1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommend me a Wordpress theme

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by danmaku_excellica, Jan 17, 2009.

Hi,
    I'm looking for a Wordpress theme that's stylish and has appealing typography, but is designed in such a way that it can fix a lot of content. I had my eye on the Mandigo theme - I like how the sidebars are small and give the main column room, and it doesn't look too plain - but I wasn't sure if I should use it. Are there any known problems with it? And even if there aren't, are there any good alternatives?

I also like this theme (http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net ), but it was custom designed so I can't use it. Are there any similar ones that emphasize the text and don't look too plain or professional?

Also, if I can't find a pre-existing theme that meets my needs, I was thinking of getting a custom theme made, but are there any downsides to this aside from the price? Things like compatibility, wordpress upgrades, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

danmaku_excellica, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  2. bojomojo

bojomojo Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually there is one guy here who started making free themes, too plain and elegant, i like them, check it out on wpdots.net

Getting a custom one made is good, just its pricy, but will work with updates and everything.

bojomojo, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  3. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    anhbloginc, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  4. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    here's one that's customizable like the Mandingo theme, I only played with it for about 20 minutes or so, but it looks promising. The free version has the authors links, but you can pay for a license to have it removed.
    http://www.flexibilitytheme.com/

bob25, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  5. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    skypeace, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  6. alunsina

alunsina Peon

Best Answers:
    i like typebased. its a free theme from woo.

check the demo here.

:)

alunsina, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  7. Attente

Attente Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm running Mandigo on the newest WP 2.7, works pretty good and looks appealing.
    But gona switch to thesis or revolution (both are paid) because of good SEO-friednly code and support.

Attente, Jan 18, 2009 IP