telling us how big it is.

stoner3221, Jan 18, 2009 IP
    YMC, pipes and dsendecki like this.